The Official Football Topic

Cuth

8 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Mate come on. This isn’t down to ronaldo ffs. We would have lost more games without him. In fact he’s the reason Ole is still in a job. This pressing stuff is nonsense, we’ve never pressed with or without Ronnie. 

I'm not saying it's just down to Ronaldo, there are a multitude of factors and him throwing the whole team off balance is just one of them. 

The best teams press, you don't (which has always been issue) and you never will be able to with him leading the line. We've started pressing a lot more and it's doing wonders for us and our squad is nowhere near as talented as yours. 

Ronpress.png

He's 37 in a few months and his best years are so far gone now, you didn't need him - you had potential for such a young attacking dynamic front three this season with Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho with Cavani coming in to offer something different but now Ronaldo has to play every game basically and he expects everything to go through him with chances being served up to him. Sure he scores important goals but would the team be better overall if he wasn't playing?

Ole has to go though, he isn't good enough and he can't still be learning on the job 3-4 years in. 

The guy just can't stand Ronaldo can he? Messi fanboy at it again. 

Weird to think you MUST press to win games - he's never done much pressing his whole career and done just fine. United need to go back to counter attacking football, its what we've always been about. Rashford/Greenwood/Sancho are young, inconsistent and not there yet. Cavani is in his last 6 months and has injury problems. People were moaning about game time for Greenwood - he's played more games than anyone. 

Our problem are 100% in defence - just look at the bulk of goals conceded the last few games, so poor from Maguire, Shaw and Bissaka. 

I think some people are desperate to create the narrative that Ronaldo makes teams weaker - when its always been the opposite. 

45 minutes ago, Roux said:

The guy just can't stand Ronaldo can he? Messi fanboy at it again. 

Weird to think you MUST press to win games - he's never done much pressing his whole career and done just fine. United need to go back to counter attacking football, its what we've always been about. Rashford/Greenwood/Sancho are young, inconsistent and not there yet. Cavani is in his last 6 months and has injury problems. People were moaning about game time for Greenwood - he's played more games than anyone. 

Our problem are 100% in defence - just look at the bulk of goals conceded the last few games, so poor from Maguire, Shaw and Bissaka. 

"The guy" hahaha

He is one of the greatest of all time and has had an incredible career, but he is 37 in a few months and well past his best - do you honestly think I'm the only person who holds this opinion? I get you're caught up in the romance of it all but just accept it, this homecoming was a mistake that was all about money and fantasy of bringing back the glory years. 

Defence have been poor but they haven't been helped by what's in front of them either. Fred & McTominay are not good enough to start regularly and the team has been horrendously off balance at points with this Harlem Globetrotters approach of chucking in all the big names who don't work well together. 

Rashford is days away from turning 24 and on £200k a week, Sancho cost £80m and is on £350k a week - they should be in the team every week - look at the top earners at City who are the finished article earning the same/a lot less, with better coaching I think they are good enough to be playing week in/week out. Greenwood should also be playing through the middle much more, the kid is a born finisher. Seems a shame to stifle his development in what will probably end up being his best position over the next couple years to cater to a 36-38 year old. 

Its fine to have different opinions in football btw, you state yours and I state mine. I get that you're a bit sulky though, I'd be pissed as well if my team had this embarrassment of riches but were still playing so badly. 

19 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

"The guy" hahaha

He is one of the greatest of all time and has had an incredible career, but he is 37 in a few months and well past his best - do you honestly think I'm the only person who holds this opinion? I get you're caught up in the romance of it all but just accept it, this homecoming was a mistake that was all about money and fantasy of bringing back the glory years. 

Defence have been poor but they haven't been helped by what's in front of them either. Fred & McTominay are not good enough to start regularly and the team has been horrendously off balance at points with this Harlem Globetrotters approach of chucking in all the big names who don't work well together. 

Rashford is days away from turning 24 and on £200k a week, Sancho cost £80m and is on £350k a week - they should be in the team every week - look at the top earners at City who are the finished article earning the same/a lot less, with better coaching I think they are good enough to be playing week in/week out. Greenwood should also be playing through the middle much more, the kid is a born finisher. Seems a shame to stifle his development in what will probably end up being his best position over the next couple years to cater to a 36-38 year old. 

Its fine to have different opinions in football btw, you state yours and I state mine. I get that you're a bit sulky though, I'd be pissed as well if my team had this embarrassment of riches but were still playing so badly. 

Then why did Pep Guardiola want him if he doesn't press and passed it? 

What did you think he's going to play like he's 25 again? Use some common sense... he's a number 9 that still scores bags of goals, as he's shown. Can't quite understand how you think its been a failure lol - delusional really. He's been by far our best player. Could understand if he came back and looked slow, no goals or real threat, disinterested - but its been the complete opposite. He cost us nothing except wages - which will pay for itself. I'd make him captain. Think you're just try to validate your opinion - but the facts speak for themselves. 

What's in front of that defence hasn't changed - they've been solid the last few years. Very clear to me that Maguire has been the centre of all of this - how many of the goals can be attributed to him the last few games - nearly all of them. All players make mistakes - but he's doing costly mistakes every single game - last season and this season. 

Just because they are on 200k a week doesn't mean they are good! They are all inconsistent, but will improve with time. 

Greenwood isn't good enough to play through the middle, yet - he's not strong enough to hold up the ball. Playing with Cavani and Ronaldo regularly is only going to make him better, not stifle him. He's also far too selfish.

I'm just pissed that we have the players to fix this, yet Ole wants to play the same team again and again - Lingard should play wide right, Bailly should replace Maguire and Donny should be in the team over Fred or McTominay.  

On 10/30/2021 at 7:33 PM, Scott. said:

Some performance from Ronaldo that. Absolute class

Haha he must read my posts on here, made me look a right mug. Formation seemed to work.

Great win for us yesterday, we've got some team currently and the spirit in the camp is unreal.

Rice MOTM yesterday with a goal and an assist, gets better every single game. Whole team was superb though.

Yeah he’s done a good job. I like the signings he’s made too. I didn’t think much of Gallagher when he was at Swansea but he’s been killing it in the Prem.

7 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Haha he must read my posts on here, made me look a right mug. Formation seemed to work.

Great win for us yesterday, we've got some team currently and the spirit in the camp is unreal.

Rice MOTM yesterday with a goal and an assist, gets better every single game. Whole team was superb though.

brilliant performance. Rice was the bollocks yesterday. We should have spent our Sancho money on him. The amount of money we’ve wasted is criminal. 40m on Donny for him to warm the bench? I don’t get it. 40 odd million for the youngester Amad too. Still early days but when the fuck is he going to get opportunities? We’re a fucking mess. 

6 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yeah he’s done a good job. I like the signings he’s made too. I didn’t think much of Gallagher when he was at Swansea but he’s been killing it in the Prem.

brilliant performance. Rice was the bollocks yesterday. We should have spent our Sancho money on him. The amount of money we’ve wasted is criminal. 40m on Donny for him to warm the bench? I don’t get it. 40 odd million for the youngester Amad too. Still early days but when the fuck is he going to get opportunities? We’re a fucking mess. 

Yeah the Sancho signing is still early days but it hasn't gone well so far and it's gonna be even harder for him to find a run of form if OGS carries on with the formation that worked so well on Saturday. Completely forgot about that Amad as well and yeah Donny just needs to be moved on ASAP. You do seem to have a habit of hoarding deadwood more than a lot of the other top teams for some reason too?

I'm hoping we can hang onto Rice, think we might if we can somehow get CL (very unlikely I know) by either league position or winning Europa...or maybe another top 6 finish and a domestic cup trophy win. Think he is a ready made replacement for Fernandinho at City who must be about 57 now. Hoping our owners price him out of a move but money always talks with them...

Sancho and Amad have years ahead of them - hopefully both can come good, the potential is there. Chiesa would have been my choice over Sancho - but we'll see how he turns out. Gutted for Donny, but he'll go to a top UCL team no doubt - i feel like he could be our version of Salah or De Bruyne when they were at Chelsea and the manager didn't give a fuck about them and they never played - they lived to regret it the way both turned out. Its a shame Ole has his favourites. 

If I were Newcastle looking to make a statement, I'd try to buy Lingard and Van De Beek in January. 

Bellingham is the ultimate star DM for me, only 18 and looks soo comfortable on the ball- why would you go for anyone else above the £60m mark. 

Rice and Gallagher have been good so far this season. 

15 hours ago, Roux said:

Sancho and Amad have years ahead of them - hopefully both can come good, the potential is there. Chiesa would have been my choice over Sancho - but we'll see how he turns out. Gutted for Donny, but he'll go to a top UCL team no doubt - i feel like he could be our version of Salah or De Bruyne when they were at Chelsea and the manager didn't give a fuck about them and they never played - they lived to regret it the way both turned out. Its a shame Ole has his favourites. 

If I were Newcastle looking to make a statement, I'd try to buy Lingard and Van De Beek in January. 

Bellingham is the ultimate star DM for me, only 18 and looks soo comfortable on the ball- why would you go for anyone else above the £60m mark. 

Rice and Gallagher have been good so far this season

😍

I do wonder about Bellingham, I don't doubt his talent but I don't think there is any doubt that there a pretty substantial step up from doing it week in/week out in the Bundesliga and doing it in the Prem. He is only 18 I know but I think it's to early to say he is going to be a guaranteed world beater, hope he does become that for England's sake. 

56 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

😍

I do wonder about Bellingham, I don't doubt his talent but I don't think there is any doubt that there a pretty substantial step up from doing it week in/week out in the Bundesliga and doing it in the Prem. He is only 18 I know but I think it's to early to say he is going to be a guaranteed world beater, hope he does become that for England's sake. 

Its not the PL, but its a decent league - for me,  its more of can a 18yo kid handle himself against grown men in midfield and he absolutely can. He reminds me of when Pogba went to Juve at 19 and physically dominated. He's got a very good footballing brain too. Him, Pedri and Greenwood  are the most exciting young players i've seen the last few years. 

England really need a top midfielder and goalkeeper - hopefully that can be Bellingham and Henderson.

Won't be long before Conor Gallagher gets his first England call-up too, Chelsea are stacked with young talent. 

Another Ruben Neves masterclass last night...   Wolves are the most in-form team in the league at the moment. 

6 hours ago, Scott. said:

That was worse than Liverpool. I’ve never seen a United side more clueless than that today. 

He has to go now, he's just not up to the job.

Wan-Bissaka was abysmal and needs some time out the team, whole defence was really bad though.

Fred and McTominay are nowhere near the level for a team that wants to challenge for major honours, surely everyone sees this now?

What is alarming about this Man United team is how bad they are off the ball, no pressing, poor work rate - just not good enough.

Yeah it’s a joke. That was painful today. City are a bore though fucking hell. Give me Klopp football over Peps turgid shite all day long. 

I suspect when we lose against Watford,  Villarreal and Chelsea after the break he’ll be gone 

13 hours ago, Scott. said:

Yeah it’s a joke. That was painful today. City are a bore though fucking hell. Give me Klopp football over Peps turgid shite all day long. 

I suspect when we lose against Watford,  Villarreal and Chelsea after the break he’ll be gone 

Klopp is heavy metal like he says but Pep is more pragmatic, his teams just suffocate teams to death slowly but they are gagging for a striker to put away a half chance in the really tight games.

Really excited for our game today, gonna be a real test. I think we will lose as Liverpool will want to bounce back after the Brighton game but just hope we put in a good account of ourselves, would be buzzing to get a draw. Think we have a chance but only if Antonio is at his best and in the mood.