The Official Football Topic

Cuth

6 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Maguire looks even more of a bigger dickhead now after his embarrassing celebration against a bunch of Albanian plumbers. He has been a disgrace this season, I hate his fucking stupid face and his massive head. Cunt. 

I saw that - and i just thought wait until the next united game... the guy is a wannabe hero who has too much ego to step down and put himself out of the team - no manager would accept his level of performance. 

i'm not the biggest fan of Poch and Conte. Rogers would be Ole part 2 imo, but i could be wrong. Simone would be my choice - his style is perfect for United. 

Look there no chance the bollockless owners go for Conte or Simone, they want a boring yes man cunt like Southgate or Rodgers. I feel fucking ill. I know the owners will fuck this up again it’s what they do best.

I want Ten Hag and VDS as DOF. 

• Like 1

its amazing to me that people write those articles about Ronaldo and not Harry Maquire. One has been out best player and the other our worst. One generates click bait and the other doesn't. United's style really isn't much different with Martial/Rashford/Greenwood up front instead of Ronaldo - the only difference has been Cavani who presses harder. 

Even Bruno Fernandes is more of a problem than Ronaldo as the last game showed. This isn't down to a system or new player - its individual errors particularly in defence, time and time again from the same players. 

20 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

You're paying him like £400k a week right? I'd say that's big game player money wouldn't you?

How many times has he rescued us this season? 10 goals in 14 games - he's been by far our best player - not sure where you're going with this, but your attempt to prove otherwise fails every time you bring it up! Desperate to prove he's been a mistake signing. 

3 hours ago, Roux said:

How many times has he rescued us this season? 10 goals in 14 games - he's been by far our best player - not sure where you're going with this, but your attempt to prove otherwise fails every time you bring it up! Desperate to prove he's been a mistake signing. 

At what cost though? Greenwood looked an absolute superstar in the first few games then has dropped to being supporting cast, Sancho has barely done anything either, is it worth stunting development of such great talents for a 2 year trip down memory lane - defence starts from the front of the team and he is the focal point of that.

In reality I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of both our points, he probably doesn't has much of an impact on the rest of the team as I say but it also does more than you are saying. His 10 goals in 14 games is great but at what cost are they? would someone else score them if he wasn't there? would they be divided out between other players more because the team aren't always feeling like they need to feed the Ronaldo show?

I think they're all valid questions that should be at least asked but guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Maybe things will change now Ole has gone, guess time will tell. 

12 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

At what cost though? Greenwood looked an absolute superstar in the first few games then has dropped to being supporting cast, Sancho has barely done anything either, is it worth stunting development of such great talents for a 2 year trip down memory lane - defence starts from the front of the team and he is the focal point of that.

In reality I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of both our points, he probably doesn't has much of an impact on the rest of the team as I say but it also does more than you are saying. His 10 goals in 14 games is great but at what cost are they? would someone else score them if he wasn't there? would they be divided out between other players more because the team aren't always feeling like they need to feed the Ronaldo show?

I think they're all valid questions that should be at least asked but guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Maybe things will change now Ole has gone, guess time will tell. 

He doesn't play in either of their positions - he's a number 9! Sancho and Greenwood are both wide players at the moment. Greenwood is injured, not dropped. And he's played just as many games as Ronaldo this season.

In any case, both young players will only learn from him - look how much Greenwood has learned from Cavani. 

You're just changing the goals posts now to try validate your point (again). 

People are just thinking it’s ronaldo’s fault because we’re having such a shit season and it gets clicks etc when in reality this has been coming for ages, we played last season in empty stadiums. I would write last season off. Even our away record counts for fuck all imo. Our form has got nothing to do with ronaldo, he’s been the only shining light this season. He’s the only one performing and De Gea.

19 hours ago, Roux said:

He doesn't play in either of their positions - he's a number 9! Sancho and Greenwood are both wide players at the moment. Greenwood is injured, not dropped. And he's played just as many games as Ronaldo this season.

In any case, both young players will only learn from him - look how much Greenwood has learned from Cavani. 

You're just changing the goals posts now to try validate your point (again). 

I was just trying to come at it from a fair angle and see both sides to be honest, try it sometime. 

You don't have to play in the same position to have a negative impact on someone elses game as well btw. 

Fernandes has never been that great for Portugal but excellent for United, Ronaldo comes into United and suddenly Fernandes looks a lot poorer, surely there at least MIGHT be something in that?

Greenwood looked great up front first few games, he is a natural finisher but he's got shunted out wide and the goals dried up.

It's ALWAYS the Ronaldo Show when he plays, everyone else is the supporting cast - whether that's good for the team or not. 

On another note, why are Man United so obsessed with the past? OGS as manager, Carrick as coach despite having no experience, bring back Fergie's assistant in Phelan, sign a 36 year old legend who is past his best, Fergie hanging around like some overbearing parent - it's just clinging onto the old glory days and trying to replicate the past rather than looking forward to create something modern and fresh.