The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Couple of poor performances by United. Scoreline flattered us last night. Goals came out of nothing really. I don’t think Ralf has had much time with the full squad in training with the covid cases etc but what we’ve seen so far is no improvement, in fact I thought we looked better under Carrick. 

Donny must be so shit in training. How is he getting no games at all? It’s weird. I feel sorry for him and hope he leaves soon. Maguire has been the worst CB in the league this season easily. I don’t know wtf is going on with him after a really good Euro’s.

Just a load of expensive players on mega wages bashed together with a hammer hoping for the best, this is meant to be a rebuild job and you've got a strike partnership with a combined age of 70, absolute madness.

McTominay, Matic and Fred are all just not good enough. 

Also what the fuck has happened to Fernandes? goals and assists have completely dried up, I think I know the reason why but can't be fucked going into that same argument. 

Ronaldo also whines when things don't go his way like he is still peak Ronaldo, needs to take a long hard look at himself/his performances and ask whether he is up to this level anymore before he lambasts all his teammates. Sure he will pop up with goals but his general play is really poor generally and if he doesn't score he tends to offer absolutely nothing to the team as a whole.  

Yeah ronaldo all round game is completely dead. Can barely pass the ball anymore although I will say the team is a fucking mess so hard to judge some players. I guarantee if he was playing for city he’d be banging in two a game. 

it’s obvious though the players are not doing what ralf wants. I don’t know wtf is going on tbh. We looked better under Carrick. Most of the players are fucking babies, probably having a moan because Ole and Carrick have gone. They had it so easy under them. 

I don’t know what the answer is. I think we have to trust Ralf to get the right manager in and to go upstairs and leave him transform the club. Get players out, problem is nobody is willing to pay the wages we give these players so we’ve shot ourselves in the foot. We’re a fucking mess. 

Fernandes is just useless, he's doesn't understand the game like someone like Kevin de Bruyne. His stats for giving the ball away are shocking. He's such a negative whiney bitch too. 

All these managers have just let Donny die on the bench - surely it's worth giving him a few games. He should have played over Matic yesterday - that guy is finished. 

I thought Ralf has made a mess of the team - he wants control, but plays 4222 with everyone out of position and 2 strikers who don't see the ball - the system is going to make the wings wide open for the opposition to exploit. Just go 433/451 and pack the midfield and leave Ronaldo up front. Makes no sense. 

Sancho plays like a 16yo making his debut - he's scared to run with the ball. 

47 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I don't know if its because I didn't see him play as much but I always thought Sancho was quicker?

Not sure whether it's just how he is playing or whether I misjudged it because he looked so good for Dortmund. 

I think he's quick - he just doesn't know how to use it in this league, neither does Rashford. They skin players, then overplay and give the ball away. Doesn't help that there's a different first 11 and formation every match. 

I dunno what’s going on with Sancho but he looks fucking dreadful. Like I said though it’s hard to judge these lads because we have no plan you can see when they’re on the ball they have no options. Confidence is on the floor too. 

Bit harsh to call Bruno useless but yes he is careless with the ball, he’s been our best player for a couple seasons now, even he looks poor though this season. I don’t know what’s happened this season it’s crazy. We look like one of the worst teams in the league. 

I thought Rangnick would have a bit more about him but he keeps subbing Greenwood for no reason because he’s the easy option it’s starting to piss me off and the crowd booed yesterday. Have a bit more about you and take someone else off ffs. Get their respect. As soon as you see Matic starting you know we’re fucked, he can barely run ffs. Our midfield is shit

Lack of strategy from top to bottom isn't it. 

Everyone was ripping Arsenal at start of the season and now it seems like it's all coming together a bit with a young team who are gelling that can grow together while they've outcast a striker with a bad attitude who is past his best. 

Man United have just thrown money at random big names and hoped it by chance all comes together. Been doing it ever since Fergie left and still haven't learned. 

• Like 1

Yeah Arsenal were excellent against City. My problem is that we can’t sell our players, we give them ridiculous wages and we can’t move them on. There’s so many players that need to go.

Cavani will go in the summer, free up massive wages

Pogba will leave hopefully, massive wages again

Lingard will leave on a free

Mata will retire probably 

Matic will probably leave

Donny, Martial and Jones will leave 

Henderson will leave

that’s what needs to happen anyway.

We’ve got a massive rebuild on. I say this every fucking summer

3 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

Yeah Arsenal were excellent against City. My problem is that we can’t sell our players, we give them ridiculous wages and we can’t move them on. There’s so many players that need to go.

Cavani will go in the summer, free up massive wages

Pogba will leave hopefully, massive wages again

Lingard will leave on a free

Mata will retire probably 

Matic will probably leave

Donny, Martial and Jones will leave 

Henderson will leave

that’s what needs to happen anyway.

We’ve got a massive rebuild on. I say this every fucking summer

Jones leave? he will outlive everyone at this club! 

Us and Everton - two worst playing teams in the league at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Can include Norwich in the shit show pal! We're fucking appalling!!

I think it's a little unfair to put Norwich in that list - not much more they can do really, even on their best day they can get stomped. They badly needed investment. 

16 hours ago, Roux said:

I think it's a little unfair to put Norwich in that list - not much more they can do really, even on their best day they can get stomped. They badly needed investment. 

We do need investment, but perversely, I'm still proud that we're self-funded. We haven't reinvested the money from selling Buendia well at all. And those that we brought that could maybe do a job are injured. Equally, I think we've proved Farke wasn't the problem, Smith has done absolutely nothing with the same squad. Admittedly, he's going through a time of high injuries and covid cases, but I would expect the new manager to be able to get the players available to be playing better. 

Up until this summer, I've been saying that Webber has been our best signing in years. But he's now doing the exact same thing he did at Huddersfield, which is very worrying. I do wonder if his plan of using us a stepping stone to something bigger and better has gone tits up with the two PL campaigns he's overseen.  Very interesting and worrying times coming up for us... I think if (when) we go down, that's us done for a decade plus. Just like Ipshit.

I thought the wheels were coming off a bit after the defeat against Southampton but bounced back with a couple of nice away victories against Watford and Palace, we rode our luck a bit in the later but the fact they'd lost only 1 in 10 at home prior to that makes it a great result still. 

Our away from is Champions League but our home form is midtable despite beating Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea there we've lost to Brentford, Southampton and dropped points against Brighton and Palace. Need to up that if we want to stay where we are, I think top 4 is a stretch to far but another top 6 finish is doable with hopefully a good run in the Europa League and FA Cup (although we might need to choose our battles with our squad size)

Think this might be our last season with Rice sadly, will have 2 years left on his deal in the summer and now would be the optimal time to sell if he ends up not signing a new deal. Can only see him signing/staying if we qualify for the CL which is quite unlikely, deserves to play at the very top so can't blame him - shown this season how much more to his game there is than people who just see his holding role for England. 

Trippier you Newcastle for 12m is a bargain. They wanted 30m for him in the summer and we walked away, why didn’t we Come back in for him? I don’t rate him that much but he’s much better than Dalot and Bissaka. Surely they could have squeezed more out of Newcastle than 12m ffs