The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Ref was shocking.

Huge mistake taking off Fred (who was excellent) and Fernandes - we lost all shape after that. 

Maguire stands out like a sore thumb - he stupidly pushed up twice and they scored twice, yet he keeps playing. 

Great manager Simeone, they deserved to go through the way they played - excellent all over the pitch and no wasted passes or movement. We HAVE to go for him - he's the only one that i would be confident of taking on Pep/Klopp. 

3 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

What a signing Tammy Abraham has been for Roma @Elisa

What I really love about him is that he’s made a real effort to understand what playing for Roma means. You could really see that today more than any other day. It doesn’t feel like he’s using it as a platform to just bounce back to the Premier League. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 12:10 PM, Mr Blonde said:

What a result for barca. Thought they were dead and buried but xavi has done a good job and they have a good blend of youth and experience. Auba when he can be arsed is a seriously good player

Like i said before - they have signed 2 players for free (Adama & Kessie) who we should have signed to improve us and they'll probably get a third in Raphina. All great, shrewd signings so far from them - they look strong. 

This shit is ridiculous. What a mickey mouse team. It’s taken awhile but I have finally stopped laughing. Has there ever been a more spineless and wasteful front 3 than Insigne, Immobile and Berardi? Without Chiesa and Spinazzola they can’t do anything. 

Looking forward to watching England do well at the World Cup though. 

On 3/25/2022 at 9:11 AM, Roux said:

Like i said before - they have signed 2 players for free (Adama & Kessie) who we should have signed to improve us and they'll probably get a third in Raphina. All great, shrewd signings so far from them - they look strong. 

Now about to get Rudiger too! All free agent players we should have gone for, but instead they'll make Barca stronger.  

6 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Would Rudiger really want to come to Man United? I get Barcelona aren't at their best currently but at least they will be able offer CL football. 

Of course - we offer 250k these days to nobodies like Martial and Rudiger wants a big payday. He'd go to whoever pays the most. 

35 minutes ago, Roux said:

Of course - we offer 250k these days to nobodies like Martial and Rudiger wants a big payday. He'd go to whoever pays the most. 

He's 30 next week, would probably want a 3 or more than likely a 4 year contract as well? didn't realise he was that old, thought he was like 27/28. 

Sure he will get it somewhere but not sure a long term contract on big money is going to represent value in the long term for whoever does get him. 

34 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He's 30 next week, would probably want a 3 or more than likely a 4 year contract as well? didn't realise he was that old, thought he was like 27/28. 

Sure he will get it somewhere but not sure a long term contract on big money is going to represent value in the long term for whoever does get him. 

See no signs of him slowing down or regular injuries. He gives you immediate short term quality for 3/4 years so they can look at younger replacements in the long term. A free agent who is decent age and at the top of his game represents great value imo - just like all the Barca signings have been so far - i mean it's a steal, won't find many bargains as good as Kessie and Rudiger for free this summer.