The Official Football Topic

Cuth

5 minutes ago, petros said:

I was watching Varane every week. I told you he's finished. 

Yeah he’s absolutely shit. I honestly thought that in his first game, he runs weird and his passing was awful. He was babysat by Ramos for years and I clocked after about 10 mins he was shite

• Like 1

Brighton haven’t won at home this year and only scored 12 goals at home till united rocked up. Just when I think we can’t sink any lower that happens, I don’t even know what to say anymore. The club is fucking rotten from the top. 

Mad that since Fergie left United have only finished above arsenal 3 times, absolute shambles. 

Traore is a steaming pile of turd. I'm sure the only people that rate him are people that just play fifa, he doesn't have a footballers brain and turns up for 4 or 5 games a season. My dads been a season ticket holder at Molineux for a number of years now and the general consensus from wolves fans is that he's shit, no end product whatsoever. 

Yeah not a fan of Adama either, he’s a juiced up Bolasie. A fucking headless chicken, the type of player United would sign, a complete kick and run merchant with no technical ability whatsoever. 

I cannot wait for this season to be over lads, this summer is going to feel like we’re going in for life saving surgery. I see fans hoping we sign the likes of Nkunku and Tchouameni etc those days are over, we have to look at our 3rd/4th options on the list. We have to be clever now with recruitment and those signings will come again with CL football. 

Thought Spurs were really good last night, solid at the back and a threat going forward. I think their January signings have been excellent and will make the difference in getting fourth. Conte is a brilliant manager, hope he goes in the summer tbh or top 4 will be hard to get next year. That Liverpool Quad/treble looks unlikely now praise the fucking Lord. Goes to show what an achievement that was from United when incredible teams like City and Liverpool can’t complete it. We should have won the treble too in 2008 but lost to Pompey in the fa cup. Portsmouth ffs!!! I’m so greedy.

Glad some people agree with me, I also don't think Traore would 'laugh' at an offer from West Ham...if we're good enough for the likes of Rice, Bowen, Zouma etc...I'm fairly certain we'd be good enough for Adama Traore 😂

Squeeky bum time for end of the season, could end up in the Europa League again or if we lose both our games we could easily end up with not even Europa Conference. 

5 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Glad some people agree with me, I also don't think Traore would 'laugh' at an offer from West Ham...if we're good enough for the likes of Rice, Bowen, Zouma etc...I'm fairly certain we'd be good enough for Adama Traore 😂

Oh i think he would - none of those players are exactly elite are they? Rice doesn't even want to play for you lot either! The guy turned down Spurs who are a bigger club ffs 🤣

Haaland to city then. Sickening but obvious transfer. How the fuck is his release clause £64m. That ridiculous and at that price why is nobody else going in for him, you’d think Bayern would be all over that, the perfect replacement for Lewa. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

Haaland to city then. Sickening but obvious transfer. How the fuck is his release clause £64m. That ridiculous and at that price why is nobody else going in for him, you’d think Bayern would be all over that, the perfect replacement for Lewa. 

Because Dortmund agreed this in his contract and United didn't want to do this release clause. Him, His agents and his dad are going to make a fortune. 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/man-utd-haaland-transfer-release-clause-borussia-dortmund/blta1cab3a61a212d9c

19 hours ago, Roux said:

Oh i think he would - none of those players are exactly elite are they? Rice doesn't even want to play for you lot either! The guy turned down Spurs who are a bigger club ffs 🤣

They are all pound for pound better at football than Traore though aren't they? Rice will leave eventually as deserves to play for a team challenging for the league and the CL..I think any West Ham fan with half a brain accepts that, he is still giving his all every game though so that is what matters to me. Hope he gets a move to either Liverpool or City, deserves to be playing at a team that is at that level. 

Traore turned down Spurs to go to Barca which is understandable, they aren't gonna sign him by the looks of things - he will be lucky to get an option to go to a team like Spurs now. 

I think he will probably end up somewhere like Everton, Villa or maybe Leicester. Really can't see him playing regularly for any team who is in the CL or the EL - might as well save a few quid and sign up Usain Bolt. 

13 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

They are all pound for pound better at football than Traore though aren't they? Rice will leave eventually as deserves to play for a team challenging for the league and the CL..I think any West Ham fan with half a brain accepts that, he is still giving his all every game though so that is what matters to me. Hope he gets a move to either Liverpool or City, deserves to be playing at a team that is at that level. 

Traore turned down Spurs to go to Barca which is understandable, they aren't gonna sign him by the looks of things - he will be lucky to get an option to go to a team like Spurs now. 

I think he will probably end up somewhere like Everton, Villa or maybe Leicester. Really can't see him playing regularly for any team who is in the CL or the EL - might as well save a few quid and sign up Usain Bolt. 

Well it's not a debate about who is better - he went to Barca for free, had an impact and made way for a much better player - job done. 

The two teams mentioned are far bigger clubs than WH and he could have gone to either of them - if he's that shit why did they want him? Spurs would be desperate to sign him if he were available again. 

I would take him at United all day long over the shit we have now. 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

Well it's not a debate about who is better - he went to Barca for free, had an impact and made way for a much better player - job done. 

The two teams mentioned are far bigger clubs than WH and he could have gone to either of them - if he's that shit why did they want him? Spurs would be desperate to sign him if he were available again. 

I would take him at United all day long over the shit we have now. 

I just don't get it, he is an inconsistent speed merchant who like Bucko said, plays well in patches and is then awful for substantial periods after that. He is not consistent enough to play for anyone other than a midtable to lower midtable Prem team regularly. Barca needed bodies and he did a job for a few games but it's become clear he isn't the player they need if they want to get to where they want to be.

He would be an absolute car crash at Man United, I'm certain of it. 

MAYBE he could be a decent option for Spurs, Conte turned Victor Moses from a pretty average winger into a good wing back at Chelsea but something tells me that Traore has notions and wouldn't fancy that.

I'll happily be proven wrong though as always. 

33 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I just don't get it, he is an inconsistent speed merchant who like Bucko said, plays well in patches and is then awful for substantial periods after that. He is not consistent enough to play for anyone other than a midtable to lower midtable Prem team regularly. Barca needed bodies and he did a job for a few games but it's become clear he isn't the player they need if they want to get to where they want to be.

He would be an absolute car crash at Man United, I'm certain of it. 

MAYBE he could be a decent option for Spurs, Conte turned Victor Moses from a pretty average winger into a good wing back at Chelsea but something tells me that Traore has notions and wouldn't fancy that.

I'll happily be proven wrong though as always. 

He can drive the ball up the pitch in a matter of seconds - leaving 3/4 opposition players for dust with brute force, it's really his only attribute, but its an attribute not many players in the world have - its a pretty impressive ability, and he can do this multiple time per match. 

As opposed to Rashford, Martial, Elanga, Sancho, Dalot, Bissaka? Has he been any more inconsistent than any of those players this season? i don't think so - imo he'd be far more effective than any of them - they can all barely stand up after they get tackled!

I get that he's never going to be an elite player - i don't disagree, but his attribute is a big part of the game and is quite rare - it creates a huge amount of space for other players because you need at least 2 players to mark him. 

He's also capped for Spain, which again wouldn't happen if he was shit. 

@Rouxwho are some players you think we can get for decent price that would improve us? The superstar days are over for now.

Brennan Johnson and Djed Spence at Forest look quality. Olise at Palace is another classy young player. 

33 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

@Rouxwho are some players you think we can get for decent price that would improve us? The superstar days are over for now.

Brennan Johnson and Djed Spence at Forest look quality. Olise at Palace is another classy young player. 

Tolisso and Dembele would be free transfers. 

Gravenberch would be coming up to the end of his contract at Ajax - a great young Pogba replacement imo. 

I wouldn't mind Lewandowski and 1/2 younger strikers. 

Ruben Neves is a must imo - perfect replacement for Matic. 

These are the only ones i can think of that would be under £35m

I don't know much about the players you mentioned - but James Garner has to fight for his place at United or go on loan to a Premier League team (if Forrest don't get promoted) 

7 hours ago, Roux said:

Garnacho baby!

Fucking brilliant that. Done the club proud and what a turn out for the lads and also the forest fans were great. Two massive fucking clubs. I hope forest come up.

Forest players looked like men out there, I’ve noticed that with the United u23s or u18s the opposition are always bigger than our lads. 

@Roux apparently a very reliable journo has said De Jong to United will be done this month because Barca need a sale before June 30th I think I read. What you think? Obviously a quality operator but think he hasn’t been too good for Barca but worked with Ten Hag before.