The Official Football Topic

Cuth

7 minutes ago, Roux said:

was cringe the first 100x. 

but good for you getting it out of your system. 

@Mr Blonde looks like we're losing out on alotta top players to other teams! We'll spend the whole summer trying to sign De Jong

Yeah dunno what’s happening tbh. I don’t think any of the journos know what’s going on. Transfer season does my head in. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

Yeah dunno what’s happening tbh. I don’t think any of the journos know what’s going on. Transfer season does my head in. 

quickest defender in the world St. Juste - goes to Sporting Lisbon for £7m. Why are we not looking at this? 

Bastoni and Pau Torres off to Spurs

On 6/8/2022 at 8:31 AM, Roux said:

Harry Maguire plays well for England they tell me... 😄

He has played well for England in the past though hasn't he? none of that is factually untrue. 

On 6/8/2022 at 11:44 AM, Roux said:

150m for Declan Rice too - fucking hell 😄

chasing shadows. Incredibly overrated - Musiala make him look like David Batty in midfield. 

He was voted England's man of the match, not sure what game you were watching - he was very steady and broke up a lot of German attacks, the job Southgate asks him to do. Unfortunately he doesn't get to do what he does for us by bombing from box to box an England shirt.  

We all know he isn't worth £150m....you do realise that teams put ridiculous valuations on players because they don't want to sell them? it's been known to happen...

29 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He has played well for England in the past though hasn't he? none of that is factually untrue. 

He was voted England's man of the match, not sure what game you were watching - he was very steady and broke up a lot of German attacks, the job Southgate asks him to do. Unfortunately he doesn't get to do what he does for us by bombing from box to box an England shirt.  

We all know he isn't worth £150m....you do realise that teams put ridiculous valuations on players because they don't want to sell them? it's been known to happen...

So has Phil Neville.

He was awful in both games - but yeah keep backing up your boy. He's not good enough imo and its not just him - we lack world class midfielders. 

You'd be lucky to get £50-60m - players like him are a dime a dozen. This is why Real Madrid chose Tchouameni and not Rice - nobody wants him even for £70-80m - they'd rather look elsewhere at a real superstar. 

Grealish was England's best player and he only played 20mins. 

What do you mean don't want to sell him? He'll go for free soon enough - you don't have a choice! 🤣

3 hours ago, Roux said:

So has Phil Neville.

He was awful in both games - but yeah keep backing up your boy. He's not good enough imo and its not just him - we lack world class midfielders. 

You'd be lucky to get £50-60m - players like him are a dime a dozen. This is why Real Madrid chose Tchouameni and not Rice - nobody wants him even for £70-80m - they'd rather look elsewhere at a real superstar. 

Grealish was England's best player and he only played 20mins. 

What do you mean don't want to sell him? He'll go for free soon enough - you don't have a choice! 🤣

Poor troll attempt, doesn't even dignify a proper response. 

You need to stop wanking over players from foreign leagues you've barely seen play just because you've read online that they're good. 

28 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Poor troll attempt, doesn't even dignify a proper response. 

You need to stop wanking over players from foreign leagues you've barely seen play just because you've read online that they're good. 

Yeah because Real Madrid were desperate to buy Delcan fucking Rice for 100 odd million. There's a bidding war for him! They probably don't even know who he is - just another overrated English player. 

These guys like Camavinga/Valvede are picking up Champions League medals and Rice is picking up 'England's MotM' awards 🤣  - a different level. 

Cant beat facts - this isn't a troll, and i might be wrong but i can't see any team paying £80m+ for him - he's not at that level, there's infinitely better players out there for half the price. 

He was doing some silly shit the last two games. 

5 hours ago, Roux said:

Yeah because Real Madrid were desperate to buy Delcan fucking Rice for 100 odd million. There's a bidding war for him! They probably don't even know who he is - just another overrated English player. 

These guys like Camavinga/Valvede are picking up Champions League medals and Rice is picking up 'England's MotM' awards 🤣  - a different level. 

Cant beat facts - this isn't a troll, and i might be wrong but i can't see any team paying £80m+ for him - he's not at that level, there's infinitely better players out there for half the price. 

He was doing some silly shit the last two games. 

I was just saying he was voted MotM for England, which was contrary to you singling him out for critiscm over all the other players. Wasn't acting like it was a trophy or anything...

He was one of the best midfielders in the best league in the world last season. That's not me being biased either, he has received universal praise for his season from so many people who know what they're talking about.

Camavinga was a bit part player in that Madrid team and Thcuhomani was playing in a really poor league. Sure they're both talented players but still have a lot to prove.

Rice will end up at one of the top Prem teams whether that be this summer or next. He'd be a great Fernandinho replacement.

10 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I was just saying he was voted MotM for England, which was contrary to you singling him out for critiscm over all the other players. Wasn't acting like it was a trophy or anything...

He was one of the best midfielders in the best league in the world last season. That's not me being biased either, he has received universal praise for his season from so many people who know what they're talking about.

Camavinga was a bit part player in that Madrid team and Thcuhomani was playing in a really poor league. Sure they're both talented players but still have a lot to prove.

Rice will end up at one of the top Prem teams whether that be this summer or next. He'd be a great Fernandinho replacement.

Fernandinho has gone - i don't see Pep banging at the door to sign Rice, or any other club for that matter - do you? They'll look at far better options or just wait until he's in the last year of his contract. Besides - Pep already has a replacement for Fernandinho - Rhodri. 

Camavinga has played in 40 games for Madrid - he's only 19yo. Tchouameni is the next big french superstar, he's been a monster for Monaco - he's just turned 22. They got both these players for a combined £90m. Only guy dumb enough to blow all that on Rice is Ed Woodward. 

France now have 3 of the best young DM's in world football - Camavinga, Guendouzi and Tchouameni. 

My point is if England's spine is Pickford - Maguire - Rice, we are fucked - it's no surprise to me that these 3 were dogshit vs Hungary and were all at fault for the Germany goal. People are already questioning Southgate on these kinda calls. While i think Rice had a good season for WH and has a place in this England team - i just don't see this incredible DM - players like him are a dime a dozen. 

Really good performance for Wales last night in a 1-1 draw against Belgium. Ramsey’s assist was world class and Brennan Johnson is a wonderful young player. We’ve got some good talent in this squad now, hopefully we can get Brooks back fit after the all clear for cancer. Crucial that the lads get first team football next season ready for the World Cup. I’m quietly confident of qualifying for the knock out rounds.

• Crab 1

These nation league games are a bit to much init. Teams are playing every 3 days ffs, the season has only just finished. Can tell teams don’t really give a fuck and the players just want to go on their summer hols. 

• Crab 1

27 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

These nation league games are a bit to much init. Teams are playing every 3 days ffs, the season has only just finished. Can tell teams don’t really give a fuck and the players just want to go on their summer hols. 

We'd be getting ready for the World Cup normally around about now 🥲

Also heard they are getting rid of throw-ins! 

Tuesday showed that England really need Rice screening that back four offering protection, massive drop off in quality in that area when he isn't in the side. Gets rested for one game and the whole team capitulates, anyone who thinks he isn't truly essential to this England team is a complete fool.

Can now see why Southgate gets him to operate in that way now rather than the role he plays for West Ham, he isn't really left with much of a choice. 

Transfer window is wrecking my head already. Everyone doing good business, even fucking Arsenal for the second summer in a row looks like they’re gonna be spending 150m+ and there’s United with a reported 120m to spend when we’re so far behind everyone and dragging out this De Jong deal. 

Even this Henderson loan is a fucking joke. 20m option, so if they have a shit season and go down they won’t take it up and if they have a good season and stay up then 20m is to cheap. I just can’t wrap my head around this football club. Utterly fucking clueless in everything we do. 

• Crab 1

On 6/16/2022 at 2:44 PM, Roux said:

Yep - keep telling yourself that. 

They've really been outstanding when he's been in the side too...

Overrated. 

Tuesday showed England need a world class GK - that was it. 

Southgate hasn't got a clue. 

I mean we conceded 2 goals in 3 games with him in the the side and 4 in a single game without him...key component in the defensive solidarity of that England side, it's simply undeniable whether you rate him or not.

We've got to a semi and a final under Southgate, he at least deserves this world cup. 

Players just need a break, these games were really not what was needed after some long/hard seasons.

11 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I mean we conceded 2 goals in 3 games with him in the the side and 4 in a single game without him...key component in the defensive solidarity of that England side, it's simply undeniable whether you rate him or not.

We've got to a semi and a final under Southgate, he at least deserves this world cup. 

Players just need a break, these games were really not what was needed after some long/hard seasons.

But you realise it was a drastically different team Southgate put out in the 4-0 game right? You act like we are some immense team with him in the side - we were just as shit with him in the side... 

No midfield control whatsoever vs teams we should be doing much better against. 

If Kane get injured we are absolutely fucked - that is undeniable, Rice could be replaced quite easily.