The Official Football Topic

Cuth

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Mate, Sky were constantly highlighting his great runs, but City players couldn't see them (same as the United game).

It's not on him at all. 

Not in the same league as Kane though is he. He just a finisher. As a footballer he’s a bit meh

26 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Not in the same league as Kane though is he. He just a finisher. As a footballer he’s a bit meh

Well you’re comparing a player who’s played 14 seasons on the Premier League vs a kid who’s played half a season. 

as a player, he’s one of the best in the world - he’s made this league look easy at times.

sounds like a troll to be honest. 

Just now, Roux said:

Well you’re comparing a player who’s played 14 seasons on the Premier League vs a kid who’s played half a season. 

as a player, he’s one of the best in the world - he’s made this league look easy at times.

Not a troll ffs. Kane is a far better footballer than Haland. Haland at City is the same as Ronaldo at United. Yes he scoring goals but the team is worse off. He doesn’t suit city at all. Like I said above he should have chosen united. 

11 hours ago, Scott. said:

Not a troll ffs. Kane is a far better footballer than Haland. Haland at City is the same as Ronaldo at United. Yes he scoring goals but the team is worse off. He doesn’t suit city at all. Like I said above he should have chosen united. 

Kane was playing in the Championship at around the age Haarland is now.

Again, not really sure how you point the blame at Haarland- your own video of Carragher puts the blame on Pep and the team. 

To sell Cancello, drop KDB - two of your best players and not point the finger at Pep is a bit weird to me. Just like Ronaldo, pick on the only player who has done his job is illogical.

I agree with Souness - others players need to step up - particulary the wide players who cost a fortune.

United had the exact same problem with Van Persie - until Fergie told every player to start looking for his runs more.

16 hours ago, Roux said:

Lashing out? stop being a baby - i was replying to Scott's comment. We're not allowed to discuss your team then is it? 

No substance? He's been one of most creative players this season - he pulled off a few tricks yesterday that created space for other players. He's done more in half a season than Sancho's entire United career. You expect a 22yo in his debut season to carry us against the best team in the league? What about Bruno or Eriksen? Nobody expects him to be Messi except you. 

It was a nothing incident that should either had both players sent off for raising hands or just carry on with the game. 

Just looks like an absolute show pony to me, 21 games, 3 goals, 0 assists - I'm not a stat merchant by any means but you have to have better numbers than that for an attacking winger/forward playing for a team who is third in the PL. All style, no substance. Looks like he has been found out already, he is like an Aldi Arjen Robben - at least when Robben cut inside every time he got the ball he had the pace to beat a man and the ability to have an end product on the shot/cross. 

I could be proven wrong but my hunch is usually pretty good on these things. 

12 hours ago, Roux said:

Kane started playing in the Prem when he was 14/15, that's impressive!

I don't think anyone is disputing that Haaland isn't one of the very best in the world. 

12 hours ago, Scott. said:

100% agree with this, sometimes a player isn't quite right for the team he is playing for despite being a great player. 

Haaland is a bit of a flat track bully, he fills his boots against the lesser teams but less so against the better teams. City have lost a lot of games against the better teams in the league this season (and the ones they have won are low scoring with no real input from Haaland) 

It's all well and good to fill your boots against the teams towards the bottom but City have become a lot more predictable with him as a focal point and the better teams seem to have worked out a way to beat them and completely keep him out of the game a lot of the time. 

It's difficult to get the other 10 players to start playing a completely different attacking game just because one player has come in and wants the ball early all the time. City have won a hell of a lot with a fluid and interchanging attacking frontline, to rip that up and to start again just for Haaland is difficult. 

12 hours ago, Roux said:

Kane was playing in the Championship at around the age Haarland is now.

Again, not really sure how you point the blame at Haarland- your own video of Carragher puts the blame on Pep and the team. 

To sell Cancello, drop KDB - two of your best players and not point the finger at Pep is a bit weird to me. Just like Ronaldo, pick on the only player who has done his job is illogical.

I agree with Souness - others players need to step up - particulary the wide players who cost a fortune.

United had the exact same problem with Van Persie - until Fergie told every player to start looking for his runs more.

The same Souness who thought he was hilarious because he'd figured out what the phrase 'breaking the lines' meant yesterday.

Bloke is a dinosaur, Carragher is so much more knowledgeable about the modern game than that silly old tosser. 

I do agree that Pep appears to be a factor though, some strange decisions at the moment and it doesn't appear to be an overly happy dressing room. 

1 hour ago, Low Value Boy said:

Just looks like an absolute show pony to me, 21 games, 3 goals, 0 assists - I'm not a stat merchant by any means but you have to have better numbers than that for an attacking winger/forward playing for a team who is third in the PL. All style, no substance. Looks like he has been found out already, he is like an Aldi Arjen Robben - at least when Robben cut inside every time he got the ball he had the pace to beat a man and the ability to have an end product on the shot/cross. 

I could be proven wrong but my hunch is usually pretty good on these things. 

Kane started playing in the Prem when he was 14/15, that's impressive!

I don't think anyone is disputing that Haaland isn't one of the very best in the world. 

100% agree with this, sometimes a player isn't quite right for the team he is playing for despite being a great player. 

Haaland is a bit of a flat track bully, he fills his boots against the lesser teams but less so against the better teams. City have lost a lot of games against the better teams in the league this season (and the ones they have won are low scoring with no real input from Haaland) 

It's all well and good to fill your boots against the teams towards the bottom but City have become a lot more predictable with him as a focal point and the better teams seem to have worked out a way to beat them and completely keep him out of the game a lot of the time. 

It's difficult to get the other 10 players to start playing a completely different attacking game just because one player has come in and wants the ball early all the time. City have won a hell of a lot with a fluid and interchanging attacking frontline, to rip that up and to start again just for Haaland is difficult. 

The same Souness who thought he was hilarious because he'd figured out what the phrase 'breaking the lines' meant yesterday.

Bloke is a dinosaur, Carragher is so much more knowledgeable about the modern game than that silly old tosser. 

I do agree that Pep appears to be a factor though, some strange decisions at the moment and it doesn't appear to be an overly happy dressing room. 

13 seasons in the Premier League. Yes that is impressive, especially comparing it to a kid who's been there 6 months...

There's more to football than just goals or assists - of course they are important, but Antony fits in to this system perfectly. 

Haarland isn't a flat-track bully at all haha - the guy can actually play, he's very similar to Kane. People think because he's 6 foot 5 he just a typical big target man. 

Better teams? Lets see:

Man Utd 3 goals

Spurs 1 goal

Liverpool 1 goal

Brighton 2 goals,

Fulham 1 goal

Newcastle 1 goal

Those are goals against the top ten teams in the division!!!

i fuckkng knew it. Brown envelopes under the table, said it for years. Why else would world class footballers and pep stay there for so long? Imagine spending your career at Manchester City ffs 😂 Kevin De Bruyne should be a Real Madrid legend or something but he’s along side club legends like Shaun Goater and Dickov the tin pot cunts. 

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Scott. said:

i fuckkng knew it. Brown envelopes under the table, said it for years. Why else would world class footballers and pep stay there for so long? Imagine spending your career at Manchester City ffs 😂 Kevin De Bruyne should be a Real Madrid legend or something but he’s along side club legends like Shaun Goater and Dickov the tin pot cunts. 

wonderful - throw the book at the fuckers.

They can’t surely get away with it this time. Apparently it could take years but if it means they get heavily punished it’ll be worth the wait. Hopefully the HMRC get involved too. I hope the cunts rot. 

Have a feeling Pep could walk in the summer 

28 minutes ago, Roux said:

Ronaldo's fault.

The bloke can't hit a fucking barn door in Saudi Arabia. Strange thing to say, still much better without him.

Looked better when Weghorst came off, far more fluid.

Fred is abysmal.

Garnacho is a diving little shitbag. Hopefully somebody has a word for him to stamp it put his game but not likely with Fernandes in the dressing room!

9 hours ago, Low Value Boy said:

The bloke can't hit a fucking barn door in Saudi Arabia. Strange thing to say, still much better without him.

Looked better when Weghorst came off, far more fluid.

Fred is abysmal.

Garnacho is a diving little shitbag. Hopefully somebody has a word for him to stamp it put his game but not likely with Fernandes in the dressing room!

At least you got to watch two teams with some fight this season for once :)

Loved the comeback - so happy for Sancho. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

At least you got to watch two teams with some fight this season for once :)

Loved the comeback - so happy for Sancho. 

It was a very good game, enjoyed it. 

Calling us shit really isn't the flex you think it is, I'm fully aware how bad we've been this season - it's not news to me, I've watched every game. 

30 minutes ago, Low Value Boy said:

It was a very good game, enjoyed it. 

Calling us shit really isn't the flex you think it is, I'm fully aware how bad we've been this season - it's not news to me, I've watched every game. 

as usual - you can give it, but can never take it. 

you love a dig. 

25 minutes ago, Roux said:

as usual - you can give it, but can never take it. 

you love a dig. 

I've agreed with your point of view, I don't think I could take it any better? it's not like I came back with a ridiculous argument to try and say that we've actually been good this season. 

I don't think anything I said above was a dig. 

Fred is abysmal and Garnacho seems to have an issue with diving/playacting.