The Official Football Topic

Cuth

17 minutes ago, Low Value Boy said:

I missed the days where clubs were owned by the local fella who had a set of relatively successful car dealerships. 

I'm all good with foreign investment but the growing state ownership by countries with questionable values is not good. 

I'm not sure what I'd do if it happened to West Ham, I think you just try to have to disconnect from the football and the off the pitch stuff. Not always that easy though. 

The last 12 months have felt good as a fan - far more dialog and connection with the fans than the Glazers ever allowed since they arrived. Why owners, business people never do this in the first place is just dumb. I see Sky jumping on board with the communities and The Overlap stuff which i really like. 

I don't really blame the foreign owners, its a goldmine for them - the football bodies have allowed this to happen. They can only blame themselves. I think they are partly responsible for what is going on at City. 

I can only see the German blueprint where fans own a percentage of the club saving football really. Never going to happen in the Premier League now - everyone is making bank. 

The World Cup left a really poor taste in my mouth. 

Arsenal completely bullied tonight and City pulling out all the tricks in the book an experienced side will do. Arsenal playing them at the wrong time, 1 point in 9. A shadow of the side that beat United a month ago. They were incredible that day and a fucking shambles tonight 

I thought Arsenal played alright they just played a better all-round team who punished their mistakes. 

Still a long way to go, but we have a small outsiders chance! 

I was listening to some Sky show yesterday and one fan said the 3 teams that are struggling this season Chelsea, West Ham and Liverpool all played the most amount of games last season. Think City might have been in there too. 

Burn out for United is a real possibility next season playing every 3 days + the World Cup. 

2 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Antony took his goal well, was really wasteful though. Fred a disaster first half but incredible second half but that’s what Fred does. I can’t work him out. 

don't understand this take - Fred was keeping us together first half, winning countless balls and setting off attacks. The standout player over the 2 legs.  

Antony changed the game - like i said before - he can cause soo much damage on the right side and he works his arse off. Far better than anonymous Sancho. 

Phew. Vintage United that was, came alive after their goal and were relentless. 

Antony is wank though isn’t he. Il give him till next season but other than a decent left foot I don’t see what he does well.