The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Not even close? fucking idiot  :lol: Scholes did everything Xavi did in a harder league and scored about 12-20 goals a season in his prime, while Xavi chips in with 3 or 4 a season. Scholes in his prime was fantastic, Zidane and Henry and everyone else are wrong are they?? Xavi obviously better atm, scholes is 36 fuck sakes, short memories.

Xavi club honours 16.

Scholes 24.

Anyway, Swansea are up  :-) incredible game and my heart was a fucking shambles, 3-0 half time then back to 3-2 then 4-2, thank fuck for that, brilliant stuff.

didnt even xavi say scholes was the best or something like that? still think xavi is better IMO, but im a barca fan  :-D

and so glad they're up. gonna be awesome watching them in the Premier League, hope they can stay up.

I wouldn't say they don't come close, but not as good, for sure. Best of all time for me though was ronaldinho those few years he was good... Simply unplayable. Though he didnt keep it up as zidane and schools did.

Yeah, we nearly signed Ronaldinho, but Barca came in last minute  :-(

I can't tell you guys how happy I am for Swansea to go up, Nearly out of business 9 years ago, had to win the last game of the season to basically stay in business and they Beat Hull 4-2, club was sold for a fucking pound, 1 fucking pound and now in the Prem, amazing, so happy for my little brother, he's Swansea through and through even though he's been brought up with United with me, fair play to him, and also FUCK OFF CARDIFF YOU CUNTS.

On the other hand, easy 6 points for United next season  :evil:  :lol:

I wouldn't say they don't come close, but not as good, for sure. Best of all time for me though was ronaldinho those few years he was good... Simply unplayable. Though he didnt keep it up as zidane and schools did.

he was great, but Scholes and Zidane are on another level - maybe Scholes doesn't get the credit he deserves because he doesnt seek the media or look flash - but all his fellow professionals say he was the best, including Zidane. He had a good 10 years of being the most influential player in any team.

Xavi is very very close to that level tho!

‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything.

‘He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.’

-Xavi

Scholes and Zidane were the two best midfielders in the past 20 years or so. Gerrard, Xavi etc dont even come close.

haha gerrard is and was a better player than paul scholes! compareing scholes and zidane wtf? seriously scholes cant even tackle ffs

This says it all really:

"My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation" – Zinedine Zidane

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/22/paul-scholes-tributes-600-games-manchester-united

In my opinion Xavi is up there with the greatest midfielders, whoever they are (Zidane, Scholes, etc). He's probably the most influential midfielder ever: He basically started a new style that lead Barça to win everything (3 Champions League, 6 Ligas, etc etc) and Spain to win a Eurocup and a World Cup. Both teams revolve around him.

Great players have come and gone from Barcelona (Ronaldinho, Etoo, Henry, etc) but the style hasnt changed, and as long as Xavi plays it wont!

scholes has played with world class players throughout his career, im not saying hes not a good player i just think gerrard is a better player his all round game is better. yer he hasnt won as much but that doesnt make him a lesser player. anyone that isnt a man united fan would probably agree. tell me why he quit international football? it wasnt because he was getting left out as gerrard/lampard was getting the nod ahead of him?

Gerrard  :lol: you my friend are talking fucking shit, no offence but you're a bit of a div. Gerrard  :lol:

I'm a bit pissed right now, so I apologise if I offend anyone  :lol: Gerrard  :lol: fuck me.

Scholes is fucking amazing at his prime, omg what a player, what a man, never ever been in the papers, him and Xavi are similar and I applaud the both of them, fantastic professionals. Xavi is the Spanish Scholes.