The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I guess people in England can't watch it on youtube, just found that out. Were you talking about when Chile shot that screamer that hit that bar?

Uruguay just scored, Suarez gets a crucial assist. I will keep saying it, I'm so glad we bought him.

Raul Merieles is not going on pre season tour to Asia, It's looking like he's going to leave.

Graham Hunter

Towards the end of the season, during late April and most of May, I spent a lot of time talking to players and technical staff at Manchester United in preparation for the big final against Barca.

What I found was that Ronaldo was in regular contact with three of them and also with others around the Carrington training ground I don't know.

Ronaldo was often on the phone, or would text, in order to get off his chest how frustrating a club he has found Madrid in comparison to United.

The in-fighting at the Bernabeu, the outrageously partisan media in Spain, the enormous and confusing chain of command at Madrid, the lack of major trophies, the defensive, counter-attack mentality that his coach José´ Mourinho used against Barcelona in the Champions league semi-final. Ronaldo would even phone up the United kitman Albert Morgan for a natter.

In summary, he kept telling his former club mates that his ''grass-might-be-greener'' dream of playing for Real Madrid is a disappointment.

He finds Madrid less well run corporately than United, he feels far more exposed to media dog-fights than he did in England (''is he happy?'', ''should he pass more?'', ''has Ronaldo had a bust-up with Iker Casillas?'') and above all, he misses the 100 per cent authority that his old boss and, let's face it, friend Sir Alex commands at United.

Several of the people who noted to me that Ronaldo was ''homesick'' for Old Trafford added that he would often use the phrase ''if it wasn't for the horrible weather over there then I'd actually consider …''

Come home Ronnie  :-(

United battered barca in the first tens mins of the champ final....we got in their faces and didn't let them play there game........and then we started to watch them pass it around and got battered........imo chelsea are the only team strong enough to beat barca.....they're fucking beasts

"How will we overcome it (loss of paul scholes)? Maybe the next few weeks will help us overcome it. Maybe somebody will emerge out of the youth team or one of the young players emerge, and then we carry on."

This quote from fergie to me says......"we're about to fucking smash the united tranfer record to get sneijder"

He can't seriously think he has a paul scholes in the youth team....we'd know about him by now.....he's playing it quiet

As for nasri.....i bet hes gone to chelsea.....especially now essien is fuckked