The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Yeah Fergie said the same thing about De Gea a few months ago, now he's a United player. Something big is about to go down and it could be Sneijder...

Sir Alex admitted #mufc "would have to do something" in transfer window if he's to land someone with similar passing and vision to Scholes.

For those asking, Sir Alex was asked about Nasri and Sneijder in one question during the press conf and only really addressed Nasri.

-Man Utd's journo's twitter

I think Sneijder will sign for us.

Phil McNulty

Just been refused permission to talk to Wesley Sneijder's agent as "he is very, very busy." What he could be doing? #conspiracy theory #fb

Pat Crerand

First game is 13th July in Boston so make sure you tune in on MUTV for that one and we might just see one more signing to really light up the new squad, let’s see what happens over the next few days.

Teasing bastards.

Inter think he can't play in a two man midfield though, I'm not sure what formation Fergie is going to play next season, will be interesting.

I don't get why we don't sign players early, we could of bought that Sanchez for about 8m couple seasons ago now he's worth over 30m, just sign them young for fuck sakes.

De gea

Rafael.    Rio.          Vidic.     Evra.

Carrick

Young.                             Nani

Sneijder.    

Rooney         Chica

Id like to see this.....apart from a replacement for carrick would be better (2008 owen hargreaves maybe :))

As much as i hope for a big signing i don't see it happening.....well get n'zogbia or summin ha ha

Looks like there is no chance of united getting sneijder.....director of inter has said he will not hear any offers

Running out of options imo.....i reckon united could get kaka for £35m .....watched a video of him at the world cup and he played great there.......

Nasri is defo not coming and sneijder wont be either

I'd still have Valencia over Young any day of the week, Tony is a beast on the flank.

i'll give young a chance first.......if young can assist like valencia he'll pretty much keep him out because of his capability to score goals aswell

the sun are absolutely adamant that united have all but signed sniejder last night.......however most other outlets are saying inter will not sell

i'm quite confused about the whole thing.......why would inter come and say they will not sell him for them the next day sell him.......its never simple this transfer shit

Just reading through some comments on the mirror site......a liverpool fan said "ha ha £35m for sneijder...united actually think he's worth 4 times more than charlie adam".........you paid £35 million for carrol you fucking mongaloid

Some of the united fans comments are also so cringeworthy......i honest think some people are so delusional they shouldn't be allowed to be football fans

Yeah but is there any proof? I've heard so much bullshit come out of twitter, I love and hate transfer window, it's such a fucking soap opera.

If we do sign Wesley, I'd rather Nasri stay with Arsenal this year then sign him on a free  :-D if it's between us and City, obviously they'll offer him more wages but if he has any brains he chooses United.

Anyway, I cannot fucking wait for the new season, and the Euro's next year  :-) I actually hope England do well.

Sounds very promising so far, lots of journo's confiming Gill is in milan:

RobDawsonMEN Rob Dawson

Had it confirmed that David Gill is in Milan. Deal for Sneijder edging closer #MUFC

@JamesRobsonMEN James Robson

Gill in Milan. #MUFC will break club transfer record to make sneijder deal happen, but personal terms must yet be agreed

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

Reports that Man Utd chief David Gill has flown to Milan to continue dialogue over a potential dial for Wesley Sneijder #mufc

Obviously nothing is set in stone, but it would be hard to not notice someone like Gill in Milan, much like De Gea having his medical at United.

macheda twitter apparently said "Time to sleep before training...hope to see wesley snejeder [sic] here soon!â€

then he said am i not supposed to say that and then the tweets were removed....hotting up now

this could be the tipping point that ends up fergie banning his players from twitter

Well fuck my ass, whatever though. In Kenny I trust.  I refuse to write off Dalglish, he's the last manager we won the league with and I think if he can lead Blackburn into an EPL title he should have no problem with us.

Seems like the aim is just to get back into the Champions League and then we'll be back to attracting big names.