The Official Football Topic

Cuth

It's picking up though Ali, I was reading something the other night that was saying more people in America are watching the MLS beat out the NHL in the number 4 spot for attendance in America.

That also could be taking into account areas where we don't have hockey or we do and it's not big. I really wish hockey were bigger here. But it definitely could be picking up. It's just hard to picture having the attention span for it when you're used to things like American football. If anything, younger generations will be the ones to make it more popular for men.

If Americans took football serious, it's only a matter of time before they can challenge for world cups imo, so many people in that country, I'm pretty sure they could find an amazing 11 talented football players. Americans are good at everything, their football team NOW is pretty decent.

If Americans took football serious, it's only a matter of time before they can challenge for world cups imo, so many people in that country, I'm pretty sure they could find an amazing 11 talented football players. Americans are good at everything, their football team NOW is pretty decent.

I've been saying this for ages now. I truely believe that one day America will rule football (World Cups, world class players etc) because sport is just such a higer level over their! They train their kids to become Olympic champoins from young ages and here is England we still have the sack race  :x

I've been saying this for ages now. I truely believe that one day America will rule football (World Cups, world class players etc) because sport is just such a higer level over their! They train their kids to become Olympic champoins from young ages and here is England we still have the sack race  :x

kid in the uk are too privileged.....the facilities are unreal in the uk but nobody uses them......like you think these young brazilian kids have state of the art football facilities....they play with what they have

the government invested million in getting kids playing tennis but the only time the facilities are used are around wimbledon......kids wanna sit in now and play on their computers and piss about on facebook

school should push sport a lot more......there i no point forcing kids to run cross country when you may have the next wayne rooney or roger federer on your hands.......when i was in school we didn't even do tennis till year 10 and we did it for a term, its pathetic

we had a lad in out year who beat the under 16 record for 100m for the north of england, he was in the paper the lot and instead of pushing his talent he was doin ice skating for PE for the next year...it was a fucking joke

I bet kids in USA and Australia etc are just trained to be champions, while in this fucking country kids are throwing eggs and peoples windows, and binge drinking or off their tits on drugs. Shit needs to change. Need to put the 'Great' back into Great Britain.

Ga, we never had Tennis in my school, all we played was Football, Rugby oh and Basketball. fucking work that one out, Basketball in Wales. umm what? for a start you have to be about 8ft to play it and it's fucking shite. Never went swimming or anything like that.

I had trials for Swansea City football school of excellence when I was about 12, School never took me the cunts. I could be tearing shit up now in the Prem  :lol:

ha ha exactly for all we know you could have been a great footballer but instead you're on a blink 182 message board posting gif of guys getting bummed  :-D

its it pathetic.....i remember me and three other lads being asked to play rugby for stockton (local team)....took us out of class to meet the team coach and then nothing came of it.....bollocks

instead i was throwing eggs at teachers houses...drinking white lightning and smashing up the local derelict college and setting it on fire

Yeah seriously, I got arrested for pissing down a slide in the local park, boredom. Jumping through people's hedges, another good one was using fishing line, put a peg on the end of it and clip it onto people's letterbox then go hide behind their wall or summin and pull the gut so the letterbox made a noise and watch them be all confused when opening the door  :lol: another good one was going up to people's windows and changing the channel on their sky with a spare remote, such a good laugh.

I used to drink this bad boy in the local bus stop

148748_1_ID_Shot_600_600_6.jpg

:lol:

2 things fucked this country up, suing culture and the economic state.

You can't have a kick about in the streets anymore because if you break something - you get sued instead of having yer dad come over to say sorry and foot the bill.

Going to the cinema/football/gym etc is practically rape of your wallet.

Sports/Physical Education isn't pushed any more because you'll get sued for overworking your students -witnessed this first had in my high school. What a joke.

I teach in a college, which received a grade 1 (Outstanding) in the last inspection and now the Government has made us cut 60 members of staff in June 2011 to save costs, so much for being 'Outstanding'. One of the girls i teach has been told to pay £6000 pounds to complete her 2nd year just because she is turning 20 over the next few months and the Government won't fund her - so she has no option but to decline the 2nd year offer and try get a job (which she won't in the industry because she is under-qualified), but they can give a Somali family a 5 bedroom house + benefits for each child they have. Makes you sick to your stomach.

i'm soo poor i can't afford sky sports sooo here is my question for my american friends

are premier league games played on normal tv in american.......like last season i watched most games on streaming sites and i fucking hated it........so my plan is to watch them using the IP thing that i did for listening to kroq when UAN was played

basically my question is are there website in america where you can watch a high quality football games on the internet.....kinda like BBC Iplayer but in america?

ESPN used to play the odd big fixture and Champions League matches (Arsenal, Man U, City, Liverpool), after the world cup though they started to play a certain fixture in the morning on the weekends.

Our Sky Sports equivalent is the Fox Soccer Channel they play EPL and Serie A, and you have to order that in a package that comes with Gol Tv (which plays La Ligua, and occasional Bundesliga match.

Also, Jonah is one already and I've already got him started. I bought him a ball and now that he's walking and running we have kick abouts. He's got a pretty good dribble and pass for being a toddler though. He'll be the first American Liverpool legend haha.