The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I know Ga. I'd rather let Welbeck and others come through too, I've always wanted a few midfielders to be singed but now I'm not so sure, rather see Phil Jones given a shot there and leave Cleverley there too.

Still need a proper, established, CM.  With all the injuries that have been going around the past couple years players like Cleverley and Jones will definitely get their shots, but if this season has shown anything it's that the team is just not good enough and far too dependant on old men like Giggsy and Scholes.

Exactly, no value in the market though according to Fergie lol

I understand his point somewhat, I mean 40 mil for Pastore is definitely inflated.  But there are players to be had if you look hard enough, and seeing him spend money wastefully on certain players makes it extra difficult.

Basically Bebe and Obertan or Sahin.

I still prefer the Hernandez/Rooney partnership then Van Persie fitting in. If those two can click like they did last season and stop getting injured then they are one of the deadliest pair in the world. I think we missed out on a gem in Xherdan Shaqiri, cost next to nothing for a player of his quality. Swiss players have really improved technically over the last few years. Id really like Gotze, he could play anywhere for United.

RIP Duncan Edwards

Duncan_Edwards_300.jpg

"Duncan Edwards is the one person who, even today, I really felt inferior to. I've never know anybody so gifted and strong and powerful with the presence that he had."

- Sir Bobby Charlton

"When I used to hear Muhammed Ali proclaim to the world he was the greatest I used to smile. You see, the greatest of them all was an English footballer named Duncan Edwards."

- Jimmy Murphy

"You can keep all your Bests, Peles and Maradonas, Duncan Edwards was the greatest of them all."

- Tommy Docherty

"I wasn't fit to tie his shoe laces."

- Sir Bobby Charlton

"He was the greatest player I ever seen."

- Terry Venables

:-(