The Official Football Topic

Cuth

How was the squad worse then?  The 2005 squad was:

Rooney    VanNistelrooy

Giggs  Keane    Scholes    Ronaldo

Evra    Vidic      Ferdinand  Neville

VDS

With Rossi, Forlan, Pique, Solksjaer, Tim Howard, Saha all as subs.

2003 - 2005 was aweful

Rooney    VanNistelrooy

VDS

It's clear you didn't watch Man United during that period, Roux did clearly, he knows. It was the rebuilding period before Fergie built the 08 CL winning team.

You have a Keane that is past it. Ronaldo was so raw, Rossi was weak, Forlan was shit, Vidic wasn't even there, Evra wasn't, Piqué wasn't either. There were the likes of Quinton Fortune and Bellion instead.

Rooney    VanNistelrooy

VDS

It's clear you didn't watch Man United during that period, Roux did clearly, he knows. It was the rebuilding period before Fergie built the 08 CL winning team.

You have a Keane that is past it. Ronaldo was so raw, Rossi was weak, Forlan was shit, Vidic wasn't even there, Evra wasn't, Piqué wasn't either. There were the likes of Quinton Fortune and Bellion instead.

Spot on, to add to that Giggs was being hounded by United fans for being finished, Tim Howard was inconsistant (but did ok). Heinze was a liability. Keane and Scholes hardly played together. Vidic and Evra were shockingly bad.

I've been watching United since 2002, and while they were poor in those years I think you're underestimating how bad the team is currently, and how bad everyone was back then.  I'm just saying that at least back then they had the players, even if they didn't put it together they at least had the people to field a good team.  Now the team is pure shit and just barely getting results, it's the complete opposite now.

I've been watching United since 2002, and while they were poor in those years I think you're underestimating how bad the team is currently, and how bad everyone was back then.  I'm just saying that at least back then they had the players, even if they didn't put it together they at least had the people to field a good team.  Now the team is pure shit and just barely getting results, it's the complete opposite now.

Well considering a load of the players you listed didn't even play during this period I'll assume that you didn't pay too much attention.

The league has much much better teams in it now and you're top of the league as opposed to third. You're better now than you were then. I very much doubt Canada had the best coverage of football back then so easy to see how you got it wrong.