buzzing

lmnop

i had my guitar fitten with new pickups a few months ago and given a set up but i never played it much til now so i never noticed how terrible the buzzing i get from it. i dont know if buzz is the right word but its where the strings are too close and some frets are dead because the string touched another fret its not supposed to further down. well my D and G string are fucked from the open note to the 5th or so fret. i've tried messing a bit with the bridge (its a gibson explorer stop tailpiece) and with the little intonation screws but nothing is working. got any tips?

i had my guitar fitten with new pickups a few months ago and given a set up but i never played it much til now so i never noticed how terrible the buzzing i get from it. i dont know if buzz is the right word but its where the strings are too close and some frets are dead because the string touched another fret its not supposed to further down. well my D and G string are fucked from the open note to the 5th or so fret. i've tried messing a bit with the bridge (its a gibson explorer stop tailpiece) and with the little intonation screws but nothing is working. got any tips?

Take it to your local luthier. Or feel free to list every string/fret the buzzing occurs at and I can walk you through the possibilites/solutions.

After enough time, string changes, various gauge changes, and general playing, the tension that is both pulling the neck forward combined with the pressure you put on it from playing it will change the relief of the neck.

It's not a loss, just something that needs to be adjusted for. If the relief needs to be changed, you can change it. Adjust the truss til the shape of the neck is dead flat or slightly bowed forward for a little relief (depends on what you intend to use the guitar for, those two options are common choices for neck shape/bow). This wont hurt the neck even though you're bending the wood, the truss was installed on a flat or slightly relieved neck, so taking it back to that point wont harm it as it's already moved the same amount away from that point to get where it is now.

Once there, get a square or anything you know that has a long 'true' flat edge, and make sure the frets are level. If not, buy a flat file of around 6" and even them out (when the cricket chirp stops during filing, they're level). Some people like to round them, I think rounded tops are just asking for trouble with more buzzing, I prefer points. The strings dropoff point under the fret is more with points rather than a perfect radius.