What are you playing?

Meltdown Tracker

I loved Batman: AA and I've been gaming my whole life.

It nails the combat system with intuitive controls, has a great camera IMO, and allows gamers to approach different situations in plenty of different ways using the different gadgets.

The storyline is great, the voice actors are some of the best in any video game (Mark Hamill as the Joker is brilliant), and the graphics look fantastic.  The boss fights were also really memorable; Scarecrow was a blast.

I totally loved the stealth parts, where you had to kill them silently.  I thought that was great.  I hated Scarecrow, it freaked me out, haha.

there is absolutely nothing bad to say about arkham asylum. scarecrow parts of the game were awesome. little spoiler ahead but not really, but just in case nobody has played yet

when walking through the mansion and the mansion starts turing into the city alleyway where bruces parents were shot. and then you actually turn into younger bruce. and again later in the game where things are reversed and instead of batman bringing joker into the asylum the joker is bring batman into the asylum, all locked up and stuff and its a total different point of view. just awesome stuff i think

Definitely, those were my favourite parts of the game.

I honestly thought my Xbox was busted and reset itself when it did the reverse of the opening cut scene.  Brilliant work.

Haha.  I did the same thing, I was so pissed for a second.  I loved when you turned into little Bruce and then the Joker was bringing you in.  Just great.  And I just beat the game last night.  I cant wait for the next one.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got MX vs ATV Reflex in the mail today.  But the mail came right as I was leaving for work.  I have never played one of these games but I saw a video of it and thought it looked awesome, so I decided I would rent it.  As anyone played this or any of the other games in the series?  And how are they?

Batman was incredible. The only game so far this year that tops it is probably Uncharted 2.

Playing Left 4 Dead 2 over and over and over. And loving it.

Hopefully ill be playing NSMB Wii like you guys soon.

i wish left for dead 2 was for ps3

So do I. I hate that in order to be able to play online in split screen, the people that I play with have to sign in as a guest, meaning no achievements for them. Unless, of course, I feel like paying for an extra Live account every year, for someone who lives in my house and always uses the same console and the same games. Kind of makes the whole achievement thing worthless as a personal metric since Live subscriptions force it to be a family thing.

Wouldn't be a problem on PS3.

But oh yeah I forgot for a minute that Valve is one of those incredibly lazy developers that released a below-par PS3 port (Orange Box in this case) and then whined, "Were not going to make any more PS3 ports because it's just too hard to figure out."

honestly, I'll never understand what the big deal of achievements are, I mean I just play games to have fun/experience a cool story, if there are things within the game to earn (extra modes, etc) by collecting hidden packages or whatever, I'd do that too (if its a really fun game), but achievements seem so pointless to me, just like something to show your friend and be like, I've played this game this much, and I guess thats supposed to make them jealous or something.

Well, since so many games charge money for unlockables that used to be free (skins, maps, weapons, characters, chapters, modes, etc.), sometimes one of the only ways you can enjoyably extend the playtime of the game you dropped $60 on without spending any more money, is to chase achievements.

I don't show off my achievements or ever even talk about them with anyone really. Only maybe 60-70% of the achievements on my gamer card are even mine. Sometimes, it's just a reason for me to keep playing a game that I might not otherwise.

i started up ocarina of time again. beat the deku tree in like 15 min lol played some Cod 4. and went 31 and 2 with just the barrett on crash (always one of my favorite maps) i'm really surprised though that there were only about 9000 players active on cod 4. they had a lot of hardcore followers during waw but i guess mw2 was enough to switch them over

i started up ocarina of time again. beat the deku tree in like 15 min lol played some Cod 4. and went 31 and 2 with just the barrett on crash (always one of my favorite maps) i'm really surprised though that there were only about 9000 players active on cod 4. they had a lot of hardcore followers during waw but i guess mw2 was enough to switch them over

Crash is the map with the crashed helicopter in the middle of the small town?

And I think more of the CoD4 fanbase will have moved to MW2 after Christmas.

Ocarina of Time is a sick sick game.  I just replayed Link to the Past a few weeks ago, probably my favourite Zelda game just above OoT.  Still need to play Twilight Princess though.

Ocarina of Time is a sick sick game.  I just replayed Link to the Past a few weeks ago, probably my favourite Zelda game just above OoT.  Still need to play Twilight Princess though.

twilight princess is a great game. seriously amazing. i think my favorite zelda is links awakening the first gameboy zelda followed by link to the past. but so many of the others are definitely great

twilight princess is a great game. seriously amazing. i think my favorite zelda is links awakening the first gameboy zelda followed by link to the past. but so many of the others are definitely great

I just couldn't get into Twilight Princess.  I played the first dungeon and some of the wolf segments a couple years ago on my Wii, but then I just kind of gave up.  I'll probably go back to it soon enough.

Links Awakening was awesome too.  I had fond memories of skipping school and playing that game at recess with my friend, I remember that huge crow boss.

The most underrated Zelda game has to be Majora's Mask though, it was pretty cool with all the masks and the darker tone to the franchise.  I think it was also the first time Zelda had side-quests.

Assassins Creed 1 - Played it last year when I got my PS3 but got bored and returned it. My girlfriend is getting me AC2 for xmas and I found this for cheap so I bought it. I like it alot more. it's a very fun game.

I found this game very boring and repetitive for the first few hours of playing it.

Then I realized how the experience is totally up to the gamer.  You could easily just kill everything and go through everything as fast as possible, but if you find everything out about an assasination (doing all 6 of the research spots rather than just 3), you can approach the situation with much more knowledge and thus have a more stealth and elegant kill.

At first it felt like I was playing the game how Ubisoft wanted, but now it seems like it's totally up to the individual to create an enjoyable experience. 

I just couldn't get into Twilight Princess.  I played the first dungeon and some of the wolf segments a couple years ago on my Wii, but then I just kind of gave up.  I'll probably go back to it soon enough.

Links Awakening was awesome too.  I had fond memories of skipping school and playing that game at recess with my friend, I remember that huge crow boss.

The most underrated Zelda game has to be Majora's Mask though, it was pretty cool with all the masks and the darker tone to the franchise.  I think it was also the first time Zelda had side-quests.

twilight princess i think is way better on the gamecube. especially because the wii version is mirrored.

Majora's Mask was a really great game. One thing that made the game more fun and longer was collecting all the masks to get the fierce deity mask, which made the battle with majora's incarnation so easy

Majora's Mask was a really great game. One thing that made the game more fun and longer was collecting all the masks to get the fierce deity mask, which made the battle with majora's incarnation so easy

LOVED Majora's Mask, probably the darkest Zelda game made, especially when you think about it, if you were to do as much as you could in your final 3 days where you actually defeat Majora and go on to a new day, you realize that there were people that you were unable to help before you left.  On top of the idea that the moon was coming down to crash and destroy an entire village.  Loved that game, so crazy that gannondorf/gannon had no part in that game, and the only mention of Zelda was remembering the tune she taught you on the ocarina.

Also, Twilight Princess on the wii was awesome, yes Link is right handed, but thats so when you swing the sword with the wiimote it doesn't look fucked up.  I loved the wii controls for that game.

Anyways, I beat Silent Hill Shattered Memories, amazing game and amazing story, I highly recommend it, very scary, the only game I can think of where you can't defeat the zombie like creatures, only run like hell, making it super intense and freaky.

Doesn't look like it, at least PC users are still sticking with CoD 4. If you look at XFire statistics, CoD 4 has a million players more each day than MW2 and the gap seems to be increasing.

Doesn't look like it, at least PC users are still sticking with CoD 4. If you look at XFire statistics, CoD 4 has a million players more each day than MW2 and the gap seems to be increasing.

I enjoy MW2 more, not that COD4 isn't awesome, but I enjoy the overall gameplay in MW2 more, it feels more rewarding