Comparing the two albums a few years later

Duck182

yes. people from modlife that sth about "after the next album the social experiment is finished" and that they will stop making music but continuing making movies. hardcore ava fans went crazy after that.... . i have never really believed it but people kept telling it. maybe somone can confirm it?!

we have talked about it months ago

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wdntw was like a full complete album. IE was like a collection of songs. i felt like alot of songs were just trying to appeal to people. what i liked about WDNTW was that tom did his own thing and didnt worry about people liking it. IE also feels like a bunch of just random songs.

dont get me wrong, IE had some great songs. call to arms, breathe, SOB/true love (even though that was a whisper song) and heaven are awesome songs. wdntw was way more epic, which is what i love about them.

wdntw was like a full complete album. IE was like a collection of songs. i felt like alot of songs were just trying to appeal to people. what i liked about WDNTW was that tom did his own thing and didnt worry about people liking it. IE also feels like a bunch of just random songs.

dont get me wrong, IE had some great songs. call to arms, breathe, SOB/true love (even though that was a whisper song) and heaven are awesome songs. wdntw was way more epic, which is what i love about them.

i have the same feeling

Both albums are very hit and miss for me, there are some truly awesome songs on them both, but there are also a lot of totally meh and blah songs, really what he should have done was spend more time on one album, release all the best song from the two albums on one album and the rest could have been b-sides and rarities

I have always liked WDNTW more but when I-Empire was released, I listened to it a lot and thought that it was almost as good as WDNTW. Since then, however, I-Empire has suffered a significant loss of value. For example, I used to love Star of Bethlehem (I liked the name "Stars in the Sky" much more) but now it's just totally irrelevant. Granted, I-Empire is more consistent (i.e., less shitty songs and less great songs), but that makes it a bit boring. WDNTW has songs that are beyond awful (Do It for Me Now, Good Day, A Little's Enough) but it also has the best songs (Valkyrie Missile, The Adventure, The Gift). In fact, the only actual highlight of I-Empire is Love Like Rockets. (Rite of Spring lost its impact quickly.) WDNTW is also more "spacey", the one thing about AvA I have always liked.

i have the same feeling

I agree.

About about LOVE being their last album, have they said anything about that recently? I remember hearing they'd stop making albums a long time ago, but AVA plans always get changed, so I don't know what's up anymore.

Also, I'm assuming all of these ideas are now abandoned...

Live album (Tom actually said they'd release TWO live albums at one point...)

Live DVD

Punk album (They've since said this probably won't happen)

The remixes

Book

What happened to those?!

i have the same feeling

I agree.

About about LOVE being their last album, have they said anything about that recently? I remember hearing they'd stop making albums a long time ago, but AVA plans always get changed, so I don't know what's up anymore.

Live DVD

The remixes

Book

What happened to those?!

LOL remixes i remember those....LOL

i have the same feeling

I agree.

Live DVD

The remixes

Book

What happened to those?!

Tom has ideas he kinda just throws out there, even if they're just ideas, and people take them as plans. 

As for the punk album...I'd almost say there's no need now that blink is back to fill that part of his music writing side. 

Does anyone know though, what happened to that one riff? It was in an early modcast on Modlife called IEmpire Rough Tracks, and he played it and hummed along to it and snapped, it was really pretty and acoustic.   He said "it's gonna be like a really pretty acoustic thing, probably about seeing a girl standing there in the rain, and as everytime a car drives by, it covers up a nervous heartbeat".  He says he sees it in slow motion.   Anyway...does anyone know what happened to that? Did it turn into a song, and just got changed/transformed? Or did he never use it? If he did do it acoustically, it would be one of the prettiest songs ever.

I know exactly what song you're talking about. Just that little acoustic riff. So sick. I don't know what's happened to that little demo, but I too am curious about it.

i have the same feeling

I agree.

Live DVD

The remixes

Book

What happened to those?!

Tom has ideas he kinda just throws out there, even if they're just ideas, and people take them as plans. 

As for the punk album...I'd almost say there's no need now that blink is back to fill that part of his music writing side. 

Does anyone know though, what happened to that one riff? It was in an early modcast on Modlife called IEmpire Rough Tracks, and he played it and hummed along to it and snapped, it was really pretty and acoustic.   He said "it's gonna be like a really pretty acoustic thing, probably about seeing a girl standing there in the rain, and as everytime a car drives by, it covers up a nervous heartbeat".  He says he sees it in slow motion.   Anyway...does anyone know what happened to that? Did it turn into a song, and just got changed/transformed? Or did he never use it? If he did do it acoustically, it would be one of the prettiest songs ever.

could be on LOVE. who knows?!

Here would be my ideal AVA album (they should only have one at this point, both albums on the whole are meh at best), only having songs that I like, and none of the crap (songs are moved around for better flow, making for a great album IMO):

1. Call To Arms

2. It Hurts

3. Love Like Rockets

4. The Adventure

5. Secret Crowds

6. Lifeline

7. Good Day  (this song has improved over time oddly enough)

8. Rite Of Spring

9. Start The Machine

10. Heaven

Thats it, the rest is just forgettable if you ask me, I had to struggle to fill out all 10, Good Day was the last one I inserted, because I do like it a lot more now than I used to, though the chorus lyrics are still really weak, awful even (I think I like today, I think its good), but the tune and the message of the song are great.

i have the same feeling

I agree.

Live DVD

The remixes

Book

What happened to those?!

Oh! I loved that riff!! I think it'd be really really cool if one of the songs on the new album was acoustic.

I don't know if this is the same song, but I remember Tom saying something a long time ago about writing a song that was going to sound similar to I Miss You and Violence. When he said that I got so excited. I hope that happens. Maybe he's gonna use that idea for blink now. Either way, another I Miss You type song would be orgasmic.

i have the same feeling

I agree.

Live DVD

The remixes

Book

What happened to those?!

could be on LOVE. who knows?!

I hope so...I'd love to hear more acoustic songs out of tom.

it would be really cool if there was atleast one or two ava songs that were just entirely acoustic maybe with some effects and stuff. even if not just to hear some acoustic songs would be great. maybe even get an acoustic song on the new blink album mwahaha