Record your bands song with Mark Hoppus (in his studio)

High Value Man

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I don't think they set the prices, but they certainly allow it.

Blink 182 could easily put an end to that.

Furthermore, their payday includes money from those $250 vip tickets, so they financially benefit from the sale of those tickets and have no problem with it.

I guess I don't get the mindset. If I was a muti millionaire and my band went on tour, that shit would not happen. No businessman in a suit would dare charge loyal fans $250 to see me. I'd tell them to bend over and kiss my ass.

a) you probably wouldn't be in the band after that decision. you'd get kicked out

B) you wouldn't be a multi-millionaire playing small clubs at $15 a ticket.

other bands/artists charge way more for a regular ticket

so why do you keep supporting them when you are annoyed by the things they do?

Indeed they do. Don't think I am letting other bands off the hook. In entertainment, greed is the norm. There are bands far worse, aka Green Day.

I support them cause I like Blink and I am not going to let it effect me personally. But I still think it's wrong.

Actually Green Day cost less then Blink did for me this summer.

Charity is a good thing. Mark will still financially benefit from it though.

Whatever amount he raises he can write off on his taxes. Yeh!

Oliver, you're hopeless.

:lol:

Just stating the truth.

Dude, it's not about what's the truth or not. It's about being able to let things go. It's about not being obsessively preoccupied with one aspect of something that is barely related to the point. In every discussion about blink, somehow you gotta throw in something about money. Like Mark starting a charity auction, you have to somehow throw in some retarded comment about how he can write it off in taxes? Buddy, who gives a shit. You're always looking at the dark little spot on any good that any celebrity does. Mark tries to do something good, and you have to mention that he can write it off in taxes. Holy fuck dude.

The point isn't that it's the truth. You might as well mention in every post that 25 african babies die every second unless we do something about it. Yeah it's the truth but stop hijacking every thread so that it goes down another pointless argument about money. You're old and hopefully mature enough to understand the consequence of some of your posts. You KNOW that everytime you make some off collar about the $300 blink bunny, you're going to be the cause of another 3 pages of stupid bitching about whether it's worth it or not. And you KNOW that everyone is sick of hearing about it, and we've all heard your opinion like 2910327187 times. So what honestly are you trying to do here? Grow the fuck up honestly, Oliver.

Dude, it's not about what's the truth or not. It's about being able to let things go. It's about not being obsessively preoccupied with one aspect of something that is barely related to the point. In every discussion about blink, somehow you gotta throw in something about money. Like Mark starting a charity auction, you have to somehow throw in some retarded comment about how he can write it off in taxes? Buddy, who gives a shit. You're always looking at the dark little spot on any good that any celebrity does. Mark tries to do something good, and you have to mention that he can write it off in taxes. Holy fuck dude.

The point isn't that it's the truth. You might as well mention in every post that 25 african babies die every second unless we do something about it. Yeah it's the truth but stop hijacking every thread so that it goes down another pointless argument about money. You're old and hopefully mature enough to understand the consequence of some of your posts. You KNOW that everytime you make some off collar about the $300 blink bunny, you're going to be the cause of another 3 pages of stupid bitching about whether it's worth it or not. And you KNOW that everyone is sick of hearing about it, and we've all heard your opinion like 2910327187 times. So what honestly are you trying to do here? Grow the fuck up honestly, Oliver.

First off, if you look back at this thread, I did not start the discussion on the money issue. Also if you read the first couple of pages on the initial topic, you will clearly see that I was saying how much of a good idea the auction is. I was only talking positive. The little comment about Mark being able to write it off on his taxes was not really any attempt to turn what Mark is doing with this auction into a negative or to try and demean what Mark was doing.

It was also not my intention to hijack this thread, I am pretty sure it was hijacked by someone else. Yes, of course this has been talked about a ridiculous amount of times, but as long as people keep challenging me I will keep defending my point using examples to back myself up (yes the $300 bunny is one of those examples).

Not exactly sure how you want me to grow up Victor. I think my view of this issue is the realistic mature version, and your refusal to see things for how they really are in the world is the immature version.

They tried to push for the $20 ticket thing, I'm sure they'd make the tickets overall cheaper too, but other people get way more say in it than blink does.

That was a promotional thing. A very limited number of nosebleeds for $20 was a way to draw you in. I paid nearly $80 for ticket. The most I have ever paid for a Blink 182 ticket.

Ticket prices in general have gone WAY up for shows, it has gotten out of hand. In 1999 a Blink 182 ticket was $9. I have the ticket stub.

Big Bunny / VIP seat-wise, blink meant it as a treat to the hardcore fans who have the money to spend on it. The VIP seat option would guarantee someone a close seat...if the money is too much, fans could try the chancier way to get close seats at the normal prices

I don't think using money as a way to determine fan loyalty is a good thing to do. But that's just me.

Guest GrandpaReefer

oliver, you do realize blink doesn't decide how much tickets cost right? their management/label decide how much they want to charge to profit a large amount. i'm sure if it were up to those rich fools in blink, they'd tour for free.

First off, if you look back at this thread, I did not start the discussion on the money issue. Also if you read the first couple of pages on the initial topic, you will clearly see that I was saying how much of a good idea the auction is. I was only talking positive. The little comment about Mark being able to write it off on his taxes was not really any attempt to turn what Mark is doing with this auction into a negative or to try and demean what Mark was doing.

It was also not my intention to hijack this thread, I am pretty sure it was hijacked by someone else. Yes, of course this has been talked about a ridiculous amount of times, but as long as people keep challenging me I will keep defending my point using examples to back myself up (yes the $300 bunny is one of those examples).

Not exactly sure how you want me to grow up Victor. I think my view of this issue is the realistic mature version, and your refusal to see things for how they really are in the world is the immature version.

I say grow up because it's not about what one knows or doesnt know, it's when is the right time and place to bring stuff up. And when it comes to money and blink-182, the answer (contrary to what you think) isn't all the damn time

Well Oliver, how come EVERYONE else doesnt think like you? We are all immature? Maybe the problem is you... think about it!

oliver, you do realize blink doesn't decide how much tickets cost right? their management/label decide how much they want to charge to profit a large amount. i'm sure if it were up to those rich fools in blink, they'd tour for free.

They don't set prices, but they certainly have control over the prices.

In an interview Mark said this reunion tour was their biggest payday to date. Just imagine if Blink had said "We don't want to get paid for this tour" the tickets would have been a lot cheaper. They also could have refused to tour if ticket weren't lowered and the management would have caved.

I am not saying they were obligated to do that at all (except for the $250 BS). I am simply saying they COULD HAVE, since you are the one saying they'd rather tour for free.......i HIGHLY doubt that.

I say grow up because it's not about what one knows or doesnt know, it's when is the right time and place to bring stuff up. And when it comes to money and blink-182, the answer (contrary to what you think) isn't all the damn time

It wasn't me that brought it up. Look back at the topic.

Well Oliver, how come EVERYONE else doesnt think like you? We are all immature? Maybe the problem is you... think about it!

Because people are taught that you should be greedy as hell and always want MORE MORE MORE in this society. So they are going to side with Blink for that reason, and because people here are blinded by their love for Blink and other rock bands. But I am telling you that's bullshit.

I am not saying people are immature in general, I am saying they don't see things for how they really are on this issue.

I agree, I don't think they set the prices, but they certainly allow it.

Blink 182 could easily put an end to that.

Furthermore, their payday includes money from those $250 vip tickets, so they financially benefit from the sale of those tickets and have no problem with it.

I guess I don't get the mindset. If I was a muti millionaire and my band went on tour, that shit would not happen. No businessman in a suit would dare charge loyal fans $250 to see me. I'd tell them to bend over and kiss my ass.

a) you probably wouldn't be in the band after that decision. you'd get kicked out

hmm. no rebuttal. guess i stumped the all knowing oliver

except that example is shit since you can't get your facts straight

a) Unless I was a solo artist, yes I most likely would get fired for that decision. But that is exactly my point: Money hungry greedy bands who have muti millions, mansion, 15 cars, and still want more. It's indefensible and pathetic.

B) No you wouldn't. What exactly is your point?

except that example is shit since you can't get your facts straight

What about the Bunny? It's made of the same maeterial as the small bunny which is only, what $15-$20? Lets say it's 3 times the size of the regular bunny. $20*3=$60 not $300.

It's so obvious it's a ripoff. I just proved it right there.