Self titled makes Rolling Stone's list of most underrated albums of the decade

M!ke

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/12/14/readers-rock-list-most-underrated-album-of-the-decade/

Coming in at number 20.  I agree it was definitely underrated, it hid beneath many people's radars, and many didn't give it a chance expecting it to be another Enema or TOYPAJ (not that those were bad albums, but many probably thought it was just more of the same).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kroq loved this album. feeling this, I miss you, down, here's your letter, and all of this all got heavy rotation in 2003/2004. Always never caught on, sadly. The fallen interlude was also used as background music for djs. I also know songs like easy target were also played on other radio stations In southern california. It was cool to see so many non singles played in a record company dominated industry.  

Big fail from Rolling Stone... how the fuck can them consider the debut abum of Them Crooked Vultures as an under rated one... it came out a few weeks ago. Yeah, maybe it does not have the big debut feeling that others have but... man, isn't to early to say that Them Crooked Vultures is an under rated album?

Oh, and in some way I agree with Untitled being a little under rated.

Big fail from Rolling Stone... how the fuck can them consider the debut abum of Them Crooked Vultures as an under rated one... it came out a few weeks ago. Yeah, maybe it does not have the big debut feeling that others have but... man, isn't to early to say that Them Crooked Vultures is an under rated album?

Oh, and in some way I agree with Untitled being a little under rated.

I thought of this too..

Getting a shit load of singles off an album makes it quite the opposite of underrated imo.   8-)

yeah, but Down and Always weren't the huge hits that Feeling This and I Miss You were.  Which is unfortunate, especially for Down, thats a song that I feel has gotten better with time, I mean I always liked the song, but I feel like it speaks so much more to me now than it used to, and appreciate it more now.