Official Modlife Updates Thread

atticus18244fsas

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10:05ish EST Tom was on modblast.

-he confirmed that we will not have to leave the venue between soundcheck and the real show

-he avoided talking about meeting fans during soundcheck

That's all i got since i had to go to class

You won't meet them. Otherwise they would have stated it.

That soundcheck is a ripoff IMO. You could get in first simply by waiting in line or even pushing your way to the front, and hearing them play a few songs you'd hear during the concert anyway is stupid. I've seen soundchecks, they are boring. It's going to be AVA and a bunch of morons fans shouting stupid stuff at them.

Meet and Greets were way better. They should have stuck with that concept.

10:05ish EST Tom was on modblast.

-he confirmed that we will not have to leave the venue between soundcheck and the real show

-he avoided talking about meeting fans during soundcheck

That's all i got since i had to go to class

You won't meet them. Otherwise they would have stated it.

That soundcheck is a ripoff IMO. You could get in first simply by waiting in line or even pushing your way to the front, and hearing them play a few songs you'd hear during the concert anyway is stupid. I've seen soundchecks, they are boring. It's going to be AVA and a bunch of morons fans shouting stupid stuff at them.

Meet and Greets were way better. They should have stuck with that concept.

I would take a meet and greet over soundcheck anyday but i'll take what i can get.

Meh i've already met em twice so meeting them isn't a big deal to me really. This is a good thread idea though we should sticky this.

Agreed, and while Dave, Atom, and Matt were really nice......Tom acted like he didn't want to be there.

I showed him a CD signed by him, Mark, and Scott, and he seemed uninterested.

Meh i've already met em twice so meeting them isn't a big deal to me really. This is a good thread idea though we should sticky this.

Agreed, and while Dave, Atom, and Matt were really nice......Tom acted like he didn't want to be there.

i bet if we had boobs he'd be interested lol

i bet if we had boobs he'd be interested lol

HAHA! That's true. There was an interview he gave where he said he didn't like guys who got all nervous and sweaty when they met him. He said it was a little creepy. Almost like some pseudo-sexual thing.

The guy in front of me at the meet and greet was professing his love for Tom and his music and was all nervous and short of breath, and I could kind of understand where Tom was coming from. It's just a little, weird.

How interested he should have been then?

Dunno why you're even interested in meeting him or the band.

How interested he should have been then?

Dunno why you're even interested in meeting him or the band.

It wasn't just with that. In general he was much more standoffish and less personable than the other guys in AVA. A lot of other people on here will tell you the samething.

I am no longer interested in meeting him, but at one time I was. Why do you find that strange?

I may have just met Tom on a lucky day, but I met him in Long Island when AVA was on the Warped Tour and he was in a great mood. He not only talked and chatted with a bunch of non-Modlife members before the meet and greet, but he was hilarious when I met him one-on-one. We just joked around and talked about unicorns and shit, and he asked one of the security guards for a poster and drew me a unicorn. Security actually told him he had to finish up his conversation with me so that he could meet the rest of the Modlifers before AVA's stage time, since they had shown up to the meet and greet two hours late. It was awesome. I tend to say Mark is my favorite blink member, but Tom was way friendlier in the one time I met him than Mark was any of the 4 different times I've met him.

I may have just met Tom on a lucky day, but I met him in Long Island when AVA was on the Warped Tour and he was in a great mood. He not only talked and chatted with a bunch of non-Modlife members before the meet and greet, but he was hilarious when I met him one-on-one. We just joked around and talked about unicorns and shit, and he asked one of the security guards for a poster and drew me a unicorn. Security actually told him he had to finish up his conversation with me so that he could meet the rest of the Modlifers before AVA's stage time, since they had shown up to the meet and greet two hours late. It was awesome. I tend to say Mark is my favorite blink member, but Tom was way friendlier in the one time I met him than Mark was any of the 4 different times I've met him.

I agree with that. When I met him one on one in 2006 he was nice enough. I actually got to have a decent conversation with him. He seemed impressed that I was in my 20's and still into his music. He was like "How old are you?". However he wouldn't shut up about how great AVA was.

I just think he doesn't like the meet and greets, and doesn't like the crowds.

After hearing with David said some of the crazy fans do, I can't say I blame him for that.

If I could meet anyone in the whole world live/dead, it would be Tom Delonge.

According to Facebook soundcheck "parties" are going to be from 4-5:30 before the shot.

Soundcheck Party!!!

Type:        Party - Erotic Party<- :lol:

Start Time: Monday, April 5, 2010 at 4:00pm

End Time:      Monday, May 31, 2010 at 5:30pm

All Members of Angels And Airwaves.com can get Early Entry and watch Soundcheck on upcoming tour...

See behind the scenes as Angels and Airwaves gets ready for their show the same evening in your city....

This will instantly make you cooler than most....and make you better looking, as well-

includes :

All Pay Per Views

Live Broadcasting

Chats

Personal Daily Updates from each member

Exclusive Music

Videos

and More....

I am no longer interested in meeting him, but at one time I was. Why do you find that strange?

It's not strange but I don't understand it.

What makes a person wait for maybe even hours just to get a quick glimpse of someone?

It's basic human instinct that dates back to the days of the cavemen when the herd's of cave dwellers would look for a leader, someone to admire, someone to look up to, someone to rely on.

Today it's a little different, but most people need someone to admire, and part of that admiration is the desire to have a face to face encounter with that person. Because it's usually so rare to achieve that, it makes it even more desireable. There is a certain rush most people get from having someone they (and millions of others) admire address them, that they will go to great lenghts for it.

Of course not everyone is that crazy. But many people are.

You might not go out of your way to meet Tom Delonge, but I guarentee if you saw him on a street corner, you'd get that same rush. I know you'd certainly walk up to him.

My dad hates celebrities with a passion and doesn't get the obsession, but when he happened to meet Steve Martin in NYC a few years ago, even he admitted the experience was pretty cool.

WTF is with the same people that shit on modblast all day everyday with such an elitist attitude it's ridiculous.  They act like they own the place.  They sit on there saying random words to each other and treating it like their personal MSN chat.  I cannot believe these people are 18 and 19 years old.

Biggest Assholes Of Modlife (aka The Offenders List):

randytravis

ashleyhill

Yoshi554

jess

evilcanadian08

frenchfrym

casey

etc...

/rant

WTF is with the same people that shit on modblast all day everyday with such an elitist attitude it's ridiculous.  They act like they own the place.  They sit on there saying random words to each other and treating it like their personal MSN chat.  I cannot beleive these poeple are 18 and 19 years old.  Honestly go die.

Offenders:

randytravis

ashleyhill

Yoshi554

etc...

/rant

LOL yeah they don't have jobs or do anything else besides sit on blast all day..

You must have got him on a bad day or something. I've met blink twice he was amazing/funny and totally talkative. Met him with AvA he seemed NO different signed my Whisper Cd and my untitled cd. TBO as much as I love Travis both times I got a sig from him he was the only one who signed and ran off seeming to give a shit less about the "small grp" who had waited an hour after the show was over.

I agree with that. When I met him one on one in 2006 he was nice enough. I actually got to have a decent conversation with him. He seemed impressed that I was in my 20's and still into his music. He was like "How old are you?". However he wouldn't shut up about how great AVA was.

I just think he doesn't like the meet and greets, and doesn't like the crowds.

After hearing with David said some of the crazy fans do, I can't say I blame him for that.

Yeah, I don't blame him either. I've definitely seen some of the crazy fans like the girls that will jump on Tom and stuff. That's gotta get old real fast.

WTF is with the same people that shit on modblast all day everyday with such an elitist attitude it's ridiculous.  They act like they own the place.  They sit on there saying random words to each other and treating it like their personal MSN chat.  I cannot beleive these poeple are 18 and 19 years old.  Honestly go die.

Offenders:

randytravis

ashleyhill

Yoshi554

etc...

/rant

LOL yeah they don't have jobs or do anything else besides sit on blast all day..

HAHA. You guys are cute.