South Park season 14

theedge00

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so sad when people make fun of her. I don't make anyone for their looks and I think she's gorg anyway.

Well that's bullshit because you called me ugly once.

I said something about you because you were personally attacking me. And from what I recall I didn't call you ugly I said other people were. If you can quote me and it's different, so be it. Check the post your picture thread..

It is so sad when people make fun of her. I don't make anyone for their looks and I think she's gorg anyway.

Well that's bullshit because you called me ugly once.

I said something about you because you were personally attacking me. And from what I recall I didn't call you ugly I said other people were. If you can quote me and it's different, so be it. Check the post your picture thread..

you still contradict yourself

I enjoyed the episode a lot, it wasn't the best thing ever but it was still funny.

And Sarah Jessica Parker is really ugly, I'm glad someone finally took at stab at making fun of her appearance.

Ethan, I don't understand why you're getting offended.  She's a fucking [ugly] celebrity, you have no personal connection or relation to her, why do you feel the need to defend her?  Matt Stone and Trey Parker make fun of pretty much everything, and if memory serves correctly, this isn't even the first time they have ripped into SJP.  I love how they blew that little mole/wart thing on her chin out of proportion though, I thought it was hilarious.

No not really. I don't simply call someone ugly that I don't know and that has never done anything to me.

yeah you did.  You said, I don't make (fun of) anyone for their looks. 

And then you said, I didn't call you ugly I said other people were.

you therefore do call people ugly despite the fact that you said you don't call anyone ugly.

She sure has a lot of "bad angles" and "bad shots" then:

sjp_020708_11.jpg

sarah-jessica-parker-sundance-film-feset

She's even quoted as saying: “What they don’t know is that one day I’ll wake up fat. But I’ll still be happy, just like I am now. I believe in the old ’sticks and stones’ philosophy, so frankly their words don’t come close to hurting. And it does not bother me in the least if people don’t think I’m sexy. I don’t think I am, either.â€

she thinks shes ugly too (at the very least not sexy), so how can you keep defending her looks?

I really don't think she's ugly and everyone has bad angles and bad shots...I think she's pretty.

sarah-jessica-parker-hairstyles.jpg

Lol, or you could say everyone has good angles and good shots.  Especially considering that picture is from the other side of her face ;)

Here's a fairly neutral one, considering she has her hair and everything done, it would probably be one of her "better" pictures,

sarah-jessica-parker-051508-032565.jpg

As a celebrity, she isn't very attractive.

Only because celebrities have so many different people help them look hot.

she thinks shes ugly too (at the very least not sexy), so how can you keep defending her looks?

Blink-182 describes their music as 'crappy punk rock' and yet you listen to it and I'm sure defend it.

Apples and oranges. I mean whatever. No sense in arguing, like Casey said, (I can't keep up with all the screen name changes. Duke Silver is Casey, correct?) they make fun of everyone. They're pretty harsh all the time too.

I'd love to make a show or comic or something making fun of these people who do nothing but sit around and make fun of people. I thought South Park was getting smarter because they started being more political rather than celebrity satire but here we are again. 14 years and the majority is still making pot shots at celebrities. That's why it's my least favorite out of the major three "adult" cartoons.

haha

that's why it's the best

cause they have no boundaries

they make fun of EVERYONE

it'd be one thing if they went, "naw, we can't do that. she's nice. what has she done?"

or decide not to attack muslims/jews/"gingers"/etc.

but then they'd be hypocrites.

i feel that i have to acknowledge/respect.

as far as celebrities or anyone's looks?

that's fine. it's all in the eye of the beholder.

HOWEVER, i will defend certain celebrities.

such as, anyone who speaks ill of heath ledger is either:

a) just trying to stir the pot

or

B) an asshole

are you kidding me?  Look at the very first season of South Park, they make fun of Barbara Streisand, they set this precedent to begin with and the show hasn't changed since then, Sally Struthers, J. Lo, Ben Affleck, Michael Jackson, Tiger Woods, Kurt Russel, Jesus, Mohammad, O.J., Rob Reiner, John Edwards, Bush, Clinton, Obama, Jared (subway), Mel Gibson, M. Night Shaymalin (sp?), Russel Crowe, Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, George Clooney, David Blaine, Martha Stewart, Oprah, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, Britney Spears, Kanye West, The Jonas Brothers, etc.  have all been made fun of on the series, and this has been the situation since the begining, its not like South Park just suddenly went back to this maneuver, they've been doing it all along.  What I'm guessing happened here is either they finally made fun of someone who you don't believe shouldn't have been made fun of (if so, big deal, get over it, I don't agree with everything they've said either, but its still just in the name of comedy), or you're hurt that everyone seems to think she's ugly when you yourself wanked off to her, I hope for your sake thats not the case.

and whatever, in many aspects blink are "crappy punk rock,"  I'm not gonna argue against that old phrase of theirs, it very clearly applies to their dude ranch and prior days, and I wouldn't even call their sound now punk rock, but rather experimental alternative rock with some pop I guess.  Plus crappy punk rock does not equal bad music, I love Cheshire and Buddha, but i would not argue with the label of crappy punk rock for those albums.

I love South Park. I really do. And I am all for making fun of people.

But making fun of someone for being ugly? Yeah, I know this isn't the first time they've done it, and yes I know they have no boundaries, but it makes me sad. If this is what they think of Sarah Jessica Parker, what the fuck do they think of people like me and other girls/women who aren't even half as good looking as she is?

I have no problem with making fun of Sarah Jessica Parker. Go ahead, it's South Park. They do it to everyone. But it's WHY they're doing it that it sort of sad.

Granted, I am only basing this off what I've heard. I have not watched the episode yet. I am only going off the fact that I was told that it was strictly her appearance that they were tearing apart. Other things they were making fun of her for, fine, go ahead, I don't care.