George Harrison's Gibson SG

Tyler☮

Harrisons.jpg

I've looked all over the place and couldn't find a specific name for it. It would help me out a lot if someone could tell me a specific name for this guitar.

I'm hoping to buy this guitar in the future so I need to get a price so I can start saving.

Thanks in advance.

Nice!! A topic about The Beatles guitars.

Here is a great site that talks about all the instruments they used. If you scroll down you will see the Gibson SG he played. It's described as a 1964 Gibson SG standard with Maestro Vibrola w/ lyre-style cover.

http://www.thecanteen.com/harrison8.html

Now the bad news, it's not cheap, at all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-SG-Standard-VOS-Custom-Shop-with-Maestro-Trem_W0QQitemZ200382672665QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2ea7bcef19

There is one on ebay which looks like it's basically his. The price tag might make you shit a brick. They have a few on there that are like the real deal vintage ones, but those are even more expensive.

You wouldn't be ok with just getting a standard Gibson SG? Like the one that FOB dude uses? You will save a lot of money. But if you really want his guitar like it was, I think that's it.

Thanks a lot man! I might have to settle for just a regular Gibson SG, but maybe I'll make enough money over the summer to afford this.

No problem. I wonder what makes it so much more expensive than a regular SG?

I know I'd be certain about that before I paid the extra money. I am sure it's more than just the vibrato. Maybe someone else here knows.

Thanks a lot man! I might have to settle for just a regular Gibson SG, but maybe I'll make enough money over the summer to afford this.

No problem. I wonder what makes it so much more expensive than a regular SG?

I know I'd be certain about that before I paid the extra money. I am sure it's more than just the vibrato. Maybe someone else here knows.

I'm sure there's something else too. Also the fact that George Harrison played it probably adds to it.

Also, I love his Les Paul. The one he uses for "Something" and it was used in the "Revolution" promo videos I think.