E3 2010

IenjoyLongWalks

Retro Studios, the same studio behind the Metroid Prime trilogy, is supposedly making a new Donkey Kong game.

i heard about this, if true i am looking forward to this. also looking forward to hearing some more news on arkham asylum 2, star wars the force unleashed 2. E3 is always good

Kinect looks horrible. I've alreayd played Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart thank you.

The only appeal it has to me is:

-Greater hardware (not just better graphics but better A.I., physics, more things on screen, etc.)

-Talented developers working with it.

-Different technology being used.

I think it's going to fail miserably. I just don't see anything introduced this late in the lifespan succeeding like they want it to. Same goes for Sony

Kinect will be a failure, the video they demoed showed the onscreen avatars moving before the person did!  Really Microsoft?!  Clearly its either not close to ready or will be less accurate than the wiimote without motion plus.  Sony however let the guys USE move for 2 hours, and they were blown away, saying that SOCOM 4 is more fun and accurate than using the dual shock controller.

and geeez, how many versions of the 360 are there now? its getting kind of ridiculous, and I can't believe it took them this long to get wifi.

I'm sorry but I don't see it as a brand new console. That's just reassurance in case it fails. I just don't see either Kinect or the Move having the market penetration the Wii does, especially Kinect and I own a 360. Gamestop also has it listed for $150 US and if that's the price than hell no.

listen, I'm a huge wii fan, but look what sony has done with the ps3: blu-ray, 3d compatability, and now probably the most effective motion control yet.  The PS3 is clearly a system that will last longer than the typical videogame generations, in fact I'm positive that when Nintendo and Microsoft do unveil their new systems (and kinect would not be considered microsoft's next gen), sony wont.  The PS3 can very easily live through 2 generations, I mean you can only improve the graphics so much at this point, a new generation will have to have a new gimick (some sort of virtual reality thing? but that may just rely on the tv at this point, the need to harness the 3DS technology on much bigger HDTVs so you get the 3D effect with no glasses.)

ha, I am rambling, seriously though, if all the 3DS rumors are true, its gonna be fuckin awesome.

I think Kinect is supposed to be a brand new console, so it's not really "late to this lifespan".  I probably won't buy one (because I know there will be hardware issues since it's Microsoft), but once I see some of my favourite developers making games for it I might be tempted.

Well on the "new" xbox 360 ad it says "compatible with Kinect" so I don't think it will be a new console.

Kinect isn't a new console. It's a peripheral that adds on to an Xbox. Kind of like an "eye-toy" (lol.. eye-toy).

Nothing impressive/shit I didn't already know so far at E3.

Looking forward to anything from Squaresoft though. God damn I need FFXIV and FFXII Versus details! It would also be interesting to see how the Move works.

I'm sorry but I don't see it as a brand new console. That's just reassurance in case it fails. I just don't see either Kinect or the Move having the market penetration the Wii does, especially Kinect and I own a 360. Gamestop also has it listed for $150 US and if that's the price than hell no.

listen, I'm a huge wii fan, but look what sony has done with the ps3: blu-ray, 3d compatability, and now probably the most effective motion control yet.  The PS3 is clearly a system that will last longer than the typical videogame generations, in fact I'm positive that when Nintendo and Microsoft do unveil their new systems (and kinect would not be considered microsoft's next gen), sony wont.  The PS3 can very easily live through 2 generations, I mean you can only improve the graphics so much at this point, a new generation will have to have a new gimick (some sort of virtual reality thing? but that may just rely on the tv at this point, the need to harness the 3DS technology on much bigger HDTVs so you get the 3D effect with no glasses.)

ha, I am rambling, seriously though, if all the 3DS rumors are true, its gonna be fuckin awesome.

I didn't mean longetivity so much as adding new control schemes to late. Sony systems have long lifespans and I applaud them for it. I just don't see the 2 new controllers catching on really. Sure there will be decent sales figures but I'd say 1/3 of the install base for each console will pick up Kinect or Move. It'd be different had they been introduced at the beginning or close to the beginning but we are 4 and 5 years in for the PS3 and 360 respectively. It'd be like Nintendo making the Classic Controller standard, just would happen. I feel they should've waited. Who knows what'll happen.