E3 2010

IenjoyLongWalks

I was impressed with The Old Republic trailer, that game looks fantastic.  I know it was all CGI, but that adds to the storyline and it looks great.  I was disappointed to not see Battlefield 3, but I'm guessing it's because DICE is too busy working on Medal of Honor/Bad Company 2: Vietnam.  Maybe at one of the upcoming game shows (Tokyo Game Show?) we'll see Battlefield 3. 

Goldeneye for wii remake is real, the trailer is on youtube already.  Fuckin want it now.

Can you post the youtube video?

I can only find mods when I tried searching for it.

can't copy and paste, i'm using the wii's internet.  just search goldeneye wii, its the first result

I'm excited, but I know I shouldn't be.

Goldeneye: Source was great at first but then it lost it's appeal.  Once the nostalgia wears off, you're stuck with a sub par FPS.  That's coming from someone who probably spent just as many hours wasting away with the original as the next big fan did. 

Wow, I really hope that's super early indev. Those graphics are lol. Also, why are they using the new Bond? Are they fucking retarded?

Probably for more mainstream appeal.  And of course the graphics suck, it's a third party Wii game.  I love how Nintendo fanboys try and justify how the graphics don't matter as long as the game play is good, but NEWS FLASH: graphics do affect game play.  You can't have realistic physics (destructible environments) or more things on screen without more graphical hardware, thus it has a huge impact on game play.  I'm saying this because I'm forecasting a bunch of Nintendo fanboys jumping on Prusty's post and defending the Wii.

Honestly, the Xbox 360 remake that Rare (the original developers) were working on looked much better and more true to the original.

The reason they're using Daniel Craig is to get around loopholes. It's the same reason they changed level designs and added melee as well. They couldn't just remake the old game level for level because it would've pissed off MS and Rare. As far as graphics go, eh. As long as it's fun I don't really care. It's not a Wii fanboy statement it's just a gaming statement. Flashy graphics only get you so far. A good looking shitty game is still a shitty game. As for physics and all that I can see that but sme basics physics don't use all that much power. Look at Elebits, a 2006 Wii title. I can't see this being a very physics powered game.

Ubisofts and EA's pressers were kind of shit. I don't give two shits about EA Sports and Ubi left a little to be desired for. I expected at least a word on the new Splinter Cell they talked about a few weeks back, Beyond Good and Evil 2, or hell even the multiplayer aspect of Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. I'm pissed I have to work during Nintendo's conference. Sony are said to reveal a Sly Cooper Collection, Twisted Metal X, and Patapon 3 for the PS3.

Fuck, I don't give a shit about graphics, I play fucking Dwarf Fortress for christ sake. Unless they target this game towards only people wearing rose-tinted nostalgia goggles, they're going to get nowhere.

Gaming back when Goldeneye (N64) was in it's prime wasn't a big thing. Now days, every man and his grandma is a gamer and unfortunatly, they are the target audience. This new audience cares about graphics and immersion. They don't care if a game is fun or groundbreaking, if a guys head looks like a cardboard box, they wont buy it.

This company can claim they don't care about graphics and don't care about pleasing people, but unless their game boast something that's going to appeal to new gamers, they're going to die.

Also, why the Wii? Do developers these days target the Wii so they can claim "HURR DURR ITS A WII GAME WE DONT NEED TO PUT LOTS OF TIME IN TO IT".

I was impressed with The Old Republic trailer, that game looks fantastic.  I know it was all CGI, but that adds to the storyline and it looks great.  I was disappointed to not see Battlefield 3, but I'm guessing it's because DICE is too busy working on Medal of Honor/Bad Company 2: Vietnam.  Maybe at one of the upcoming game shows (Tokyo Game Show?) we'll see Battlefield 3. 

OLD REPUBLIC! That's what I am looking forward to! I feel like I missed everything by missing the first day.

Is there somewhere where i can see hilights or something from all the shows?

OLD REPUBLIC! That's what I am looking forward to! I feel like I missed everything by missing the first day.

ahh yes i was looking forward to the old republic as well as force unleashed 2

The reason they're using Daniel Craig is to get around loopholes. It's the same reason they changed level designs and added melee as well. They couldn't just remake the old game level for level because it would've pissed off MS and Rare. As far as graphics go, eh. As long as it's fun I don't really care. It's not a Wii fanboy statement it's just a gaming statement. Flashy graphics only get you so far. A good looking shitty game is still a shitty game. As for physics and all that I can see that but sme basics physics don't use all that much power. Look at Elebits, a 2006 Wii title. I can't see this being a very physics powered game.

The enemy AI is a huge part of GPU and horsepower, something the Wii lacks.

Also, the online multiplayer will most likely be terrible thanks to the Wii and friend codes.  It'll still be fun, but it won't be a competitive game due to lack of freedom online.

The Old Republic will be amazing for sure, Bioware and Star Wars go hand-in-hand and an MMO seems to fit the bill nicely.  You can even get your own fucking space ship.

It's shitty because I'm never going to get the chance to play the game.  It comes out next year and I'll be going to university and have so much on my plate.  MMOs require too much time and are just too addicting for someone like myself to play. 

The Old Republic will be amazing for sure, Bioware and Star Wars go hand-in-hand and an MMO seems to fit the bill nicely.  You can even get your own fucking space ship.

It's shitty because I'm never going to get the chance to play the game.  It comes out next year and I'll be going to university and have so much on my plate.  MMOs require too much time and are just too addicting for someone like myself to play. 

it's only for PC though right? kinda wish it wasn't only for PC but ohwell i'll have toget it anyway. Havent owned a PC game in a long time

I know it's not totally E3 related but does anyone on here have any experience with a PSP Go?

I'm gunna be doing a lot of 2 hour train journeys over the coming year and want something portable and fun to play on the train, and if a PSP2 isn't announced, I can pick up a PSP Go! with that 10 game deal for £150.

Worth it or is the DS better? or should I wait to see what the 3ds has to offer?