E3 2010

IenjoyLongWalks

Avoid the PSP Go like it has genital warts. It's nice to have your whole collection in the palm of your hand but it's a huge money sink. Not only is it more expensive than a PSP 3000 the games are also more expensive to. I don't know what the prices are in the UK but in the US it's outrageous. Plus the PSN doesn't have half of the games you can get in UMD form. I personally prefer the DS as its game library is alot larger and has alot more support. I like the fact that the PSP has Metal Gear Solid, Resistance, etc but alot of the controls are so akward that they aren't as fun as their console counter parts, such as MGS Portable Ops.

My advice would be to go with a DS Lite as I believe retailers can now price them what they want and games such as Pokemon Gold or Silver, New Super Mario Bros, Scribblenauts, and many more. I still think the 3DS will be a year or so away.

Okay, the only reason I was thinking the Go, is because its $220 for the go and:

* 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

* Gran Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

* Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines

* Grand Turismo

* LittleBigPlanet

* Motorstorm Arctic Edge

* Wipeout Pure

* Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice

* Need for Speed Shift

* James Cameron's AVATAR: The Game

I'll wait and see what comes out of e3

I would say that's not bad if you like those types of games but as far as quality I'd say LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm, GTA, and Gran Turismo are the only ones worth playing. Avatar isn't great, Assassins Creed is hampered by control issues and overall boringness like the first game, and as far as the others I haven't heard the best of things. Except Wipeout, I'm not sure which one is the good one Pure or Pulse. I just think you'll get alot more playtime out of the DS. I liked my psp but there just wasn't enough for it.

I was impressed with The Old Republic trailer, that game looks fantastic.  I know it was all CGI, but that adds to the storyline and it looks great.  I was disappointed to not see Battlefield 3, but I'm guessing it's because DICE is too busy working on Medal of Honor/Bad Company 2: Vietnam.  Maybe at one of the upcoming game shows (Tokyo Game Show?) we'll see Battlefield 3. 

OLD REPUBLIC! That's what I am looking forward to! I feel like I missed everything by missing the first day.

Is there somewhere where i can see hilights or something from all the shows?

ahh yes i was looking forward to the old republic as well as force unleashed 2

The Old Republic will be amazing for sure, Bioware and Star Wars go hand-in-hand and an MMO seems to fit the bill nicely.  You can even get your own fucking space ship.

It's shitty because I'm never going to get the chance to play the game.  It comes out next year and I'll be going to university and have so much on my plate.  MMOs require too much time and are just too addicting for someone like myself to play. 

I'm in the same boat, but I WILL find time to play this. It's going to be the best game ever.

/thread.

I was impressed with The Old Republic trailer, that game looks fantastic.  I know it was all CGI, but that adds to the storyline and it looks great.  I was disappointed to not see Battlefield 3, but I'm guessing it's because DICE is too busy working on Medal of Honor/Bad Company 2: Vietnam.  Maybe at one of the upcoming game shows (Tokyo Game Show?) we'll see Battlefield 3. 

OLD REPUBLIC! That's what I am looking forward to! I feel like I missed everything by missing the first day.

Is there somewhere where i can see hilights or something from all the shows?

ahh yes i was looking forward to the old republic as well as force unleashed 2

The Old Republic will be amazing for sure, Bioware and Star Wars go hand-in-hand and an MMO seems to fit the bill nicely.  You can even get your own fucking space ship.

It's shitty because I'm never going to get the chance to play the game.  It comes out next year and I'll be going to university and have so much on my plate.  MMOs require too much time and are just too addicting for someone like myself to play. 

did you ever play star wars galaxies? That's exactly how this game seems like it's gonna be.

and what?! PC ONLY??!!! i'll find a way around that.

LOL at the people complaining about the goldeneye graphics.  Fuck, I still play the original in all its shitty graphics glory, and its just as fun as ever.  Graphics will by no means make or break the game, thats the kinda mentality, that would make someone incorrectly believe that every game for the genesis was better than every game for the NES. 

As for wii exclusivity, I believe it is because Nintendo owns more rights to the original than Rare does (it was a joint creation), so they probably comissioned Activision (current owner of the Bond video game franchise) to do the remake for only them.

I don't give a shit which actor plays bond, but if I had to guess why its that it has something to do with Daniel Craig's contract when he signed on to be Bond (while he is the current Bond he will also voice and star in any Bond game releases in that time).

LOL at the people complaining about the goldeneye graphics.  Fuck, I still play the original in all its shitty graphics glory, and its just as fun as ever.  Graphics will by no means make or break the game, thats the kinda mentality, that would make someone incorrectly believe that every game for the genesis was better than every game for the NES.  

As for wii exclusivity, I believe it is because Nintendo owns more rights to the original than Rare does (it was a joint creation), so they probably comissioned Activision (current owner of the Bond video game franchise) to do the remake for only them.

I don't give a shit which actor plays bond, but if I had to guess why its that it has something to do with Daniel Craig's contract when he signed on to be Bond (while he is the current Bond he will also voice and star in any Bond game releases in that time).

exactly dude everything you just said. i still play my old n64 games in all their shitty graphics and glory, same goes for any old PS games or PC games and Nintendo games. thats part of the nostalgia in a way. And Wii doesn't necessarily have the most amazing graphics on most games, so don't understand all the fuss about the new Goldeneye basically looking like the original graphics wise. I think thats part of the appeal for me. Since they dont make N64 or N64 games anymore, this is the closest thing i will get, and I think thats awesome.

Zelda Skyward Sword looks awesome, and the 3DS looks fuckin insane, we're gonna see games being released with graphics close to the 360 for that thing, but in 3D and portable, kid icarus and Star Fox 64 3D look really fuckin cool.

Also Donkey Kong Country returns and Kirby Epic Yarn look fuckin fun too

The Force Unleashed 2 is going to be the shit!

yea i cant wait! i played the original on playstation so i have to get the 360 version of it because i know some things were different. ebay has them cheap though

Yeah pick up the 360 version for sure. I think if you buy it new it's only $20.

I'm very impressed with the Nintendo conference. But the new Zelda's graphics are kind of a step backwards. I know they are trying to get more people to play those games, but my favorite thing about Twilight Princess' was the detail and vast beauty of the world.