E3 2010

IenjoyLongWalks

LOL at the people complaining about the goldeneye graphics.  Fuck, I still play the original in all its shitty graphics glory, and its just as fun as ever.  Graphics will by no means make or break the game, thats the kinda mentality, that would make someone incorrectly believe that every game for the genesis was better than every game for the NES.  

Super cool constructive argument bro. Unfortunately, you're wrong. Refer to my previous post regarding graphics in todays games.

Also, your Goldeneye shooter now officially sucks.

*Perks

*Regenerating health

*Completely different maps

Have fun playing MW2 on the Wii.

considering i own a 360 and a wii, I'll enjoy MW2 on that and Goldeneye on wii, I still think it will be just as fun as ever.  If you can't look beyond the graphics, then you will miss out on a ton of great games.  But whatever, enjoy your dillusional world of ignorance.

Also IGN already got a hands on with it and said it delivers and is fucking awesome.  Seems to me that more than anything your pissed off its not coming to your system.  Boo hoo.

i agree with mike, obviously graphics can matter i'll look at certain games for certain systems and of course i'll want to get it if the graphics are good. For example i would want to buy a game like red dead redemption because of the detailed graphics. but when goldeneye is coming out for wii, i don't expect the graphics to be ground breaking and crazy. i know its basically a reboot of the n64 game and while watching the preview for the wii version thats what i thought of. and it brought back the nostalgia and the memories and like mike said, thats enough to make me wanna get it and play. i dunno some people won't agree of course, its just a matter of peoples opinions

LOL at the people complaining about the goldeneye graphics.  Fuck, I still play the original in all its shitty graphics glory, and its just as fun as ever.  Graphics will by no means make or break the game, thats the kinda mentality, that would make someone incorrectly believe that every game for the genesis was better than every game for the NES.  

Super cool constructive argument bro. Unfortunately, you're wrong. Refer to my previous post regarding graphics in todays games.

*Perks

*Regenerating health

considering i own a 360 and a wii, I'll enjoy MW2 on that and Goldeneye on wii, I still think it will be just as fun as ever.  If you can't look beyond the graphics, then you will miss out on a ton of great games.  But whatever, enjoy your dillusional world of ignorance.

Also IGN already got a hands on with it and said it delivers and is fucking awesome.  Seems to me that more than anything your pissed off its not coming to your system.  Boo hoo.

I have a wii, and so does Prusty. By all means carry on the argument (that's why we're here, right?) but there's no need to get personal.

I'm not going to say that a game needs great graphics to be good, I mean the wii was built around the ideology of gameplay over graphics. That doesn't mean that graphics aren't important though. I don't really see what the big fuss is about with this Goldeneye shooter on wii. They've remade a classic game for a newer console. Errr, great, so what's the new stuff? Some trophies, some new maps and voice acting by Daniel Craig? Cool, I guess. Barely worth doing just for those bits and pieces though. They have the tools to build good graphics on the Wii, we've seen proof of that. They're mental not to take advantage of it. I'm not saying it's going to be a 'bad' game, but with the hardware capabilities they have these days it is a real disappointment to see them not take advantage of them. If I wanted to play it with the same old graphics, I'd bust out the 64.

does anyone else think that 3D is going too far? i think its cool but most of the time its not even true 3D. the only time i have seen true like pop out of the screen 3D was when i saw Alice in Wonderland and it was a company at the beginning of the movie that produced it and a ball was floating around and it actually came out of the screen.

plus it hurts my eyes after a while.

I'm pretty much with you on that. I'm really interested to see how the 3DS does what it does, the idea is really really cool. The whole wearing glasses thing doesn't do anything for me, and it just seems like a gimmick.

*Perks

*Regenerating health

Also IGN already got a hands on with it and said it delivers and is fucking awesome.  Seems to me that more than anything your pissed off its not coming to your system.  Boo hoo.

"Dillisional world of ignorance"? Who gave you a keyboard?

Obviously you didn't read my last post. I play games with the worst graphics you can possibly imagine. I play pixel arcade games, indie games that don't even include shadows.

Also, you listen to IGN?

Prusty - PS3, Wii, DS, PSP and PC owner.

dwarf-fortress.png

See this? This is a screenshot from Dwarf Fortress, one of my favourite games EVER. Pretty fucking good graphics ey kid? Jeez, too bad I only play games with the best next-gen graphics.

I'm very impressed with the Nintendo conference. But the new Zelda's graphics are kind of a step backwards. I know they are trying to get more people to play those games, but my favorite thing about Twilight Princess' was the detail and vast beauty of the world.

zelda_win.jpg

wut

Also, OoT remake on the 3DS? DO. FUCKING. WANT

...do you agree?

Of course not, how is that a step backwards? It looks fantastic.

How? It looks really simplistic and looks like a cereal box. It's dumbed down.

Miyamoto said that that HUD present there was for demo purposes, to display to the audience what the control configuration is like. The HUD is fully removable aswell, so at some points you'll have nothing on the screen except the gaming enviroment. I personally think the game looks amazing. Also, see the Wiimote? That's got Motion+ on that bitch. Hell yeah for proper sword play, instead of the jumbled mess that was Twilight Princess.

Guest Millzy

I'm not gonna judge til I've sat and played it for 5 continuous days.

I thought we would have all learned by now that Zelda games NEVER dissapoint?

This

I remember seeing Wind Waker and thinking "LOL CELL SHADED GRAPHICS LOLNINTEDO USUCKS", then I played it... Nintendo might appear at some points to have no idea what the fuck is going on, but they get it right in the end.

I can't see how this Zelda could be bad, I dig the graphics, they're unique and different, only in the gb games, ds games, and n64 games is the style the same, otherwise every Zelda has a unique look.  Something was obviously not working right in the demo of the game, but those that got time alone with the game said it plays amazingly, so I eagerly await Skyward Sword.  I get the feeling Link may fly in some way in the game, I suppose we shall see.

Mickey, Donkey Kong Country, Metroid, Kirby, Zelda, and everything about the 3DS was fantastic. I'll just write a blank check to Nintendo and have them send me everything they make for the next few years.

Microsoft, sadly, was just lol. Kinect seems to barely even function on the simplest of party games. I've entirely abandoned hope that any real games will ever be made for it. I give less than a shit about Call of Duty because I'm not a dudebro retard. Halo looks like Halo, and I can't tell the difference among these games anymore. At least they have Gears 3 and Crackdown 2. That's it.

Move seemed a bit laggy and still not entirely 1:1, at least not on Tiger Woods. And it's way too expensive. I like Killzone and I'll get it eventually, but that trailer was boooooring and it made me question if I need the game right away, or if I'll wait for a big price drop. I don't know if it was because of the lifeless, colorless environment, or that I'm just sick of shooters. Twisted Metal should be cool, as well as Infamous 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2.

The Force Unleashed 2 is going to be the shit!

yea i cant wait! i played the original on playstation so i have to get the 360 version of it because i know some things were different. ebay has them cheap though

Yeah pick up the 360 version for sure. I think if you buy it new it's only $20.

i knew they made the ps2 version different, but the 360 version is like a completely different game!

This

I remember seeing Wind Waker and thinking "LOL CELL SHADED GRAPHICS LOLNINTEDO USUCKS", then I played it... Nintendo might appear at some points to have no idea what the fuck is going on, but they get it right in the end.

No offense, but if you had typed that to me back in 03, I would of hated you so much. After seeing the video for WW, I was so excited by it.

But are the graphics on this new Zelda going to change at all? Or just the layout of the Wii-mote thing?