Blink-182 Collectors Thread

monkey_boy182

On 6/14/2019 at 7:13 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Also, I’m interested in: OG Buddha Tape, OG blink Cheshire cd (pre 182), Wasting Time single, Apple Shampoo single if anyone is moving any... 

pre-182 CC's show up on discogs from time to time. they've even sold for less than $50. just set up an alert for your wantlist.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, thought I would share my Blink pick collection. Most of it is earlier days (Enema/TOYPAJ) but there are some newer and reunion stuff in there. Got a couple from Skiba on the EOTS tour but forgot to add them in to the photo. As I've been collecting I was a bit surprised at not only how many different ones there are, but variations of them too (whether its the smiley face or simply blink 182 written, or variants on the Dunlop logo). 

Still have quite a way to go. Those new EOTS picks are really great but hard to find at a decent price. 

Here they are, front and back.1-2.jpg

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

@Sirwesker so rad!!! I found an awesome pick frame display on eBay a few weeks ago, highly recommend:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283279052618

Also I have a spare Vegas one I’d trade if you have any duplicates.

Thanks! That displau appears to be a Plectrum Spectrum. They sell a bunch on Reverb. I just ordered a 11x14 54 pick display last week. Should be here tomorrow then I can finally properly display them.

I'd love a Vegas pick, but all I have for trade at the moment is a Skiba pick I got at the EOTS tour a couple weeks ago.

• Like 1

Odd question: 

Does anyone know if the CD singles that came out for Dude Ranch and EOTS, with the live bonus tracks, were those live tracks ever duplicates of other recordings? Or were they all different? Also, are the recordings of Zulu and Wrecked him on the Wasting Time, Dick Lips and Dammit singles all the same as each other and the same recording as the Uranus album?

1 hour ago, Sirwesker said:

Also, are the recordings of Zulu and Wrecked him on the Wasting Time, Dick Lips and Dammit singles all the same as each other and the same recording as the Uranus album?

hello,

the versions of "wrecked him" and "zulu" on any CD that you find (and this includes the first japanese pressing of cheshire cat) are all the same recordings from they came to conquer uranus. the "lemmings" on the aforementioned japanese CC is the 7" version (which was recorded during the uranus sessions, along with the cover of the "good times" theme song which is on the australian apple shampoo CD single). the mastering levels are slightly different depending on which CD you're talking about, but the recording and mix are the same on all.

FYI the uranus version of "waggy" mastered for CD is only available on the MOM music for our mother ocean compilation (1996):

https://www.discogs.com/Various-MOM-Music-For-Our-Mother-Ocean/master/401175

if you need further information, discogs is a good resource for this sort of thing.

• Like 3

Not sure if its ever been mentioned before, but I noticed something kinda fun. I've been looking at collecting all of their commercially available live recordings, most of which was put on non-US singles.

I noticed the Adams Song single live tracks were recorded at the same concert as the Mark, Tom and Travis Show. BUT, as we know the MT&TS was recorded over 2 days. So the Adams Song single is a different version of those songs. Going Away, Adams Song and Wendy Clear on the MT&TS were recorded on Nov 4, while they were recorded on the single on Nov 5. So its a bit of an alternate version of MT&TS.

hello there this is my wantlist. If you have to sell or trade something hit me with a message!

Wish list

Blink-182 - M+M's  

Blink-182 - Buddha Promo Advance (Kung Fu Records - 78765-2)

Blink* - Cheshire Cat cassette

Blink-182 - Bored To Death (BMG - PROMOBMG1238

Blink-182 - Down (Geffen Records - 602498628478)

Blink-182 - Stay Together For The Kids (MCA Records - 115 923-2)

Blink-182 - The Rock Show (MCA Records, Inc. - CDP781-2)      

• 6 months later...