Blink-182 Collectors Thread

monkey_boy182

Never underestimate the spending power of a Blink collector. I would laugh at the $350 big bunny  and say how crazy overpriced it was and now they are worth, what $1000? or more?

I was wrong. There I said it.

I still maintain that one day the whole thing will run out of gas and some guys will have spent about $10K on a collection that even the garbage men don't want. But I could be wrong again.

19 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I'll never understand multiple copies of the same thing IE Vinyl, CDs, Singles etc. 

I can understand vinyl. I have some repeat copies of blink albums. One Dude Ranch is a HT splatter. I played the shit out of it and it wasn't the best pressing to begin with so i also bought the SRC deluxe edition of it since it sounds much much better. Same with the self titled; bought the SRC even though I had the MTTS pressing.

There could be numerous reasons for multiple copies: Frame and hang one, one to be played, one to keep for later for when the playable copy wears down and you can no longer find/buy the album.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Decided to lay these out to see what I had last night:

BwhSHGb.jpg

I'm very tempted to bring Short Bus with me to get signed by Mark when I have the ETGBF package in a few weeks... But I'm also extremely worried it may get damaged if I can't run it to the car before the show. Thoughts?

• Like 2

On 4/14/2017 at 9:15 AM, ryan1125 said:

BwhSHGb.jpg

I'm very tempted to bring Short Bus with me to get signed by Mark when I have the ETGBF package in a few weeks... But I'm also extremely worried it may get damaged if I can't run it to the car before the show. Thoughts?

Do it. Bring a small bag and put it in a cardboard mailer. Pad it up with bubblewrap. It'll be fine. I've taken vinyl jackets to shows before. 

@boxelder it's the splatter repress that came out 2-3 years ago, I believe the original was a "swirl"!

@Dook I'd love to bring vinyl to get signed but the size of those scared me even more than the safety of Short Bus. Did you just bring the sleeves and they let you bring in some sort of large bag with them in it? I'm going to ask Mark if he can use his authority to have them let me run my shit to the car before the show lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for three things, maybe somebody wanna sell:

- Blink signed Self Titled poster

- Blink signed drumkit from the Cali preorder

- AVA Love movie poster (preferable signed)

Maybe somebody wants to sell any of those. 

• 9 months later...

i bought a original cargo music vinyl pressing of dude ranch on discogs for $50. it arrived today and turns out it was a totally sealed promo copy. listening to it now. just like the original cheshire cat pressing, it sounds so much better than the garbage represses that have been put. surely this has to do with the fact that it was mastered in the 90s from analog sources as opposed to digital files.

i guess my most prized blink possessions at the moment are:

Cheshire Cat - OG Pressing

TCTCU - Black OG Pressing

Lemmings - Black OG Pressing

Dude Ranch - OG Pressing

i just gotta hunt down Short Bus and the original color variants of TCTCU/Lemmings and i'll be set. a buddha demo tape would be cool too. over a decade of patience has allowed me to find all of these things for pretty cheap. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 6:15 AM, Ry-Bread said:

BwhSHGb.jpg

What’s the etgbf package?

3 hours ago, Kevin. said:

i bought a original cargo music vinyl pressing of dude ranch on discogs for $50.

son of a bitch. lol. guess i just didnt see that one or i wouldve grabbed it. was it NM or something? did it specify that it was sealed?

edit: nvm, just looked under the selling history on there. nice work! how much was your cheshire btw? i would die to get ahold of that some day, but i'm like you, i'm not looking to blow hundreds on that type of thing

19 hours ago, boxelder said:

son of a bitch. lol. guess i just didnt see that one or i wouldve grabbed it. was it NM or something? did it specify that it was sealed?

edit: nvm, just looked under the selling history on there. nice work! how much was your cheshire btw? i would die to get ahold of that some day, but i'm like you, i'm not looking to blow hundreds on that type of thing

i got cheshire on ebay for $80 like six years ago. the guy i bought dude ranch from selling his sealed copy of cheshire on there for $150 which seems fair considering it's new 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...