Blink-182 Collectors Thread

monkey_boy182

I’m not sure if I’ve even seen a TOYPAJ hoody, but I’d check eBay first. Or wait two years until the 20th anniversary and lord knows there will be some lol.

While I’m in here, 2 of the 3 new SRC +44 presses are now shipping...

Also, I’m interested in: OG Buddha Tape, OG blink Cheshire cd (pre 182), Wasting Time single, Apple Shampoo single if anyone is moving any... 

Thanks @Ry-Bread . I have been checking the web and ebay intermittently since around 2009 and have never found a genuine one. I think the originals were Fruit of the Loom. I thought I had found some one time on Amazon so I ordered three and they turned out to he bad quality fakes. 

If anyone sees this and has or knows someone with one they are willing to sell please think of me!

Hi guys and gals. I am Jakes182 from South Africa. Cant remember my login details... Lol. Can anyone tell me if sealed cassette tapes of Enema of the State, Dude Ranch and Take Off your Pants and Jacket is worth anything? There is no market in South Africa for Blink items so I thought I will ask here. All 3 is still sealed and 1st pressings when the albums were release. All 3 is American Editions. Enema cassette stll has the red cross on the nurse hat.

Ry- im interested, which items have you personally got signed? Versus which have you 'purchased' as signed? And what is your top desired item to hopefully get signed at both the upcoming blink, and ava M&G's?

(Mine are all 'purchases'.... Strange Creatures picture by Mark/Alex via the vinyl pre-order, and WDNTW/Empire/Nightmares vinyls by Tom via TTS). Still trying to decide on what my top hopes are for upcoming vip's.

@Marik most my stuff is listed in the signature thread, too much to even list. 

As for the M&G, I’m still kinda debating... on one hand I’d like them all to sign one item, but I already have Cali/DLX cds signed, and Cali vinyl... so my only option would be DLX vinyl (Which I don’t want to carry around), or photo/ticket...

If I knew up front we were allowed 1 item, I’m considering getting Mark/Trav on an Untitled CD I have signed by Tom which would complete it... and just having Skiba sign a trio cd. Problem is, I really want my Simple Creatures cd signed, but don’t want to have separate things for all 3.

For AVA, I think I’m going to try and complete my TOYPAJ/Short Bus vinyl, both of which need Tom. It sucks because there won’t be anything for all 4 of them to sign that would make sense... Ilan started on Dream Walker, Which David isn’t on, and the touring bassist isn’t on anything lol. David would be cool to get on BCR.

Thats exactly the senario im playing thru. Getting them all to sign one thing is easiest, but only option for that is Cali- which is not my fav album. Getting Enema or Untitled, im imagining if i can really skip matt like that. Then bring it for Tom, and skip all those ava guys too. Or just +44 so its all done after blink? Or Boxcar with travis, and then Tom/dave. And i cant help but consider what these big rich rockstars will feel about it. Will matt feel lonely not signing older blink stuff, will tom be annoyed signing only blink stuff at ava show, etc

I’ve also considered getting my Funkos signed, but wish Matt had one... but then part of me also thinks it’d be cool to get EOTS signed since it’s 20th Anniversary...

I feel your pain, it’s tough. Especially when we don’t know if they’ll sign and they probably won’t lol.

He’ll def sign it if you want, I’ve seen him sign plenty of old blink stuff. But @Marik he’s totally cool not signing it too... I didn’t have him sign my TOYPAJ and it was no big deal, just bring a Trio cd for him. He’ll be happy to see it. 

Or have him sign it, and Tom sign it, and you’ll probably be the only person with all 4 on it. I’ve considered this as well.

@Marik if EOTS is your ultimate goal, I would do this:

-Have Trav/Mark sign it, Matt a Trio cd

-Have Tom sign it, and full AVA on a ticket/poster/whatever

You pretty much gotta expect one at MOST from Blink VIP. AVA from past experiences look like they’ll sign several things since it’s more intimate than assembly line photo op... Tom won’t care at all that you brought a blink item.

EOTS totally makes sense with this 20th anni. But ive even considered that the colors of the album cover itself mean that 3 randomly placed signatures probly wont stand out very well. I know you could always try to bring along a silver sharpie specifically, but realistically 'if' they are signing anything, it will be quick assembly line, and they likely will have a black sharpie in their hand already and be signing it before u even spit out a pen color request.

So im thinking Untitled might be the better whitewhale item to shoot for cuz the cover colors will look better with autographs on it. (Admitedly TOYPAJ would look brilliant with 3 silver colored signatures, but just less of an iconic cover overall, for man-cave display purposes).

On the other hand, Cali cover would look great with signatures too, but just not as good of album. But era-wise, it would accurately reflect the time period of meeting them and the current line-up.

Wow, i am looking into this a tad much...

• Like 1

Trio cd is a good suggestion too.

'IF' we're allowed 1 item, you could easily have a trio cd booklet secretly attached (scotch-taped) to the backside of a blink vinyl/cd. That way security wont detect, and you can quickly flip it over for Matt.

I just dont want the poor guy to feel like a lowly outsider if you ask for Mark and Travis, and then when he goes to sign himself, you stop him saying  "no, thats okay, pls dont" 

I wouldn’t worry about the marker, you could definitely hand them one. I also don’t think Untitled is too much better in black than EOTS would be. Could bring the vinyl which has more space.

If you bring Trio, get Matt first and get it out of the way. I also don’t think they’ll be counting your items, in all likelihood it’ll be like before where you had to leave everything on a table...so you may just wanna have two album sleeves in your pocket.

To make matters worse, I just ordered the new +44 presses from SRC and would love to see the pink one signed lol. 

I bought a gold copy of California Deluxe for a pretty penny on eBay in anticipation of getting it signed by the guys on this tour.

I’m glad I have a hall pass so I can make this a crown jewel for my collection lol.

I sorta want to ask if they could write my name on it somewhere since I don’t plan on ever selling it but I feel like that might be too much to ask...

46 minutes ago, BCRplus44 said:

I bought a gold copy of California Deluxe for a pretty penny on eBay in anticipation of getting it signed by the guys on this tour.

I’m glad I have a hall pass so I can make this a crown jewel for my collection lol.

I sorta want to ask if they could write my name on it somewhere since I don’t plan on ever selling it but I feel like that might be too much to ask...

You have a #HallPass, go for it. Just say "Would you mind making it To _____?"  I usually ask for "To Ryan" because I think it makes it way cooler, and lets the person know I'm not selling it. This is probably my favorite piece I have for that reason:

PplpZes.jpg

My buddy's drumhead he got is RIDICULOUS:

qFdInZR.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/28/2019 at 12:20 PM, Thibaut182 said:

thanks

On 6/28/2019 at 12:39 PM, Patient #48273 said:

That looks really weird with the black numbers.

yah, it's not the right one it may not even be legit. the one I had before had the front bit way smaller over the left breast and the TOYPAJ icons were different..