OK, how much do you honestly think will get done between AVA/Europe tour?

uknowmeitsmattp

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly didn't either, only reason I brought it up was because of this article from a couple of days ago which says at the end:

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2010/apr/28/bc-mus-delongetb-_-entertainment/?entertainment&national-entertainment

"The band stepped into the studio before its tour last summer and will resume working on the album in June."

I was assuming they got that from Tom, who was the one saying all along it would be 2011 before the album came out, so I thought it was odd he would say that.

Yeah, probably nothing that we'll see, if anything at all. Up All Night would be nice, considering it was supposed to be released like a year ago.

Which reminds me, what ever happened to the new blink song on Travis' album? Is that still happening? I don't follow Travis' non-blink stuff at all.

Also i know Travis said it'll take like 2 weeks for him to get to the UK since he's going by boat from New York i think..

As far as how much they'll get done it depends really...I know mark said in the first interview he gave they were like roughly six songs in..I just hope they can at least finish Up All Night or finish something.

You guys are being two pessimistic.  Tom says they've carefully planned out 2010.  What else could they possibly have penciled in for two and a half months?

I bet they finish up writing, maybe start recording.  They'll record in the fall, and that'll be done.  Tom goes out on tour with AVA and releases the movie after that (it takes 3 months from the time an album is finished to actually be released).  That sets up a blink heavy 2011.

I know it's been tough guys, but you know this wait's not gonna last forever.  They have this thing all scheduled out, it's going to be fine.

i think tom will want to rest from the tour

i dont know, i hope they'll together a little bit

they have to practice a bit for the tour at least!

and how is travis going to europe? boat?

I don't think they'll have to practice alot since it's a festival tour and not an arena tour.. didn't travis fly again? I thought he did, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think they'll start recording after the european tour, I don't see Tom working really hard between the AvA and blink tour. atleast thats not what I would do if I was him... I'd rest in those months

depends what they have to do.  If everything is written, and they just have to record (which seems possible, but not neccesarily likely), they might get it done before the tour, if they're still writing, ha, it will be a long time before we get that delicious new blink album.

i think tom will want to rest from the tour

i dont know, i hope they'll together a little bit

they have to practice a bit for the tour at least!

and how is travis going to europe? boat?

I don't think they'll have to practice alot since it's a festival tour and not an arena tour.. didn't travis fly again? I thought he did, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think they'll start recording after the european tour, I don't see Tom working really hard between the AvA and blink tour. atleast thats not what I would do if I was him... I'd rest in those months

I agree with the practice thing. I don't think Travis has flown unless they kocked him out while he flew for AM's funeral.

Last i read and i can't remember where i read it Travis was taking a boat from New York i think....

Tom wont take a long break, he said himself he constantly needs to be doing something music wise. Id say they COULD get it done. We have no idea how much they may have already done dont forget they have been writing since before they announced the reunion. But i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Tom wont take a long break, he said himself he constantly needs to be doing something music wise. Id say they COULD get it done. We have no idea how much they may have already done dont forget they have been writing since before they announced the reunion. But i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Exactly!

I would expect a lot of blink activity prior to the tour...including the release of the blinkumentary over the summer, which should hold us over pretty well.

i dont think there will be an hour in the day where im not watching that haha

I may just have to buy about 10 copys...That thing may just be on autoplay from the moment i buy it haha

Guest kenticus69

Also i know Travis said it'll take like 2 weeks for him to get to the UK since he's going by boat from New York i think..

As far as how much they'll get done it depends really...I know mark said in the first interview he gave they were like roughly six songs in..I just hope they can at least finish Up All Night or finish something.

yeah travis and the boat thing......problematic, but i can see why he does it.  It would be funny as shit though if mark and tom traveled on the boat with him and they recorded or worked on songs while they were cruising across the atlantic.  Would definitely make for an interesting work environment. 

I figure they start working in June on new music, and they do not have to rehearse too much as they just toured last year and will likely use the same setlist so it's just a matter of running the order a buncha times and letting it fall into place.  Any musician knows this and knows that if it's a band you've played with in the last year or so, you can pretty easily fall back into the songs that you did the last time you were together.  I'd expect June and July to be busy months in their lives of writing and also reviewing the material from last year as well as checking out each person's individual material like tom's riff from modcam from forever ago.

in terms of blinkumentary, seems like a deadline is looming and the hndsmrndsm guys keep posting stuff on twitter about it with far more consistency than this past fall, which to me implies that they need to have this done in time for a later summer/early fall release as a leadup to a new album.  I'm going to trust tom and the gang when they say it is all carefully planned out as I'm sure they've had numerous meetings about what 2010 means for blink, ava, and all their lives.  the wait will end.  It's just a matter of how long.  at worst, new record in a year?  wishful thinking.