***OFFICIAL*** IRON MAN 2 Thread

Awardude

Now that it's out, this should be the official thread to discuss what you thought about the movie and where you think it might go next.  What's everyone's opinions?

Mine? Not as good as the first film, but RDJ delivers!  More so as Tony Stark than as Iron Man.  He completely takes your full attention whenever he's present. There wasn't one moment in the film that was boring or slow.  It kept a nice pace.  Some may think it was too fast and that there were too many plot lines going on...  I don't.

I'd give it an 8/10.

So stoked for the Avengers movie too!

Stick around for the end credits. You get to see a hint at what's up next for Marvel(as if you don't already read IMDB) :-P

Wow, I looooved the first one and this one blew that one out of the water. Loved every moment of it.

Got real bummed out when I saw DJ AM though :/  but it was nice at the same time.

that was soo good. and im so happy i watched all the credits :)

Watching all those credits felt so exhausting at 2am this morning... Kinda crazy to think like over 1,000+ people had a hand in that movie... it felt like it was never going to show the teaser for the Avengers.

Fun and likeable, but kind of sloppy.

Overall, a few steps below the first. And, I don't want to be "that guy," but Marvel still fails to make anything that even comes close to DC's best efforts.

COMPLETELY false.

I don't know if I liked the first or second better. Avengers references were awesome, and I thought those fucking credits would never end.

It's amazing, regardless. Check it out for sure.

I assure you, everything I said was completely true.

Perhaps you'd like to explain your position more?

There's no way that DC makes better movies than Marvel.

Sure, the first Hulk, I'll admit that was shit. The Batman movies we're legit - and i've heard good things about watchmen. but Marvel just steps it up so much more. Iron Man, X-men, Spiderman, Blade, Daredevil, The remake of The Hulk.

All so great.

Daredevil sucked ass.

I'd say DC has a higher quality to quantity ratio, but Marvel has put up some awesome movies.  The first 2 Spiderman movies, the first 2 X-Men movies, Iron Man, The Punisher (I didn't think it was as bad as everyone claimed it to be).

Batman Begins wasn't that special, but The Dark Knight and Watchmen were amazing.

I'm not saying that Marvel doesn't make good, fun movies. They do, and I love many of them. It's just just that none of them so far will ever be considered classics as time goes on in the way that Superman '78 and Batman '89 are today, and the Nolan movies will in the future.

Marvel movies usually start and end with superhero drama/action. They never take any time to develop themes, speak about the human condition, or create a unique style of their own.

definitely loved this one better than the first.

it always had my attention and i love the avengers references throughout it

agree with everything you said, and always love staying after the credits for all of the teases we get to the avengers. also loved tony using captain americas shield to level out the pipes he set up. and for those who didn't know or what not, the incredible hulk takes place after iron man 1 and 2.

actually what i meant was, the very last scene we see after the credits in TIH takes place after Iron Man 2. But the movie TIH actually takes place during Iron Man 2. Spoilers ahead

at the end of iron man 2 when Tony is at the shield headquarters if you noticed on one of the tv screens is footage from the college campus from TIH. WHen the hulk has his first encounter during the day with General Ross. This shows that the events of TIH happen during the events of Iron Man 2, more so towards the end of the film. And then there are other theories about Thor. For those that saw iron man 2 and stayed after the credits you know that in New Mexico Agent Coulson finds a crater. In this crater we see the hammer of Thor, Mjolinr. And after we see the hammer the screen goes black and we heard the sound of thunder and lightining. The hammer of Thor made such an impact falling to earth that it left the giant crater, and we all know only Thor can movie his hammer. Also captain america can as well. Now during TIH there are two scenes in which there are thunderstorms. Towards the middle after the fight at the campus, Hulk takes betty to that cave. Hulk throws a large rock into the sky after hearing thunder. Then it begins to rain and thunder and lighting, theory that Thor starts this storm. And at the end of the movie after the fight with Abomination, the helicopter going on fire. Once it goes on fire the rain begins and puts it out, another belief that Thor is behind this. Plus captain america was also frozen under the ice in the alternate opening for TIH. All these easter eggs and what not are so awesome, just good to see marvel building this all together so well. IF you wanna read more about Iron Man 2 easter eggs/avengers references go here

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=336295

actually what i meant was, the very last scene we see after the credits in TIH takes place after Iron Man 2. But the movie TIH actually takes place during Iron Man 2. Spoilers ahead

at the end of iron man 2 when Tony is at the shield headquarters if you noticed on one of the tv screens is footage from the college campus from TIH. WHen the hulk has his first encounter during the day with General Ross. This shows that the events of TIH happen during the events of Iron Man 2, more so towards the end of the film. And then there are other theories about Thor. For those that saw iron man 2 and stayed after the credits you know that in New Mexico Agent Coulson finds a crater. In this crater we see the hammer of Thor, Mjolinr. And after we see the hammer the screen goes black and we heard the sound of thunder and lightining. The hammer of Thor made such an impact falling to earth that it left the giant crater, and we all know only Thor can movie his hammer. Also captain america can as well. Now during TIH there are two scenes in which there are thunderstorms. Towards the middle after the fight at the campus, Hulk takes betty to that cave. Hulk throws a large rock into the sky after hearing thunder. Then it begins to rain and thunder and lighting, theory that Thor starts this storm. And at the end of the movie after the fight with Abomination, the helicopter going on fire. Once it goes on fire the rain begins and puts it out, another belief that Thor is behind this. Plus captain america was also frozen under the ice in the alternate opening for TIH. All these easter eggs and what not are so awesome, just good to see marvel building this all together so well. IF you wanna read more about Iron Man 2 easter eggs/avengers references go here

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=336295

you forgot to mention Captain America's fucking shield that tony uses to level his tube.