***OFFICIAL*** IRON MAN 2 Thread

Awardude

I'm not saying that Marvel doesn't make good, fun movies. They do, and I love many of them. It's just just that none of them so far will ever be considered classics as time goes on in the way that Superman '78 and Batman '89 are today, and the Nolan movies will in the future.

Marvel movies usually start and end with superhero drama/action. They never take any time to develop themes, speak about the human condition, or create a unique style of their own.

Alright, that's understandable.

I like straight up action when it comes to superhero movies, but I can see where you're coming from.

Why doesn't anyone remember that Captain America's shield was already in iron man 1...?

it was in 1 too? i know i DEFINITELY saw it in 2 but where was it there?

i mentioned tony using his shield to level out the pipe in an earlier post. the shield was in both movies. laying around down in tony's room there. pretty sure it was a basic protoype that tony was working on or possibly a leftover prototype from his father Howard. I was in a thread on another forum discussing this and pretty sure in iron man 2 the shield was either in the trunk of tony's father stuff or it looked like it but was just probably laying around. I beleive it was just lying around from the first movie in tony's room. Agent Coulson finds it and immediately knows what it is, shocked to see that Tony actually has a prototype of it. Loved the connections between all these films