Blink 182 SELF TITLED 2x12'' vinyl

n i k u

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its 2 lps. side A B on the first one,  C and D on the second one, and D will be etched.

usually gatefolds that are 2 lps are over $20..not to mention they are printing the ENTIRE booklet as well.

fml.  Jesus Christ why can't they just put it on one?  Not like i'm ever going to listen anyway.  Thanks for explaining man.

Why a second lp?  That seems uneccesary unless it comes with something extra?  Only thing I could think of is a live show, but I can't imagine thats what it is, I'm very puzzled by the second lp.

Having said that, I'm so gonna get the pink/green swirl one, sounds fuckin tight!

Also, hope it has Not Now, but that is by no means a deal breaker if its not there.

CANT WAIT!!!

seriously though whats on the other lp?  Anyone have any ideas?  THe album itself with Not Now comes in at about 50 minutes, which easily fits on a single vinyl.

Maybe this would be how they first want Up All Night to be released?  Only 3000 fans would get it... seems plausible.  Especially with a July 13th release.  Or else like I suggested, a live show, maybe one circa 2004?  I would love a live show from the '04 North American tour.

you. are. fucking. retarded. m!ke PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE KIDDING. BLINK 182 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. THIS IS THROUGH MIGHTIER AND SWORD RECORDS AND NOTHING ELSE. why do you think mark has not said anything about it on his twitter? its the cd, and nothing else, and they are splitting it between a vinyl AND A HALF. the whole cd would fit perfectly, and they did that so that they could put the sweet etching on the back. you must be RETARDED if you think up all night will come on this..and a live show wouldnt even fit, if you knew ANYTHING about vinyl.

also, atticusfsas, i gotta say this....its pretty pathetic that you wouldnt even listen to it. vinyl is meant to be played, not framed on a wall or just looked at.

oMg ThErE iS aCtUaLlY mUsIc oN tHeSe?!?!?  :roll: :roll:

you. are. fucking. retarded. m!ke PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE KIDDING. BLINK 182 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. THIS IS THROUGH MIGHTIER AND SWORD RECORDS AND NOTHING ELSE. why do you think mark has not said anything about it on his twitter? its the cd, and nothing else, and they are splitting it between a vinyl AND A HALF. the whole cd would fit perfectly, and they did that so that they could put the sweet etching on the back. you must be RETARDED if you think up all night will come on this..and a live show wouldnt even fit, if you knew ANYTHING about vinyl.

also, atticusfsas, i gotta say this....its pretty pathetic that you wouldnt even listen to it. vinyl is meant to be played, not framed on a wall or just looked at.

oMg ThErE iS aCtUaLlY mUsIc oN tHeSe?!?!?   :roll: :roll:

Why the hell would I play it when I have the CD?  Why would I get a record player to play 1 vinyl? 

oMg ThErE iS aCtUaLlY mUsIc oN tHeSe?!?!?   :roll: :roll:

Uh tard burger, Blink absolutely has to approve of these, they talked about the enema one, the MTS guys have to talk with them make sure its ok, and work out a deal so the guys can make money off of it.  I know a few things about vinyl and know that a 50 minute album does indeed fit on both sides of a single LP.  Indeed, a 12 inch vinyl can hold up to 30 minutes on each side.  There would be no fucking reason to split that up between 2 lps, talk about inconvenient!  

It may not be a live show, but it could be a few live songs, or some b-sides, or yes a new song, after all they had to approve, and maybe they thought this would be the coolest way to first get a new song out there (look where we first heard violence from).  you're a retard if you think blink has absolutely nothing to do with this.  

by the way, to those wondering, the sound quality on a vinyl is the same as that on the master tapes.  All other formats are done in some sort of digitial way, be it CD or .mp3.  CDs and .mp3s suffer from the fact that digital media have max and min values for vocal ranges that can be conserved before you get some digital disturbance within the sound.  Its really hard to notice this if you've been listening to cds and mp3s your whole life, but it is there, and the fact of the matter is, unless you have the master tapes (and a way to play them), nothing will sound quite as good as listening to music pressed on a vinyl, still though the difference is very minor, its up to you if its worth it to have the vinyl for listening or not, I prefer it when I can, but will default to cds and mp3s when vinyl isn't available.

Why the hell would I play it when I have the CD?  Why would I get a record player to play 1 vinyl? 

then you shouldnt be buying vinyl.

Uh tard burger, Blink absolutely has to approve of these, they talked about the enema one, the MTS guys have to talk with them make sure its ok, and work out a deal so the guys can make money off of it.  I know a few things about vinyl and know that a 50 minute album does indeed fit on both sides of a single LP.  Indeed, a 12 inch vinyl can hold up to 30 minutes on each side.  There would be no fucking reason to split that up between 2 lps, talk about inconvenient! 

It may not be a live show, but it could be a few live songs, or some b-sides, or yes a new song, after all they had to approve, and maybe they thought this would be the coolest way to first get a new song out there (look where we first heard violence from).  you're a retard if you think blink has absolutely nothing to do with this. 

by the way, to those wondering, the sound quality on a vinyl is the same as that on the master tapes.  All other formats are done in some sort of digitial way, be it CD or .mp3.  CDs and .mp3s suffer from the fact that digital media have max and min values for vocal ranges that can be conserved before you get some digital disturbance within the sound.  Its really hard to notice this if you've been listening to cds and mp3s your whole life, but it is there, and the fact of the matter is, unless you have the master tapes (and a way to play them), nothing will sound quite as good as listening to music pressed on a vinyl, still though the difference is very minor, its up to you if its worth it to have the vinyl for listening or not, I prefer it when I can, but will default to cds and mp3s when vinyl isn't available.

you are seriously stupid. MTS just BUYS the rights to press this to vinyl, thats it. thats HOW blink makes money off it. its not like they are HEY MTS LETS JUST WORK TOGETHER AND TAKE A CUT OF EACH VINYL. NO, mts just hits up blinks people, in this case the label that OWNS this music, and says, hey let us buy rights to press this, so they pay them and thats that. theres no way this would have b sides or new songs or live shows...its the cd and that is it.

and dont try and tell me about vinyl. im a collector that ACTUALLY LISTENS to my vinyl, and i know it could easily fit on 1 LP, but they are doing it to include the etching, like i said before.

you people seriously make me ashamed to share the same fact that were blink fans.

Uh tard burger, Blink absolutely has to approve of these, they talked about the enema one, the MTS guys have to talk with them make sure its ok, and work out a deal so the guys can make money off of it.  I know a few things about vinyl and know that a 50 minute album does indeed fit on both sides of a single LP.  Indeed, a 12 inch vinyl can hold up to 30 minutes on each side.  There would be no fucking reason to split that up between 2 lps, talk about inconvenient! 

It may not be a live show, but it could be a few live songs, or some b-sides, or yes a new song, after all they had to approve, and maybe they thought this would be the coolest way to first get a new song out there (look where we first heard violence from).  you're a retard if you think blink has absolutely nothing to do with this. 

by the way, to those wondering, the sound quality on a vinyl is the same as that on the master tapes.  All other formats are done in some sort of digitial way, be it CD or .mp3.  CDs and .mp3s suffer from the fact that digital media have max and min values for vocal ranges that can be conserved before you get some digital disturbance within the sound.  Its really hard to notice this if you've been listening to cds and mp3s your whole life, but it is there, and the fact of the matter is, unless you have the master tapes (and a way to play them), nothing will sound quite as good as listening to music pressed on a vinyl, still though the difference is very minor, its up to you if its worth it to have the vinyl for listening or not, I prefer it when I can, but will default to cds and mp3s when vinyl isn't available.

you are seriously stupid. MTS just BUYS the rights to press this to vinyl, thats it. thats HOW blink makes money off it. its not like they are HEY MTS LETS JUST WORK TOGETHER AND TAKE A CUT OF EACH VINYL. NO, mts just hits up blinks people, in this case the label that OWNS this music, and says, hey let us buy rights to press this, so they pay them and thats that. theres no way this would have b sides or new songs or live shows...its the cd and that is it.

and dont try and tell me about vinyl. im a collector that ACTUALLY LISTENS to my vinyl, and i know it could easily fit on 1 LP, but they are doing it to include the etching, like i said before.

you people seriously make me ashamed to share the same fact that were blink fans.

That really isn't for you to decide is it?  :roll:

Why the hell would I play it when I have the CD?  Why would I get a record player to play 1 vinyl?  

Uh tard burger, Blink absolutely has to approve of these, they talked about the enema one, the MTS guys have to talk with them make sure its ok, and work out a deal so the guys can make money off of it.  I know a few things about vinyl and know that a 50 minute album does indeed fit on both sides of a single LP.  Indeed, a 12 inch vinyl can hold up to 30 minutes on each side.  There would be no fucking reason to split that up between 2 lps, talk about inconvenient!  

It may not be a live show, but it could be a few live songs, or some b-sides, or yes a new song, after all they had to approve, and maybe they thought this would be the coolest way to first get a new song out there (look where we first heard violence from).  you're a retard if you think blink has absolutely nothing to do with this.  

by the way, to those wondering, the sound quality on a vinyl is the same as that on the master tapes.  All other formats are done in some sort of digitial way, be it CD or .mp3.  CDs and .mp3s suffer from the fact that digital media have max and min values for vocal ranges that can be conserved before you get some digital disturbance within the sound.  Its really hard to notice this if you've been listening to cds and mp3s your whole life, but it is there, and the fact of the matter is, unless you have the master tapes (and a way to play them), nothing will sound quite as good as listening to music pressed on a vinyl, still though the difference is very minor, its up to you if its worth it to have the vinyl for listening or not, I prefer it when I can, but will default to cds and mp3s when vinyl isn't available.

I listen to my vinyls too, wtf are you talking about?  And fine, the etching is nice, but by your description then, we would be receiving a side C with nothing on it!   Yes they buy the rights, but how the fuck do you know that when they bought the rights, blink said or didn't say go ahead and throw the new song on?  I mean for as cool as the etching is, I'm not for it if all it is is a blank disc on one side and the smiley on the other, I guess I could hang that on the wall, but still seems like a waste and a way for them to make more money.  And it would be really stupid to split the 50 minute album up onto 3 sides.  

At least agree with me that something about that doesn't seem right.  I understand how you believe no deal could possibly have been made.  But I think that one could have and this is where we'll have to agree to disagree.  by the way next time, don't talk down to me like I have no idea what vinyls are or how to use them, don't be a jackass and assume things like that, cuz you couldn't be more off, I fucking grew up with the medium around me, my dad had a vinyl player and both my brothers did, I grew up with it, and so I eventually too got my own vinyl player, cuz I loved the sound quality so much.

By the way, the fact that MTS has shit like this http://mtsrecords.com/blog/2010/02/19/mountain-man-one-10-pre-orders-up-now-exclusive-t-shirt-and-poster-bundles/ with exclusive t-shirts and posters, just proves that they don't simply just make the vinyls and nothing else, they clearly talk with management or even the band to work out ways to make the product cooler/more appealing.  So therefor, in this case, a bonus LP with some sort of extra music on one side and an etching on the other is not out of the question.

You can't buy vinyl if you don't listen to it!?

Are you fucking serious.

I think I outsmarted him with logic, ukin was totally viewing this topic for like 10 minutes or so, and now he's left the blink forum.

I have to point out that I'm not saying there will be anything extra at all.  HOWEVER, the fact that there is a second LP for an album that only needs one, is fishy to say the least, its not like Enema came with a bonus etching, and that was pressed for being the 10th anniversary, something to celebrate where you'd expect some little bonus or something.  They're just pressing untitled because they can and the fans want it.  Furthermore, the fact that MTS has been working with labels and/or bands/management to distribute packs of LPs with exclusive t shirts and posters shows that some sort of bonus is possible with this pressing.  Again though, I'm not saying there is or will be a new song or a short live set or anything of the like, but I am saying it is a possibility, especially since there is an etching on only one side of the second LP, why would they let the other side go to waste, and they certainly wouldn't needlessly make the album span 3 sides when it can fit on 2 (a single LP).

they wouldnt make side c blank, just cause one side can hold up to 30 min on it doesnt mean they will put 30 minutes on it. obviously they will make it so the cd will be on all sides A B and C

and i wasnt saying you know nothing about vinyl, im saying that it is completely retarded to think they would put new music on this vinyl. blink has NOTHING to do with this, other than selling the rights.....so its dumb to think a new song would come out on this

and fuck you dude sorry i cant LIVE on these boards like you, and not answer within your "10 min allocated time" im at with friends, i cant believe im even taking the time to come on here to try and tell you how stupid you are from my phone.

You can't buy vinyl if you don't listen to it!?

Are you fucking serious.

i didnt say that. i said its dumb. obviously he can buy it if he wants, but it takes away a chance from someone that ACTUALLY WANTS TO LISTEN TO THIS ON VINYL

luckily there will be 4000 of these so people can buy it and just put it on their wall or whatever the fuck lame people that buy vinyl not to listen to it do.

they wouldnt make side c blank, just cause one side can hold up to 30 min on it doesnt mean they will put 30 minutes on it. obviously they will make it so the cd will be on all sides A B and C

and i wasnt saying you know nothing about vinyl, im saying that it is completely retarded to think they would put new music on this vinyl. blink has NOTHING to do with this, other than selling the rights.....so its dumb to think a new song would come out on this

and fuck you dude sorry i cant LIVE on these boards like you, and not answer within your "10 min allocated time" im at with friends, i cant believe im even taking the time to come on here to try and tell you how stupid you are from my phone.

I'm studying and using this argument as a good little distraction between lecture slides. And I saw you viewing this thread for a good 10 minutes or so, then leave, seemed like you were throwing in the towel, but then you come back with the same argument even though i just pointed out how stupid it is.

Seriously there is no way they'd put the album on 3 sides when it fits on 2, not only does that not make sense, it would piss off the fans that are going to listen to it on vinyl (such as myself).

And until you can submit proof of blink having nothing to do with this but giving the rights, then you fail to convince me otherwise. Because as I pointed out, MTS have worked with other bands to offer exclusive t shirts and posters with orders. No reason a shirt can't be replaced with a new track, especially when there is space for it. I don't even see why you're so against the idea, it would be a really cool way for a new song to get distributed, and a good time for it to be released at that (right before the UK tour).

BTW, someone should unban M!ke, he didn't do anything wrong, just said things that niku disagreed with.  He may not even be right about anything extra on the LP and we all know it, but it is a possibility and he proved it.