The Official FIFA World-Cup 2010 Thread

Rickay

i can't wait for Rooney to knock in another 30 goals next season and shut everyone up again

If that comment is about me, I think Rooney is incredible in the Prem, he just cannot replicate that form for England. Therefore to me, he is not world class yet. Every game Messi isn't phenomenal in for Argentina people get on his back, yet Rooney is England's savior.

Rooney hasn't scored since 30th March 2010 for club or country, you can contest that Heskey shouldn't go, but Rooney was not even close to being in form before the WC started.

he's only played in 3 games since the 30th March 2010 before the WC!

Exactly my point, why were England using him when he clearly wasn't ready. He can't score in big tournaments and wasn't fit or in form.

A half-fit Wayne Rooney is worth starting purely because he is that good, i doubt all the other strikers would have offered much seeing as the crossing/passing was soo poor. Leaving him out with inevitable failure would have caused media uproar. I think he was ready. just wasn't used properly, the same goes for Gerrard playing out wide left - its not where they are strongest.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England is nothing without Rooney, just look at the world cup. Rooney doesn't turn up and you're gash.

The whole team didn't turn up apart from Ashley Cole? so yet another shit point there.

Rooney is integral to England but so are a lot of other players who didn't perform, it was a combination of all these players not being able to replicate their club form at international level that led to us crashing out.

i can't wait for Rooney to knock in another 30 goals next season and shut everyone up again

If that comment is about me, I think Rooney is incredible in the Prem, he just cannot replicate that form for England. Therefore to me, he is not world class yet. Every game Messi isn't phenomenal in for Argentina people get on his back, yet Rooney is England's savior.

Rooney hasn't scored since 30th March 2010 for club or country, you can contest that Heskey shouldn't go, but Rooney was not even close to being in form before the WC started.

Exactly my point, why were England using him when he clearly wasn't ready. He can't score in big tournaments and wasn't fit or in form.

A half-fit Wayne Rooney is worth starting purely because he is that good, i doubt all the other strikers would have offered much seeing as the crossing/passing was soo poor. Leaving him out with inevitable failure would have caused media uproar. I think he was ready. just wasn't used properly, the same goes for Gerrard playing out wide left - its not where they are strongest.

I agree to an extent, the system didn't suit Rooney at all but things like his first touch were really really poor at points and the system doesn't really effect aspects like that, it was a combination of bad system and bad form.

England is nothing without Rooney, just look at the world cup. Rooney doesn't turn up and you're gash.

The whole team didn't turn up apart from Ashley Cole? so yet another shit point there.

Rooney is integral to England but so are a lot of other players who didn't perform, it was a combination of all these players not being able to replicate their club form at international level that led to us crashing out.

We might as well give up on this argument with Scott, we're arguing with a Welsh Man Utd fan about whether his (and sky sports) fav player should be in a team he doesn't support.

I agree to an extent, the system didn't suit Rooney at all but things like his first touch were really really poor at points and the system doesn't really effect aspects like that, it was a combination of bad system and bad form.

I agree.

Typical Poms, if Germany play like they did in the first game they will smash you

Fuck off. Seriously.

EDIT - OK just realised my reply was harsh, so I'd like you to address a couple of points.

1st of all, why are we 'Typical Poms'? Because we've pulled out a result when we needed to when we've played pretty badly at the start of the tournament? History has shown that the best teams tend to start slow and come good as the tournament progresses. But being from Oz I imagine you've never experianced something like that.

2nd of all, the 1st Germany game they only played their best football when they were playing against a 10 man, very average, never gonna qualify Australia team. Hardly spellbounding I'm sure you'd agree.

So before you post all butt hurt again I'd think before hitting the reply button.

HAHAHAHAHA eat shit

i think we can all agree that england are complete bollocks, and any of you who actually expected us to do well, are stupid.

:roll:

Nothing wrong in expecting us to do well, even if it is slightly blind optimism I'd rather be like that than be a pessimistic fuck.

Plenty of shit to be a realist about in life, nothing wrong in believing in something that could of happened.

i think we can all agree that england are complete bollocks, and any of you who actually expected us to do well, are stupid.

:roll:

Nothing wrong in expecting us to do well, even if it is slightly blind optimism I'd rather be like that than be a pessimistic fuck.

Plenty of shit to be a realist about in life, nothing wrong in believing in something that could of happened.

yeah. except it couldn't. because once again it was an embarrassment.

I wasn't expecting to win it overly but I still had faith and got behind my country.

There have been lots of shocks in recent World Cups, e.g France crashing out of the group stage in 2 of the last 3 tournaments? Italy drawing with New Zealand then finishing bottom of the group? Hell even some of the better teams who did get through aren't playing well. You get my point though, cup football is unpredictable and often the best team does not win it, so we always had a chance in my eyes.

Meh maybe I just have a more positive outlook on things than others do.

Alright lads fair enough, i hope he retires from England to be honest. do him the world of good.

and Dan your argument has holes too, robbie keane and podolski have played more games too.

Yes I hope he retires, by saying he is the 2nd best English striker for ability ever and saying he is a great player, that is exactly my point. Fucking hell.

Haha. Calm down boys.