The Official FIFA World-Cup 2010 Thread

Rickay

I know whatyou mean dan and agree partial. Will be a close came if we start playing with full strenght really. If we defeat brasil we will seriously be in a very good race for the championship!

And adri, Llorente... what a player!!! Good sub, i likehim more than torres atm

Yeah def I agree Luc, if Sniejder, Robben and Van Persie are on form you'll ask their back four more than a few questions.

Also agree with the Llorente point, seen him play quite a lot this season in la liga for Bilbao and he reminds me of a real tradtional centre forward, big, strong, holds up the ball well and has an eye for goal!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

netherlands are my favorite team that i always root for once the united states gets out and im real scared about the brazil game. brazil's attack has seemed so deadly even though they havent been playing full caliber.. but then again the dutch havent played their best football and they've been getting the job done.. so i think itll be an awesome game

where is the imaginary card then Dan? the head to head was obviously a joke.

Rooney also admitted on that James Corden show that he got over it because Ronnie wasn't asking for a red just a yellow and that he tried to get Ronnie booked earlier in the match

also you have to laugh at Alan Shearer saying our players never do what portugal did lmao no no what about United then? my own club. always going up to refs, Chelsea too. wanker.

Sorry, if I got that detail wrong, I haven't watched the video in quite a while...he still ran up to the referee though and gestured for a card though as you said, I think any true professional should never try to get a player even booked...if Rooney did it as well then he is also in the wrong then. Ever heard two wrongs don't make a right?

Also you sure about the headbutt? doesn't look like much of a joke to me? I see no laughter or any sense of friendliness?

If you could pull your head out of Ronaldo's arse for one second you'd see that, I'm glad to see him fail on the biggest stage of all...he deserves it.

Sorry, if I got that detail wrong, I haven't watched the video in quite a while...he still ran up to the referee though and gestured for a card though as you said, I think any true professional should never try to get a player even booked...if Rooney did it as well then he is also in the wrong then. Ever heard two wrongs don't make a right?

Also you sure about the headbutt? doesn't look like much of a joke to me? I see no laughter or any sense of friendliness?

If you could pull your head out of Ronaldo's arse for one second you'd see that, I'm glad to see him fail on the biggest stage of all...he deserves it.

course the head to head is a joke, watch it. there is no reaction from Rooney. he knows it's a joke.

if you took your head out of England asshole for a second you'll agree that Rooney deserved to go anyway, he studded the player in the balls for fuck sakes. The game still went to penalties and England bottled it as usual.

Like the reporter says it seems like Ronaldo went into the game with the whole intention of winding Rooney up knowing he has a temper? the head to head was just the start of it.

Also, where did I say Rooney didn't deserve to go? of course he did. Still the decision should be left to the referee, there shouldn't be the players own club teammate calling for cards? or wink at the bench when they do get sent off after you've played a part in it?

Really clutching at straws here Scott, not a case of me being up England's arse, it's the fact that what he did was unsportsman like/disrespectful to a fellow professional let alone on top of supposed friend and teammate.

Ronaldo was a cunt for doing it, but it's not so bad now, he got what he deserved tonight...his country screwed over by another piece of abysmal sportsmanship when he was meant to shine, and like I said, I'm fucking glad.

It just seems to me the English blame Ronaldo for them going out when Rooney was the one who studded someone in the balls lol they're both in the wrong, of course they are, but it's not just Ronaldo that does it is it! i'm sure we'll see West Ham players running up to the ref next season.

It just seems to me the English blame Ronaldo for them going out when Rooney was the one who studded someone in the balls lol they're both in the wrong, of course they are, but it's not just Ronaldo that does it is it! i'm sure we'll see West Ham players running up to the ref next season.

I'm sure we will at some point and I won't like it. I fucking hate it in fact.

I blame Rooney for being immature enough to stud and blame Ronaldo for being enough of a slimeball to provoke throughout. I'll leave it at that.

Typical Poms, if Germany play like they did in the first game they will smash you

Fuck off. Seriously.

EDIT - OK just realised my reply was harsh, so I'd like you to address a couple of points.

1st of all, why are we 'Typical Poms'? Because we've pulled out a result when we needed to when we've played pretty badly at the start of the tournament? History has shown that the best teams tend to start slow and come good as the tournament progresses. But being from Oz I imagine you've never experianced something like that.

2nd of all, the 1st Germany game they only played their best football when they were playing against a 10 man, very average, never gonna qualify Australia team. Hardly spellbounding I'm sure you'd agree.

So before you post all butt hurt again I'd think before hitting the reply button.

HAHAHAHAHA eat shit

Glad you maturely addressed the points. Kudos.

I didn't think your weak points needed to be addressed, however I can do that.

By typical Pom, I mean someone from England who gets carried away with their sporting teams, it is well known that England are possibly the most underachieving sporting country in the world. How many sports have you invented that you struggle to even compete in?

Germany took their foot off the pedal as soon as they had a 4 goal difference, it’s practically worth another point, so they effectively were on 4 points after the first game.

It turned out to be a bad decision because it cost them momentum. However moving to the next round was surely going to be enough to spark them up again.

To say that Australia was never going to qualify is a stretch. They lost to Germany (a great team) in a game where they did not play to their strengths, with ten men, it should really have only been a 2-0 loss at worse. They also drew with Ghana who appear to be in good form. This could have easily, with some luck, been a win.

You got your hopes up that your “teamâ€, and it’s hard to really call them that as they continue to waste opportunities and talent, could beat Germany, I rightly told you that you wouldn’t. You tried to call me out and were proven wrong. I maintain my statement, Eat Shit.

Of course we go in optimistic? We have some of the best club players in the world that do the business week in and week out for their respective teams at the top level. There was no point going into the tournament expecting to get beat, yes the optimism proved to be slighty blind but if the tournament started again I'd still believe we could win it. Part of the fun is the whole buzz and the country getting behind the players through thick and thin.

Australia didn't have much chance in my eyes, I mean Tim Cahill is a good player and there are a few okay ones scattered throughout the team but even Ghana and Serbia are a class above you if we're looking at the teams man for man. Hell Serbias central defence partnership of Vidic and Subotic is probably worth what your whole first eleven is. Of course if I were Aussie I'd go in expecting to get through the group because that's what fans do but tbh I never thought you stood much of a chance, just due to your lack of playing talent.

Guest Millzy

By typical Pom, I mean someone from England who gets carried away with their sporting teams, it is well known that England are possibly the most underachieving sporting country in the world.

Well you say that but England have just won the Fresh Water Angling Championship. How do you like them apples?