The Official FIFA World-Cup 2010 Thread

Rickay

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, really does.

Casillas

Ramos------Pique------Puyol------Capdevila

Alonso

Iniesta-----------Xavi-------------Fabregas

Villa-------Torres

OMFG

Romero

Burdisso------Samuel -----Demichelis-----Heinze

Mascherano-------Veron

Aguero--------------Pastore--------------Messi

Tevez

Defence is a bit dodgy mind.

tbh i don't think Parker is that much better then Carrick. I think Capello's done the right thing by choosing players with the most experience over players who had a good season.

They're different players, Carrick is a great passer and playmaker where Parker is more of a box to box midfielder, I do kind of understand the reasoning behind it. Carrick is similar to Barry so obviously if he breaks down then we have a player in the same mould that won't disrupt the system Capello is looking to play.

I disagree about picking experience always, look at Owen world cup 98, he came in aqt 18 after half a good season and very little experience but played very well. Rooney was 18 and had minimal experience also, another being Aaron Lennon who always looked dangerous when he come in world cup 2006. I know some players are undroppable i.e Rooney, Gerrard, Lamps, Rio etc. I just can't think of a player other than Parker I'd rather have come on in our squad if we were defending a 1-0 lead against a top class side. We have no real ball winner in midfield, it's pretty unbalanced imo.

I still trust Fabio though, he;'s the best we've had in ages.

i wonder if Bent was playing for United or Chelsea he'd be going home. doubt it very much

also Holland are unbeaten in 18matches going into world cup. fuck, confidence will be flowing through the team

Will be following all the following players with a close eye:

Korea Republic: Ki

Greece: Samaras

Holland: Braafheid

Cameroon: N'Guemo

New Zealand: Killen, McGlinchley

Japan: Nakamura

Ivory Coast: Bamba

Slovakia: Pernis

I'm so shocked that McDonald didn't make the final Australia squad, what the actual hell. I know his international record is really poor, but still.

Walcott's shit he stayed at home. Heskey is fat and shitter, he's on the plane.

Huh?

Heskey is only there because this man couldn't physically go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ensSXr6XhwA#

1269576282.jpg

^ the man holding that trophy, getting shrugged off the ball by Bobatov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-gIjM5_zDM#ws

Anyone who before the friendly matches said he wasn't good enough, look at those goals, and tell me what other england striker could score them, and hold the ball up as well as bobby does.

i wonder if Bent was playing for United or Chelsea he'd be going home. doubt it very much

also Holland are unbeaten in 18matches going into world cup. fuck, confidence will be flowing through the team

Spain has a pretty good record too. Dont know how many matches its been, but we havent lost since the Confederations Cup against USA. Also, in the las 77 matches, we've lost 5. I think its pretty good :-P

Im really curious about how Pedro will play (hopes he gets chances). The other day against Saudi Arabia he wasnt himself.. but it was his first appearance with the National Team, so I think he was scared. Hope he plays like he does in Barça, coz man, hes fucking quality.

Guest Millzy

The problem with going undefeated for so long is how a team reacts to when they do finally lose. It could shake you so much that you dont know what to do and you could end up losing the next game as well. I hope spain amd holland lose their opening matches...

:-)

new penalty rule

Penalty 'feints' banned ahead of World Cup

Penalty-takers will no longer be allowed to halt at the end of their run-ups to try to fool the goalkeeper.

The International Football Association Board has decided it is "unsporting behaviour" and made it a yellow card offence in time for the World Cup.

sorry if this has been posted. just heard about it today

new penalty rule

Penalty 'feints' banned ahead of World Cup

Penalty-takers will no longer be allowed to halt at the end of their run-ups to try to fool the goalkeeper.

The International Football Association Board has decided it is "unsporting behaviour" and made it a yellow card offence in time for the World Cup.

sorry if this has been posted. just heard about it today

Ronaldo is fucked then

The problem with going undefeated for so long is how a team reacts to when they do finally lose. It could shake you so much that you dont know what to do and you could end up losing the next game as well. I hope spain amd holland lose their opening matches...

:-)

Yeah this is true. Thats why we got Pedro, he's been doing that when Barça was losing (they are not used to it either) and he saved them a few times :-D