AVA General Discussion

n i k u

My Dreamwalker DVD/CD/Comic book/whatever came in great quality. I guess I got lucky. I was actually impressed with how nice it was. Y'know, aside from the fact that I have to burn the songs onto the CD myself. That's still the cheapest thing I can imagine a band doing. Selling blank CDs to fans.

Ok wait....... they sold blank cds with the digital download rights to put on said blank cd. That is the cheapest most hilarious thing i have ever fucking heard. And i once lived with a guy who weighed and measured everything he consumed.. not for health reasons but to save money.

• Like 3

Also can't help but find that hilarious in a way.

I mean, you buy music from an artist, it comes in a fancy box, with books and shit, and then...there's also an empty CD... and you gotta burn the music on it...YOURSELF :grin: It's like a mean joke.

Cheerios, I hope it's a really pretty blank CD at least ;-)

• Like 2

lol who else's decision would it be? he's the cheap ass who won't pay to distribute his music because he knows he can rape tombots either way and still fund his delusion of an "independent" band using blink-182 money :)

Nuked the fuck outta that.

HOME RUN!!! TOUCHDOWN!!! etc etc

Ghent has just bitch slapped Tom all over the forum.

My Dreamwalker DVD/CD/Comic book/whatever came in great quality. I guess I got lucky. I was actually impressed with how nice it was. Y'know, aside from the fact that I have to burn the songs onto the CD myself. That's still the cheapest thing I can imagine a band doing. Selling blank CDs to fans.

Wait did they really do that?  Does the CD have seemingly official artwork on it?  If so, I think thats actually pretty cool.  I mean you can burn the entire album, but also put on some "bonus" tracks, be they official instrumentals or remixes, or simply just previous AVA songs that feel like they belong with the Dream Walker songs.   I mean maybe that is a cheap way for things to be, but I would have loved if certain bands did this, so that I could customize the album to how I would like, all the while having the cd look 100% official.

I always wished for a version of TOYPAJ with the 3 symbols on it (like the edited version and the versions with no bonus tracks), but after Please Take Me Home, put all 3 off the serious bonus tracks at the end (as not a single version did this, and it drives me crazy), and possibly after those 3 songs, I might put the 3 bonus joke tracks.  Heck I could have relocated the 182 seconds of silence from the end of Please Take Me Home to the end of the 3rd serious bonus track (which I think I'd have made What Went Wrong?).  I love TOYPAJ, but its always bothered me that there doesn't feel to be one definitive version of the album, instead you have to own 3 versions.  Or what might be cool would be to add Man Overboard to Enema of the State, or the Scott Raynor version of Mutt to the end of Dude Ranch.  I would love if blink offered their official cd artwork on blank cds to burn how I'd please.

I always wished for a version of TOYPAJ with the 3 symbols on it (like the edited version and the versions with no bonus tracks), but after Please Take Me Home, put all 3 off the serious bonus tracks at the end (as not a single version did this, and it drives me crazy), and possibly after those 3 songs, I might put the 3 bonus joke tracks.  Heck I could have relocated the 182 seconds of silence from the end of Please Take Me Home to the end of the 3rd serious bonus track (which I think I'd have made What Went Wrong?).  I love TOYPAJ, but its always bothered me that there doesn't feel to be one definitive version of the album, instead you have to own 3 versions.  Or what might be cool would be to add Man Overboard to Enema of the State, or the Scott Raynor version of Mutt to the end of Dude Ranch.  I would love if blink offered their official cd artwork on blank cds to burn how I'd please.

All of these are great ideas lol  Definitely gonna be adding those to the ends of those albums in my itunes.  I just have most bonus tracks in an album of their own.