AVA General Discussion

n i k u

• 5 weeks later...

I rarely post here but really quick: Im in San Diego right now. I made a quick stop at James Coffee ask for David and the people there told me he's currently touring with his "first band" and I quote "not Angels and Airwaves". I guess he did miss touring. 

Edited by dd182

14 hours ago, dd182 said:

I rarely post here but really quick: Im in San Diego right now. I made a quick stop at James Coffee ask for David and the people there told me he's currently touring with his "first band" and I quote "not Angels and Airwaves". I guess he did miss touring. 

yeah, toby morse put up a video of the hazen street rehearsals on instagram

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.fuse.tv/2016/05/angels-airwaves-warped-tour-world-supergroup?utm_campaign=fuse&utm_source=facebook&campaign=scl%7Cfbk%7Cfsc&utm_medium=social

I miss when tom at least cared about his music. So much has changed in ten years.'not saying I like  Ava but looking back whisper is a decent release, especially compared to what we have seen him put out lately. (Aside dream walker, but that doesn't have last power)

Does it really count as a super group if the second guitarist was barely from famous bands and the bassist quit faster than you could say "AVA sucks giant donkey dicks" ? I mean I guess they have a point but all AVA did was provide further evidence that super groups don't really work in that 'scene'. 

• Like 2

I use to talk with him on like AIM i think it was he was actually pretty cool to talk to but anytime you'd try to bring up AVA he would always say "i can't talk about it" Makes me wonder if they put like a clause in him leaving where he wouldn't talk shit about Tom. Hell even in the Start The Machine doc it seemed SUPER awkward when they talked about him leaving. 

I think Ryan Sinn might be the guy that would be the most interesting to talk to from Angels and Airwaves.  He'd probably tell it like it is.  Also interesting how (as far as I know) he was the only other member of the band to ever sing vocals to any of the songs aside from Tom.

8 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

I use to talk with him on like AIM i think it was he was actually pretty cool to talk to but anytime you'd try to bring up AVA he would always say "i can't talk about it" Makes me wonder if they put like a clause in him leaving where he wouldn't talk shit about Tom. Hell even in the Start The Machine doc it seemed SUPER awkward when they talked about him leaving. 

This is true. He wasn't legally allowed to talk about AVA after leaving the band. He had a website that showed his discography of albums he's worked on, and he was even required to remove We Don't Need To Whisper from that list.

I forgot he would add people on AIM back in the day. I totally added him on AIM as well. Haha.

• Like 1

The best was after he was out of Angels and Airwaves he updated his website to play a creepy version of Got No Strings from Pinocchio.  Plain and simple he was telling us that everyone in the band were just Tom's puppets made to do what he dictated.  It's no wonder that everyone but Tom from the original lineup is out of the band at this point.