AVA General Discussion

n i k u

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, horchata said:

I wonder if Tom threatened to sue him for talking negatively about the band at all. Surely there is a reason for his silence.

maybe he just doesn't remotely care? never seemed like his scene anyway tbh

• Like 1

"I recieved a phone call the evening of April 19th that concluded my relationship with Angels And Airwaves. I could go into an entire novel about my opinions of the whole matter and why I was given the axe, but to me, throwing dirt just seems desperate and tabloidial.

All I'll say as to why I was kicked out, the reasons I was given weren't at all honest, and severely hippocritical to the point of abhorrent disgust.

Some of you here have a good sense about what this fan club really is, and the rest of you have been really awesome about taking it upon yourselves to improve things here. If any of you want to spend an additional $30 for nothing, email me and I'll give you an address to send a check"

I think hippos were involved...

On 11/17/2016 at 3:06 PM, _Kyle_ said:

"I recieved a phone call the evening of April 19th that concluded my relationship with Angels And Airwaves. I could go into an entire novel about my opinions of the whole matter and why I was given the axe, but to me, throwing dirt just seems desperate and tabloidial.

All I'll say as to why I was kicked out, the reasons I was given weren't at all honest, and severely hippocritical to the point of abhorrent disgust.

Some of you here have a good sense about what this fan club really is, and the rest of you have been really awesome about taking it upon yourselves to improve things here. If any of you want to spend an additional $30 for nothing, email me and I'll give you an address to send a check"

I bet the phone call was from a guy who knew a guy who knew Tom's manager.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2016 at 5:24 AM, horchata said:

I wonder if Tom threatened to sue him for talking negatively about the band at all. Surely there is a reason for his silence.

Maybe the contract Ryan signed initially said you can't bad mouth Tom or AVA. Because under normal circumstances, you can't sue someone for saying bad things about you, if those bad things are the truth.

Like if I call you a fucking liar, and I have said proof that you are indeed a fucking liar, that is not actionable in court. That is covered under freedom of speech laws.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

Maybe the contract Ryan signed initially said you can't bad mouth Tom or AVA. Because under normal circumstances, you can't sue someone for saying bad things about you, if those bad things are the truth.

Like if I call you a fucking liar, and I have said proof that you are indeed a fucking liar, that is not actionable in court. That is covered under freedom of speech laws.

i worked for rather large/popular company earlier this year that made me sign a document like that

anyway, most large companies don't let you bad mouth them, even if you are telling the truth, because every second word you'd say counts as business secrets. but yeah, it's quite common even at small businesses that you can't talk about them negatvely (because it's spoiling the business, and even if you have the freedom rights, you don't know the ratio between the effect of your words and the loss they deserve - so they can sue you).

• Like 1

Didn't he join the band just because he needed money and when Tom found out he kicked him out? Plus there were some divergences between Ryan and Tom because for Ryan a band wasn't something that had to be run entirely by just one man.

• Like 1

Saw them at Warped Tour and they were very "serious". Then they got off stage and you could see them wandering around behind this barricade and Way was very smiley and waving at fans and yelling "thank you". That was also the era he was on pills apparently. So who knows.

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Tom's teasing something acoustic on Instagram. Hopefully it's WDNTW. More likely, it's nothing.

That has been confirmed to be 'delayed' by his hack of a producer