AVA General Discussion

n i k u

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I hope Tom doesn't run his life as he does with his projects. I can imagine him teasing Jen to death... to end up bringin' nothing.

I always picture it as him cuddling up and saying 'hey babe...are you ready for the next adventure?' and Jen rolling away like "for the last time, no, I'm trying to sleep" 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, horchata said:

Would still prefer that Tom ^ over the current version of the dude. Space Tom > Crack Tom any day.

I actually disagree. chasing aliens Tom is at least harmlessly entertaining now. Space Tom was just insulting. it was too raw and too soon, he made such a song and dance about doing 'important' music and belittling everything blink had achieved. not to mention the record-written-by-God and the album being the 'second coming of christ' stuff is way, way crazier than anything he's said now. 

like he still touts about how important the work he's doing now is - but at least now it's just globally nuts, and has barely anything to do with music. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kay said:

I actually disagree. chasing aliens Tom is at least harmlessly entertaining now. Space Tom was just insulting. it was too raw and too soon, he made such a song and dance about doing 'important' music and belittling everything blink had achieved. not to mention the record-written-by-God and the album being the 'second coming of christ' stuff is way, way crazier than anything he's said now. 

like he still touts about how important the work he's doing now is - but at least now it's just globally nuts, and has barely anything to do with music. 

That.

Even though it's better to hear from Tom on short instagram or Facebook posts so it's on small doses and it's harmless. But when he did that very long interview about aliens and stuffs on a radio a couple of months ago, he sounded as pretentious as he was back in the day when he was Space Tom. After 20 minutes I had to stop the thing because I couldn't stand him. I still can't believe that this is Tom right now.

Well, I don't think is the most mental musician, in fact.

Anyways, yeah, he was one of the coolest guys in the 'scene'. It was all funn for the sake of it, and that way of not taking him that serious was gold. Then, he turned into the opposite. Just the opposite.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2016 at 7:58 AM, Craig182 said:

I think I'd actually prefer Tom to go back to thinking Angels is the greatest thing since sliced bread, rather than this bastardised version that just churns out EP's and soundtracks for his other crap 

Yeah, at least that way we could get more music from him instead of him polluting other industries with his novice crap (I'm looking at the film and book/comic industry).

Hopefully he doesn't get the big idea to fund a video game next because knowing him it would probably end up being some pretentious boring shit.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hahaha oh gosh.

You know as bad as it is, there's always hope for the guy. If I could ever find the first cover I ever posted online I'd show you guys, it was awful but I was somehow proud of it. It might have been worse than this. But my point is, it was the first cover I ever recorded, and it was horrendous, but I kept playing music and I kept recording songs and I eventually I did get much, much better.

You gotta start somewhere I guess. But the smarter ones (not me clearly) don't have to embarrass themselves to improve.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, alex_dept. said:

Tom's voice is so great in A Little's Enough

really? I mean I hate the song regardless but I always thought his voice was so irritating on the pre chorus.