AVA General Discussion

n i k u

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm finally becoming a big AvA fan. Just something about Tom's uniqueness and guitar playing that draws you to his music regardless if it's not blink.

I've been scrubbing through their catalogue to make a super playlist and I have to say Chasing Shadows might be my favorite stuff from them.. Wasn't this not received that well? 

Rebel Girl is definitely top 5 song.

12 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I think I'm finally becoming a big AvA fan. Just something about Tom's uniqueness and guitar playing that draws you to his music regardless if it's not blink.

I've been scrubbing through their catalogue to make a super playlist and I have to say Chasing Shadows might be my favorite stuff from them.. Wasn't this not received that well? 

Rebel Girl is definitely top 5 song.

Most people didn't rate the EPs but I loved them. preferred Of Nightmares though. View From Below just gelled with me loads, Home is quite cute, Parasomnia is great background music and I used to hate Into The Night but then I had it on in the background when reading a book and it just sort've struck me and now even though I should hate it (because theres so much wrong with it) I just like it anyway. I really like the Chasing Shadows EP but I think the Of Nightmares songs stand out a bit better. 

The two EP's are great. But i also prefer ..Of Nightmares.

I'm known for bein a blink geek in my band, and i always share the new shit with them. One of my best friends isn't really obsessed with blink and ava but  likes a lot of their stuff.

He loves the dreamwalker though.

I showed him rebel girl the other day and he didn't really like it that much, but was amazed about how how recognisable toms songwriting still  is in every regard, and he admires that quality of him. Nobody can truly copy his style regardless if you like what he does or not, he has a distinct sound and you immediately know if he is involved

• Like 1