AVA General Discussion

n i k u

I feel like that post was edited somehow..? In the discussion, one of the responses I saw didn't make sense and suggested the picture was changed or something, but I don't know if that's how any of this works hahaha

The footage in this video shows the photoshoot though, and everything is exactly the same, which is why I feel like something is off here..unless this is footage that's 5 years old and they somehow look exactly the same age now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I can't get over Rebel Girl.  How is everyone on here not raving over it?  It has all the classic Tom elements.  Some silly but catchy 80s influence, nicely toned guitar riffs, moving chorus melody, nice little breakdown and finale.

Too cheesy AF to me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I can't get over Rebel Girl.  How is everyone on here not raving over it?  It has all the classic Tom elements.  Some silly but catchy 80s influence, nicely toned guitar riffs, moving chorus melody, nice little breakdown and finale.

It's average, has some good parts but also some that are not so good.

I think your mind is playing tricks on you, making you like it more because of how bad Skiba is in Blink. 

4 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I find it a bit too generic AVA for my liking. To me it's a bit boring and too similar to the LOVE songs. Had the same opinion on Paralyzed, although I love the riff on that song.

This song would be soooo much better if it had the LOVE sound.. 

LOVE pt1&2 is some of Tom's best work imho

2 minutes ago, Since88 said:

This song would be soooo much better if it had the LOVE sound.. 

LOVE pt1&2 is some of Tom's best work imho

I love the ideas of the album, just I'm not a fan of the finished product. Songs like One Last Thing could've been way way better without all the electronic stuff I think. Dry Your Eyes has a great build up but then the riff after that build up is just very generic AVA for me. I like the Revelator but I feel like something is missing in that song. Saturday Love & Some Origins of Fire are the ones I like though. All That We Are has a great outro but I dunno what the hell the song was doing before it builds up into the outro. I just feel like the songs are either generic AVA, lead to nowhere or just full of too much space stuff or are too long. All the songs have something I like about them though.

I'm more into the TDW sound as it's more of a raw rock sounding album to me. Prefer WDNTW and I-Empire too, although some of those songs are way too long and repetitive for my liking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

It's average, has some good parts but also some that are not so good.

I think that's the whole beauty of it, it's simple and not as try hard as many AvA songs tend to be. It's simply Tom and effective.

4 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I think your mind is playing tricks on you, making you like it more because of how bad Skiba is in Blink. 

I mean I would not write this out, it's possible, Skiba makes my shits sound good, but I listen to a lot of AvA right now to compare and it holds up with all of them it's definitely tighter than a lot and not so indulgent. Plus his voice sounds great imo.

It's not vintage Tom but it's more reminiscent than some of his Ava blunders

6 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

Was listening to Rebel Girl some more and the bridge really stands out tho. Those vocal harmonies right before the last chorus is pretty nice, gives the song a fresh touch

I love how quickly the bridge moves between parts.. Doesn't keep repeating itself or slow down much.

Fantastic song

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I used to dislike Surrender and Adventure, really enjoy them now.

Especially the remixed versions.  Once you accept Tom's weird transition, there's a lot of good content there.  A little too lovey dovey still at times for me.

The remix for Surrender is way more enjoyable than the original and I don't even hate the video although it is bloody weird and silly -

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/tom-delonge-says-angels-and-airwaves-new-album-vision-where-wanted-blink-182-go-future-2507286

Tom DeLonge says Angels And Airwaves’ new album is “vision for where I wanted Blink-182 to go in the future”

Tom says a lot of things, most of it is hype.

On 6/19/2019 at 2:56 AM, Kay said:

The remix for Surrender is way more enjoyable than the original and I don't even hate the video although it is bloody weird and silly -

I can't listen to the original because this one is so much better.  All these versions are good if not better.