AVA General Discussion

n i k u

3 minutes ago, knapton said:

The song has grown on me more and more. Really liking the synth intro now

It's a good song. I haven't really cared much for AvA outside of Whisper and I really like this song a lot. If this is the direction the band is moving in then count me in. It's a nice dicersion from the space-intro, love is a savior shit they've played to death. Tom is great at straight-forward songs.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 11:15 PM, knapton said:

Ive seen them once before but they can play whatever and ill be happy. Really looking forward to this, I think its gonna be fun.  Plus i think theres like 4 of us from here going to the Seattle show

I'm flying from Texas to Seattle just for the show. Any bars or places you recommend for before/after the show?

23 minutes ago, knapton said:

God damn I'm so excited. Tom really can't sing anymore though. 

It sounds chaotic but I really like the synths.

All these posts of you guys seeing Tom this week/soon make me wish I had an AVA show to look forward to.

49 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I definitely like the sound of that more than Rebel Girl. I'm pumped!

I'm interested but I'd like to hear more before I get pumped. Tom has burned me too many times. He has great ideas and starts to songs that tend to fizzle out when he's left to his own devices. AvA, with the way they are sounding now would be tremendous if Tom would bring in an outside producer and get over himself. You need a third-party perspective when recording and mixing.

20 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I'm interested but I'd like to hear more before I get pumped. Tom has burned me too many times. He has great ideas and starts to songs that tend to fizzle out when he's left to his own devices. AvA, with the way they are sounding now would be tremendous if Tom would bring in an outside producer and get over himself. You need a third-party perspective when recording and mixing.

They are having a third party perspective now.  That's why it sounds better no?  Thought that's what the label was doing.

8 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Do they have a producer for this?

Don’t think so. Aaron and Tom were demoing by themselves since March 2018 until around february or march when Ilan joined up. They started recording in a studio in L.A. around then I assume for the final product, but pretty sure theres no producer involved.

Tbh I already prefer the production based on Rebel Girl and this clip but I won't know until I've heard the full record. the clip is interesting I guess, can't really comment based on what we've heard. 

I really like this preview. I haven't been excited about new Angels & Airwaves music at all this round (I'm not a fan of Rebel Girl) and this sounds like it could be something I'm into! Trying not to get my hopes up as it's only a preview but I'm looking forward to Friday!