AVA General Discussion

n i k u

12 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

everyone at The AVA Movement who thought the Rebel Girl video was bad creepy are now suddenly praising it for being so much better and more "artistic" than the Darkside video. lmao fuck off.

Not true at all, I couldn't care less about it. As far as I'm concerned both videos are lame with good songs.

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

Not true at all, I couldn't care less about it. As far as I'm concerned both videos are lame with good songs.

People in the FB group just totally changed their minds about the video when Darkside came out.

I don't think the Rebel Girl video is as bad as everyone says and I don't think the Darkside one is great. But I don't like music videos in general, most of the time.

In my opinion this is one of the best blink related work instrumentation wise.

Catchy, upbeat, makes you amped.

Sounds real. Not super easy and uninspired like almost everything blink did with skiba. Sounds new, but still recognizable. If anything it sounds more like the old blink than the new blink-182.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Wow, genuinely really like this song.  So much better than that first track he released for this new album.  Like night and day, thought that one was terrible and cringe, while I think this one is great.  I suppose that's always been Angels and Airwaves, the music is has always been great or boring and forgettable.

Song as grown.  The verses really hit.  Even though Never Say Never is Bieber's famous line/movie right?

Anyway, 2019:

-Kiss & Tell

-Rebel Girl

-Voyager

-Overload

-Anxiety

-Surrender (weird sci-fi mix version)

-Young London (same thing)

-Secret Crowds

-Sirens

-Wolfpack

-It Hurts

Are my top AvA songs in order.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 11:16 PM, Nshesaid said:

Song as grown.  The verses really hit.  Even though Never Say Never is Bieber's famous line/movie right?

Anyway, 2019:

-Kiss & Tell

-Rebel Girl

-Voyager

-Overload

-Anxiety

-Surrender (weird sci-fi mix version)

-Young London (same thing)

-Secret Crowds

-Sirens

-Wolfpack

-It Hurts

Are my top AvA songs in order.

The never say Never line is a nod to The Wolfpack.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Listened to Kiss & Tell at least 10x in a row and can’t stop. So damn good, keep noticing new stuff every listen. Just picked up on the subtle palm mutes throughout the verses that I love.

It's very good, yeah! Glad you like it!

• 2 weeks later...

So I hadn't listened to either Rebel Girl or Kiss And Tell since they came out, had my big ol' headphones on in my office while doing some work, threw it on.

Holy shit it sounds good on decent headphones haha, I am finding Rebel Girl much more tolerable and Kiss And Tell might be the best thing any of them have done in quite some time. I'm trying not to be excited for the AVA album because I'm so used to being disappointed by Tom it's bordering on daddy issues, but yeah, the song makes me hopeful. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1