AVA General Discussion

n i k u

18 minutes ago, Tombomb said:

Question- are there just the 3 short films for the Whisper album? And if so, wtheck?! I want to know what happens in the story!

... There's a story? 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

... There's a story? 

Well, I know, the vids don't make a whole lot of sense, but there is some sort of running theme with the same actors,..i just personally really love this album and would dig having visual for it all. Heheh I know we disagree somewhat here tho. 

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Part 2 of my convo with AVA’s tour manager. Must listen for AVA/Tom fans, some incredible insight into how the last tour came together, Tom’s emotional state, and where they are with the new album:

18 minutes in-yeah, this is really cool! To hear about all the band members, the inside scoop with what we already know...it just really seems like a great group! To be a fly on that wall! ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 2:01 PM, Tombomb said:

Well, I know, the vids don't make a whole lot of sense, but there is some sort of running theme with the same actors,..i just personally really love this album and would dig having visual for it all. Heheh I know we disagree somewhat here tho. 

They were planning to do a video for every song IIRC but the hype didn't really pick up on it. A lot of plans with AVA seemed to have gone down that route

• Sad 1

On 9/6/2020 at 11:01 PM, Tombomb said:

those vignettes developed in to the love movie

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 6:54 PM, Mau5 said:

They were planning to do a video for every song IIRC but the hype didn't really pick up on it. A lot of plans with AVA seemed to have gone down that route

still waiting the exclusive songs for Modlife members that I was promised 12 years ago lol

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 11:01 PM, Tombomb said:

Fall Out Boy did this for the Save Rock'n'Roll album, but unlike Tom they actually followed through with it. It's a fun idea

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know it’s edited in such a way to appear more grand, but this was the only time AVA even approach what Tom envisaged in his head. He should’ve used pitch correction for every performance. IDGAF.

For that anthemic kind of music, you need a strong voice that matches the record to reach that crescendo he was after.

Regardless, I’ve said it before, but the bridge kills what is very nearly an amazing song 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, Kay said:

There's some good bits here and there, I am actually intrigued but you've gotta temper that with ol' Tommy Disappointo

I've learned the hard way not to listen to his previews and studio snippets and all of that because of ol' Tommy Disappointo. Tunnels, Wolfpack, Mercenaries is three great examples

9 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I've learned the hard way not to listen to his previews and studio snippets and all of that because of ol' Tommy Disappointo. Tunnels, Wolfpack, Mercenaries is three great examples

See, I love Mercenaries and Tunnels. Both are 10/10 songs for me haha.

The clip with the skate punk drums and the U2 styled guitars sounds fucking awesome though. I wasn't too sure about the skate punk sound merging with the AVA sound on the first clip of the song, but as soon as I heard Tom singing, I just smiled. Dude really does belong in blink-182.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

See, I love Mercenaries and Tunnels. Both are 10/10 songs for me haha.

The clip with the skate punk drums and the U2 styled guitars sounds fucking awesome though. I wasn't too sure about the skate punk sound merging with the AVA sound on the first clip of the song, but as soon as I heard Tom singing, I just smiled. Dude really does belong in blink-182.

Where can we find the Euphoria clips ? Mercenaries was the best song on TDW by a loooong way. I’ve got a soft spot for Tunnels as well, idgaf if it’s corny 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Where can we find the Euphoria clips ? Mercenaries was the best song on TDW by a loooong way. I’ve got a soft spot for Tunnels as well, idgaf if it’s corny 

Tunnels is gorgeous to be honest. I love the little "dream of it" background vocals, and the lyrics are almost not awful which for Tom is a miracle. 

I love mercenaries as well. The album has a lot of flaws but there's a shit load of good in it too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1