AVA General Discussion

n i k u

...could be a good title for Blinks next album as well!

BURN....

i love it

Not really... while blink hasn't put out anything new yet, but when they do, you know it will deliver, just as they always have.  Whereas with AVA EVERYTHING they put out after we first got The Adventure has sucked balls, not to mention all the things they said they would do but never did (remixes, streaming concerts, live albums, punk album, etc etc).  It seems clear to me that more than anyone Tom is most guilty on not delivering his promises, but yes Mark is too, but again not even close to as much.

Whereas with AVA EVERYTHING they put out after we first got The Adventure has sucked balls, not to mention all the things they said they would do but never did (remixes, streaming concerts, live albums, punk album, etc etc).  It seems clear to me that more than anyone Tom is most guilty on not delivering his promises, but yes Mark is too, but again not even close to as much.

Although not much, they did stream some concerts on Modlife.

And Tom's promises are all about AVA (so it shouldn't affect a Blink fan like you)... Blink fans should be looking at Mark in respect of empty promises.

Whereas with AVA EVERYTHING they put out after we first got The Adventure has sucked balls, not to mention all the things they said they would do but never did (remixes, streaming concerts, live albums, punk album, etc etc).  It seems clear to me that more than anyone Tom is most guilty on not delivering his promises, but yes Mark is too, but again not even close to as much.

And Tom's promises are all about AVA (so it shouldn't affect a Blink fan like you)... Blink fans should be looking at Mark in respect of empty promises.

Thats stupid, I still hold it against Mark that they never created the 2nd plus 44 album that they supposedly signed that contract for.  It doesn't matter the band, a promise is a promise.  So too then, can I look at all of Tom's unfufilled promises.  Also what concerts did they stream?  It was my understanding that they never did that.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Tom the first to say in that article that blink has a new song "The Night the Moon was Gone" that would soon be released?  He got the new song fever rolling, but it was later that Mark revealed the name to be "Up All Night" and tweeted much about it.  The promise of a new song is just as much Tom's claim as it is Mark's.

I'm pretty sure they only streamed ONE show on modlife since it's been up. Korn however has done A LOT on their site.

I remember at least 2 (I haven't subscribed in 2 years though).

Korn are willing to use the site properly, to keep people coming back. And the pay-per-view thing seems to be successful for the shows.

I think Tom is dining out on hardcore AVA fans who will pay regardless...

Modlife is only ever gonna work if the bands that join make it their OFFICIAL website (like AVA, Korn, Third Man Records).

And it only seems to work with established bands...

Bands with fragile and smaller fan-bases like FTSK/FF5 are never gonna get enough people to subscribe...

Thats stupid, I still hold it against Mark that they never created the 2nd plus 44 album that they supposedly signed that contract for.  It doesn't matter the band, a promise is a promise.  So too then, can I look at all of Tom's unfufilled promises.  Also what concerts did they stream?  It was my understanding that they never did that.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Tom the first to say in that article that blink has a new song "The Night the Moon was Gone" that would soon be released?  He got the new song fever rolling, but it was later that Mark revealed the name to be "Up All Night" and tweeted much about it.  The promise of a new song is just as much Tom's claim as it is Mark's.

The contract wasnt for +44 it was for Mark and Travis to release another CD...(Blinks new cd would also come in under the contract.)

Whereas with AVA EVERYTHING they put out after we first got The Adventure has sucked balls, not to mention all the things they said they would do but never did (remixes, streaming concerts, live albums, punk album, etc etc).  It seems clear to me that more than anyone Tom is most guilty on not delivering his promises, but yes Mark is too, but again not even close to as much.

Thats stupid, I still hold it against Mark that they never created the 2nd plus 44 album that they supposedly signed that contract for.  It doesn't matter the band, a promise is a promise.  So too then, can I look at all of Tom's unfufilled promises.  Also what concerts did they stream?  It was my understanding that they never did that.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Tom the first to say in that article that blink has a new song "The Night the Moon was Gone" that would soon be released?  He got the new song fever rolling, but it was later that Mark revealed the name to be "Up All Night" and tweeted much about it.  The promise of a new song is just as much Tom's claim as it is Mark's.

I watched one of the concerts AVA streamed. I think it was one of the very few dates that they headlined during their tour with Weezer. But still, everything else you said is so true. It is ridiculously annoying. And I almost forgot about it, but now that you brought it up, I think what I'm most mad about is not getting that second +44 album which they canceled their European tour to "finish".

+44 should probably open for blink on this tour to make up for it. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I didn't think that this deserved a new topic, but I also didn't know where I could put this and have it be appropriate.  :|

I made this video about a year ago while bored in my dorm. Very quick description...its a compilation of video and audio clips from the film "Sunshine" directed by Danny Boyle played over AVA's song "The Gift".

I thought it was a pretty good mix and I can't believe that I didn't post this here sooner. So yeah, whatever, its just something fun for anybody who might be interested.

BTW, whether you like AVA or not, I recommend that you guys see the full movie. Its basically a more entertaining version of 2001: A Space Odyssey visually with a really good cast (Cillian Murphy, Chris Evans and Rose Byrne to name a few) and a very predictable, but necessary ending. Fun stuff IMO. Thanks for watching!

If Tom was smart, now would be the time to turn over AVA to David, Matt, and Atom...Tom can continue writing the music, guest vocals, and what not. But if they got a good singer, AVA would probably be pretty popular.

I know his ego is too big to do something like that, but it would be cool.