AVA General Discussion

n i k u

If Tom was smart, now would be the time to turn over AVA to David, Matt, and Atom...Tom can continue writing the music, guest vocals, and what not. But if they got a good singer, AVA would probably be pretty popular.

I know his ego is too big to do something like that, but it would be cool.

It wouldn't be because his ego was too big to do that, it's just that why would you turn over a band you created in order for it to become more successful. He obviously seeks financial support through his bands, but I don't think that's his priority with Angels, considering he has a vast amount of other sources that he's financially gaining from. AVA seems more of a creative outlet for the music he wants to make more than anything to me (but that's sort of an obvious statement).

Ok this is my opinion on AVA.... basically the bottom line is that they SUCK. Like seriously suck ass a terrible band...this is the reality of the situation. I say this after having been really into them for the past like 6 months and listening to their albums consistently and watching their documentary extensively. The real problem is that every song is the same song....its the same chord structure in every single song literally, im not even exagerating... theres alot of good ideas and there are a couple of really great songs, The last 3 songs off Love are pretty amazing... but the real problem is that its not a band...its Tom and his bitches....the other members of this band are some of the lamest people I have ever seen, they have absolutely zero personality and are basically just Toms personal bitches, im sure they are only in the band because of the financial security and im sure its super fun to hang with Tom etc but they dont contribute anything musically. Tom is such an egotistical asshole and this is his strength, its what people love about him and one of the main reasons blink was so successful, but he needs someone like Mark who is going to tell him to shut the fuck up and bring him back to earth... Blink really needs to be Toms priority...and the whole movie concept....its just a stupid idea....wtf dude, my theory is that it is Toms midlife crisis...

A band is what happens when different people come into a space and all contribute equally...thats why Blink is so amazing because every member is an individual and brings something to the table... like ya blink uses the same progression in every song too but somehow the songs still manage to have a different energy... everything in AVA sounds the same and has the exact same vibe after 3 albums it gets seriously old... godammit fuck this band

OK that was my rant I know it wasnt really the best written thing in the world but I needed to get this off my chest

Ok this is my opinion on AVA.... basically the bottom line is that they SUCK. Like seriously suck ass a terrible band...this is the reality of the situation. I say this after having been really into them for the past like 6 months and listening to their albums consistently and watching their documentary extensively. The real problem is that every song is the same song....its the same chord structure in every single song literally, im not even exagerating... theres alot of good ideas and there are a couple of really great songs, The last 3 songs off Love are pretty amazing... but the real problem is that its not a band...its Tom and his bitches....the other members of this band are some of the lamest people I have ever seen, they have absolutely zero personality and are basically just Toms personal bitches, im sure they are only in the band because of the financial security and im sure its super fun to hang with Tom etc but they dont contribute anything musically. Tom is such an egotistical asshole and this is his strength, its what people love about him and one of the main reasons blink was so successful, but he needs someone like Mark who is going to tell him to shut the fuck up and bring him back to earth... Blink really needs to be Toms priority...and the whole movie concept....its just a stupid idea....wtf dude, my theory is that it is Toms midlife crisis...

A band is what happens when different people come into a space and all contribute equally...thats why Blink is so amazing because every member is an individual and brings something to the table... like ya blink uses the same progression in every song too but somehow the songs still manage to have a different energy... everything in AVA sounds the same and has the exact same vibe after 3 albums it gets seriously old... godammit fuck this band

OK that was my rant I know it wasnt really the best written thing in the world but I needed to get this off my chest

That took you 6 months to figure out?  :lol: I love AVA, but for the most part, I agree with almost all of this. However, I don't hate AVA for it, I just enjoy blink much more

That took you 6 months to figure out?  :lol: I love AVA, but for the most part, I agree with almost all of this. However, I don't hate AVA for it, I just enjoy blink much more

Lol yea I love AVA too thats why its wierd... like even though they suck and I hate them I still love them even with their faults... and they do have some amazing material... Im just starting to really miss Blink I guess

Surprised they didn't put the wings pin up, I'm glad they sold that on tour I wanted one ever since they were released in the WDNTW tours. That hoodie package for $30 isn't too bad either, if I didn't have the hoodie I'd fork out for it

Whoa, I kinda want the poet hoodie.

I really miss the old hoodie that had a huge "AVA" down the side of it. I never got one before they stopped selling them.

That one was my favorite. One drunken night I lost in on the bus... so upsetting :(

• 2 weeks later...