AVA General Discussion

n i k u

Go write a song about a dick for gods sake.

Agreed.

Man, I literally stopped watching this interview the moment he said, "fine arts project."

That is complete horseshit. Who does this guy think he is now? I feel sorry for Mark having to put up with this shit.

Did he just say " baggage from other bands" ?

As in everything he left with after the break up.  Not pointing to another break up.

i know , the thing is he just talks about blink like its a shit hole and something that hurt him not as the thing that made him as he is

Off topic but Dr. Poon is the greatest name on the board haha

Agreed.

Man, I literally stopped watching this interview the moment he said, "fine arts project."

That is complete horseshit. Who does this guy think he is now? I feel sorry for Mark having to put up with this shit.

it drives me crazy when he trys to be "artsy". He thinks Angels and Airwaves is all ambitious and whatnot but the music in and of itself is such a sad attempt to be a "fine art". I started to cringe when he talking about how "i will not surrender" was related to that astronaut coming back to Earth. Its just too corny because of how cliche his whole attempt is at being deep. Angels and Airwaves would be a lot more of an art project if he would just shut up and not feel like he has to explain it all.

Also, i started to realize how meaningless some of his lyrics are. "Faster, i dream in speeds of ashes." what the hell does that mean? It sounds like a 12 year olds attempt to write deep lyrics.

okay im done with the bashing. self titled forever and after!!!!

Agreed.

it drives me crazy when he trys to be "artsy". He thinks Angels and Airwaves is all ambitious and whatnot but the music in and of itself is such a sad attempt to be a "fine art". I started to cringe when he talking about how "i will not surrender" was related to that astronaut coming back to Earth. Its just too corny because of how cliche his whole attempt is at being deep. Angels and Airwaves would be a lot more of an art project if he would just shut up and not feel like he has to explain it all.

Also, i started to realize how meaningless some of his lyrics are. "Faster, i dream in speeds of ashes." what the hell does that mean? It sounds like a 12 year olds attempt to write deep lyrics.

i think it means the astronaut has dreams of going back down to Earth but he burns up in the atmosphere as he's going back down, and it makes him feel anxious haha. but who knows.

He's such a fucking numpty, he should watch a video back of himself. He's a fucking joke and his shite band are a joke too, he's gone from being my hero/god to an absolute embarrassment. Sort your shit out you thunder cunt, you changed more lives with Blink than you ever will with ava.

The whole art project thing is a huge crutch to support what at this point has become lame and repetitive music.  The saying is let the music speak for itself, not let the fucking movie and crappy live show and toys and AVA brand dildos speak for the music.

He's got to realize that if the music was truly good, as it was in the past imo, he wouldn't need to make all these other things to represent his themes.  Good music makes you picture things, or remember things, or feel things, because it is both good and full of the artist's creativity and passion.

I guess this rant is just saying that having an art project is stupid and that truly good music doesn't need anything to back it up, it just is.

Be a band again Angels & Airwaves.

I like how the way he describes Angels & Airwaves changes after every album. I wonder what they will be after the next album

WDNTW (world changing) -->I-Empire (optimism in an emo world) -->Love 1 (a business) -->Love 2 (fine arts projects) --> ?????

It's weird, he looks really strange doing stuff like that in videos, but when I actually saw them twice he didn't look weird at all even without the guitar. All his movements on stage looked really natural.

Been getting into Love Part 2 again lately, I think it's actually my favourite by them.

Seriously, I always had a 'respect' point of view and admiration about Tom and now, with every interview he does, it happens to make me feel unable to understand him and whatever he wants to say. It's like a message full of emptiness. And hey, now he considers blink as baggage that needs to be cleaned or get rid of. Wonnnnnnnnnnnderful

Warning, over-reaction: this makes me want to sell my ticket to see blink this summer. Seriously. It makes me feel like he's only in blink for the money and to maintain like a status (hi, Oliver).

Agreed.

yeah I agree, most of the lyrics are just SUPER CORNY ''kids dancing in the city streets'' really?