AVA General Discussion

n i k u

28 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Yeah definitely.

But stuff like this makes me think he really IS need of a cashflow. 

I just think he was trying to come up with a neat idea for the 10 year anniversary! When I obviously can't tour it, he must come up with something else! And, his fans have shouted for acoustics for years, and when he finally does it, he's just in it for the money !? I think it's an awesome idea, Alkaline Trio has done it as well, I love those kind of things!

It's gonna be cool to hear those songs with his "new" voice too!

5 minutes ago, Since88 said:

I just think he was trying to come up with a neat idea for the 10 year anniversary! When I obviously can't tour it, he must come up with something else! And, his fans have shouted for acoustics for years, and when he finally does it, he's just in it for the money !? I think it's an awesome idea, Alkaline Trio has done it as well, I love those kind of things!

Aah I see! Didn't know it was for the anniversary. Thought it was just a random release lol. He should release the demos too.

• Like 1

I think this is a good thing for the AVA fans still desperately clutching to the old AVA. personally I couldn't care less because this album is a dumpster fire but it's good for the fans. I wonder if you'll only be able to buy it with an AVA membership though ;) 

14 minutes ago, Clarke said:

The blink reunion was one of the worst things to happen to AvA unfortunately, up there with ditching the record label. 

But again, that's Tom's doing. Tom wanted to use blink to fund his other projects, and clearly got so money hungry that he put AVA on the back burner so he could raise money for TTS. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clarke said:

Of of course it was Tom's doing. He fucked it up. AvA was actually relatively big and he just put it on hold. So many bands strive to be big and never reach AvA's level, which is why I find the move disappointing 

Errr... after blink got back together, he still put out a new album before blink put out a new album (Love) and then put out another new AaA album right after Neighborhoods (Love 2).  I really don't feel like the blink reunion put this band on hold at all.   Frankly as a blink fan I felt insulted with how much time he was still dedicating to AaA when blink got back together. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Blink getting back together definitely killed AVA. Atom even said that in an interview I'm pretty sure.

The band killed itself, if either Love album were any good, the band might still be relevant and not every member might have left the band and maybe they'd still be touring.   I have to imagine that if AaA were ever even close to as big as blink, Tom may have never wanted to do a blink reunion in the first place. 

I don't think blink killed AVA, I think it just cemented the fact that the band was never about being 'a band' but more about being Tom's band. Everyone had to revolve around Tom's schedule, and regardless of what decision's Tom would make it seemed like no one else had any input or at least would have any immediate influence to which direction Tom wanted to go. What a frustrating situation that would have been if you were a band-mate - blink 182 or AVA.

I think blink funded AVA and the fact that AVA was still able to put out records during blink's tenure was insane. I mean - Tom released a fucking AVA EP the same day the blink EP dropped. He used blink as a platform.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...