AVA General Discussion

n i k u

I couldn't give a fuck about tom touring or making movies and books....

I want him to do the thing he's good at. making good studio songs. Cause he still makes good stuff whenever he tries.

I think the dreamwalker record is the best ava work to date. i love the E.P's also. Couldn't care less about his other stuff.

And it would be cool if he made some animations and stuff..to serve the music. but at this point...there is no music in toms world. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

I couldn't give a fuck about tom touring or making movies and books....

I want him to do the thing he's good at. making good studio songs. Cause he still makes good stuff whenever he tries.

I think the dreamwalker record is the best ava work to date. i love the E.P's also. Couldn't care less about his other stuff.

And it would be cool if he made some animations and stuff..to serve the music. but at this point...there is no music in toms world. 

You realize he paid Rubin to write those songs, right?

5 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

Tom did the lyrics and they came up with the music together through a year long process. Rubin recorded most of the guitars and bass parts, aswell as the drums.

but they both made that record. Don't say stuff that isn't true.

K, so Tom wrote the lyrics and Rubin wrote/recorded the music. 

He also paid Rubin to be a studio musician.  Not sure how my original statement was wrong.

i hate how all the feldybots give tom shit for writing that record together with ilan, yet they have no problem at all when feldmann writes for blink.

i could reply to every cali - love post " you realize they paid feldmann to write that record"..... only that the latter seems way worse to me

4 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

i hate how all the feldybots give tom shit for writing that record together with ilan, yet they have no problem at all when feldmann writes for blink.

i could reply to every cali - love post " you realize they paid feldmann to write that record"..... only that the latter seems way worse to me

so why do you have a problem with Feldmann?

on the dream walker, tom came up with a concept of how the record should sound, and got ilan to help him create the record. the record sounds how tom wanted it to sound in his head. he probably didn't have the skills or the right mindset to record it on his own.

with cali, it feels like the other way around... blink (and their label) went to feldy and told him: "Make us relevant again"... and feldy went to disneyland, came up with concepts for songs and did let very(technically) mediocre musicians (travis excluded) play them....

I have no proof for either theory, it's just how it comes across to me.... i just can't take new blink serious even though i try way harder then with any other band...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

on the dream walker, tom came up with a concept of how the record should sound, and got ilan to help him create the record. the record sounds how tom wanted it to sound in his head. he probably didn't have the skills or the right mindset to record it on his own.

with cali, it feels like the other way around... blink (and their label) went to feldy and told him: "Make us relevant again"... and feldy went to disneyland, came up with concepts for songs and did let very(technically) mediocre musicians (travis excluded) play them....

I have no proof for either theory, it's just how it comes across to me.... i just can't take new blink serious even though i try way harder then with any other band...

Solid post dude!

• Like 1

The thing with Ilan is that he JOINED AVA as a full member -as drummer-, years before The Dream Walker was done. So -and I'm not playing devil's advocate here-, he was a memeber of Angels & Airwaves, who appears to be a multi-instrumentalist musician, and Tom just let him have more control over the album, as long as he noticed his ideas were stuck.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, knapton said:

I would just love to be in the room with Tom and Feldman if they were to write an album together. 

They would last five minutes before they're egos let loose and they beat the crap out of each other.